What's new

Tired of Shoveling Snow

So, I wait all day until it appears the snow is stopped. And then I go out to shovel and scrap the cars off. And what happens? It starts snowing even heavier than before. The streets were clear when I went out there. Buy the time I headed back into the house the street was covered for the first time today. I give up. I'm refusing to shovel any more snow this year. If we get more snow tonight or another storm before Spring arrives, the snow is just going to have to melt itself under the rays of the sun 'cause I'm not gonna do it. I feel like Charlie Brown. And would you look at that. Snoopy is sitting in the dining room window laughing at me while he's sipping some Lagavulin 16. Not even the 8, but the 16! I guess that's why when I go trick or treating I'm always the one who ends up with a rock.

So, I wait all day until it appears the snow is stopped. And then I go out to shovel and scrap the cars off. And what happens? It starts snowing even heavier than before. The streets were clear when I went out there. Buy the time I headed back into the house the street was covered for the first time today. I give up. I'm refusing to shovel any more snow this year. If we get more snow tonight or another storm before Spring arrives, the snow is just going to have to melt itself under the rays of the sun 'cause I'm not gonna do it. I feel like Charlie Brown. And would you look at that. Snoopy is sitting in the dining room window laughing at me while he's sipping some Lagavulin 16. Not even the 8, but the 16! I guess that's why when I go trick or treating I'm always the one who ends up with a rock.
I feel your pain...it is headed our way!!!!!

proxy.php

Just North of you. While living in a condo has its downsides, the snow removal service makes up for it. :001_smile Unfortunately I am out of scotch. :(

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Just North of you. While living in a condo has its downsides, the snow removal service makes up for it. :001_smile Unfortunately I am out of scotch. :(
There are a couple nice and lively areas in downtown Fort Worth that I believe I would like to retire to. Right in the middle of action, all kinds of good food at short distances. No longer worrying about maintenance. Then I realize that my annual property taxes are about two months of rent at such a place.

There are a couple nice and lively areas in downtown Fort Worth that I believe I would like to retire to. Right in the middle of action, all kinds of good food at short distances. No longer worrying about maintenance. Then I realize that my annual property taxes are about two months of rent at such a place.

Try Jersey. Over $8,000 year in property taxes for a basic 2 bedroom condo! :mad2:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Try Jersey. Over $8,000 year in property taxes for a basic 2 bedroom condo! :mad2:
My wife is disabled, so my annual property tax is around $2k. That is the only thing stopping me from going back to apartment life. Oh, that and the grill. :)

Tell me about it. Also in Jersey and paying over $13,000 a year in real estate taxes for a 3 bedroom 2 full and 2 half baths on a 50 x 100 lot. In addition I have to pay $350 a year for sewer fees which brings the total nut at close to $14,000. It isn’t all bad though. The house is 2,700 sq. ft. with an unfinished 3rd floor walk up attic that I want to finish, a free jitney that stops in front of my house to take me to and from the train station for commuting into Manhattan and seasonal views of Manhattan. Oh yeah...and a grill on the deck looking towards Manhattan.

Come and live in Australia so you don't have to worry about shovelling snow any more.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Knew a Gulf Coast Alabamian who said, "It is better to have the possibility of a hurricane, than the certainty of a cold winter."

However. Having gone through a cat. 5 storm (Andrew) and two 3's (Ivan, Dennis) I'd say it's a tossup.

The west has earthquakes. That's an idea.

Then there's that Chinese space station, Tiangong-1, that's going to fall to Earth next week ... lat. 43 to lat. 43; equal opportunity for space junk on your head.

How's that snow look now? :001_tongu Better, I hope.

'Course, you can still get the space junk.

AA

I'll make sure my sidewalks are cleared year round but when it comes to my driveway any flakes that hit before the start of fall or after the start of spring are Mother Nature's job to get rid of.

I'm in central NJ and this was my kind of snow, well under the NWS amount predicted. Maybe we had 6-8, but with sun and mild temps today it's winter's last hurrah. I did use my snowblower this morning just to burn off some gas, but by afternoon driveways, streets and sidewalks are clear. Good riddance to winter nor'easters and on to hurricane season.

Top Bottom