What's new

Tired of being teased by Joel!

Argh! First there was the brush wars post. My god, some of the most beautiful brushes I have ever seen and tremendous reviews to boot! However, apparently due to strict scientific methods we were told to be patient and wait. Whew, but ok I'll wait patiently. Then my patience was being tested further by the introduction of a beautiful Badger and Blade brush made just for us members. However, once again I am in limbo just waiting for the details to be released. Will the waiting ever come to an end? Will I be forced to make unimformed brush buying decisions! :eek:

-Brandon

Brandon,

There is a lot of information available if you just search the archives, use Google, and ask questions. You can call Charles at QED, Lee at Lee's Razors, and email Bernd at Shavemac. We have DrP on hand as a moderator. I see no reason to wait on Joel. I look forward to his reviews, but in the end, it will be his opinion. And while I value his opinion, he is not THE authority.

Randy

HeadandFaceShaver said:
Argh! First there was the brush wars post. My god, some of the most beautiful brushes I have ever seen and tremendous reviews to boot! However, apparently due to strict scientific methods we were told to be patient and wait. Whew, but ok I'll wait patiently. Then my patience was being tested further by the introduction of a beautiful Badger and Blade brush made just for us members. However, once again I am in limbo just waiting for the details to be released. Will the waiting ever come to an end? Will I be forced to make unimformed brush buying decisions! :eek:

-Brandon

Brandon,
This is a superb time to mention the B&B Television station, and party bus in the workings, as well as a SECOND B&B Cologne in the works, from a different company. Ahhh ok... the first two I was joking about... but seriously - there is another, totally different B&B Cologne in the works that will be bayrum/lime based.... and that's all I am gonna tell ya :tongue:

Ahhh - but seriously, the B&B brush... basically you know just as much as I do, save for the craftsman making it. The SECOND I get a prototype in hand, you better believe you are going to see and be told of EVERY little tiny detail! :smile:

As far as the brush wars go - just to give ya'll an update for the few of you chompin' at the bit - so far all but three brushes are performing as expected. The three that ARE NOT performing as expected - are the Muehle, the Men-U and the Superior Brush. The Muehle and the Men-U have blown me away and have been performing WAY better than expected. The Muehle could EASILY become one of my favored daily use brushes, and the Men-U is REALLY a striking performer, and feels superb on ones face compared to badger.... and it is plastic! I think it is overpriced (the Men-U) for what it is, and it feels/looks mighty cheap - but by god does it work.... as far as I am concerned - it works BETTER than a comparably priced brush in badger hair... yeah I know - heresy. The Superior Brush on the other hand... I just cannot seem to get in the groove with. The handle is outta this world superb, but the bristle looks, feels and is mighty cheap badger hair. When wetted it "clumps" together and spikes, almost as if it is coated, doesn't feel all that glorious on ones face and again - the hair looks/feels/is cheap, the tips of the badger hair seem to look worn out and curled - as it has been distinctly trimmed with a dull shear (trimming badger hair brushes in general is a no-no and is a "low quality" characteristic) when you squeeze the bottom of the bristle, you feel a distinct "plug" which makes the brush appear to be packed more densely than it actually is, however once soaked, and used - the truth comes out. Also - the plug is so large and protrudes so much, when you press the brush against your face firmly to work up a lather on your face, you can actually FEEL the hard plug against your face. So far - the "superior" brush is a bit of a let down and seeing as how they aren't inexpensive, in fact more expensive that some of the entrants (the BK4, Muehle, Men-U, shavemac are less expensive) and in my opinion has the lowest quality hair of the bunch.... so far I even prefer the synthetic bristle of the Men-U.

Now before anyone says "I have a Superior Brush and I like it" let me just state - this is JUST my opinion and my experience THUS far. There is NO need to validate the quality/craftsmanship of the brush - as it is well documented here, and on other shaving forums that fellas have them, and like them. So far - I don't, but I have the right to (and very well may) change my opinion as I experience and use the brush more and continue to break it in, and use it with varying products. Again... just my opinion, no need to get all rilled up - or to post you have one and like it... this is not a "support/bash" Superior Brush thread - it is SIMPLY my initial experiences.

:smile: Hopefully this post scratched an itch for some of you who have been curious as to the results so far.

mark the shoeshine boy said:
but what am i suppose to do with the B&B girls on our private jet....we're standing by...

mark the shoeshine boy

Mark.... yer a girl? Now it makes sense! :lol:

Thanks for the "taste," Joel! I know I speak for many B&Bers when I say we can't wait to hear more!!!:biggrin:

joel said:
Brandon,
This is a superb time to mention the B&B Television station, and party bus in the workings,

What, so we gave up on the restaurant chain idea?!? I was looking forward to the Avocado Cream Dip, Badger Burgers with Boar Bristle Fries, and some 1805 pie!

KUJO said:
What, so we gave up on the restaurant chain idea?!? I was looking forward to the Avocado Cream Dip, Badger Burgers with Boar Bristle Fries, and some 1805 pie!

1805 Pie?!!? Howza bout some Castle Forbes Key Lime pie :wink: :tongue:

Top Bottom