What's new

Titan Razor Question

It seems like every size and dimension of razor I search for this name always comes up. Now they look really classy and very slick for the price. What is everyone's opinion of these Titan Razors? Are they well made? Good Steel? I really want to get a 13/16 or higher or perhaps even another 7/8 razor because these thicker blades really work well for me. I just don't want to go and drop 70 to 150 bucks and end up with a paperweight. I searched around here but could really not find much on them, does anyone have any experience with these?

Sincerely;
Nate

Thank you very very much Randy, that is the exact kind of information and feedback I was looking for. Sounds very much like GD with many mixed opinions. They do look really nice though. Then again you can polish a turd all you want, but in the end........it is still a turd. LOL I may investigate one after I get my Full Weekly 7 racked up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have one. I would put it in the same category as a GD but with a better finish. The scales are very very heavy. Mine came with a shavable edge.
This is the one I have:

proxy.php

I got one too and it is the razor I most often pack with me when I travel.

It is not a huge razor. Just about the size of a GD.
The metal is good. Mine came reasonably shave ready at a decent price (I think I paid $40 for it).
$2015_06_23.jpg

Well After reading the threads provided, I have decided to hold off on the Titan for a while until I collect a great 7 day shave ready set. They really do sound like a pretty good deal though for the money. I just want to get a couple more of the ones I have my eye on first. Shouldn't be too much longer really I just need to complete the Overhaul on the Monarch and the Scale swap on the Hashir tomorrow. I went ahead and tossed the blade that came with the red scales in my set of three Hashir's and tore down the black scales on the good blade. I will remount the good blade into the red scales that I actually liked in the set of three I got with my strop. I am almost done with the rough sanding and form angles on the scales I am making to restore the Monarch and the pins and washers should be in tomorrows mail so I should be in business and honing up both project razors tomorrow to make them shave ready like my other three and the other Wade and Butcher Arrow should be in the mail on Monday.

Nate, where abouts are you? If you are in the states and willing to cover shipping, I can send mine out for you to try.

Nate, where abouts are you? If you are in the states and willing to cover shipping, I can send mine out for you to try.

I am pretty much exactly Diagonal from You LOL, I am in Southern California currently. I would definitely love to give it a try but I have to hold off until after Wednesday. That is when I find out if I am going to be Busy for 23 hours a day for the next six weeks or not. The Chief Selection results come out Wednesday and if I am advanced to Chief then I will not have any rest until Mid September. If not then it will be life as usual and I can do it. I just got a nasty cut on my upper lip from a sideways stroke with the Wade and Butcher. My Son came tromping into the room and startled me in mid stroke. OIY!! That sucker Hurts!:a47:

tomorrow I will have the Titan razor in 3 different kinds of steel. The cheapest one (ACRM-2 steel, like 18 dollar) took a superb edge, but was crude and warped. Let's see what the more expensive ones are like. The vg10 and Acro steel one together were still only like 67 dollar, so on Aliexpress you can get them really cheap.

Top Bottom