What are your nicknames/aliases?
Tom, Tippi Turtle, The Tipster
Where do you live?
North Carolina
What is your age (or) generation?
What are you in the real world?
IT Systems Admin/Engineer
What is your favorite shave setup?
I only have 2 razors and one brush, so far. The Parker 22R, with Rooney badger brush were a Father's Day gift from my wife, and a late 40's Gillette Gold Tech that I just picked up at an antique store - my first vintage razor! They both are valuable to me.
I really like the Red Personnas and the Astra SP blades in my Parker. I'm going to try a Feather in my Tech tomorrow.
I've used VDH luxury soap, Blades Grim Smolder, and a couple of Chiseled Face soaps. They're all great, and are so much better than canned goop. Right now, I'm really digging my CFG Orange Creamsicle, and the CFG Midnight Stag. I still have 8 other CFG samples to try...
What are your hobbies and favorite activities?
Reading (Brad Thor, Vince Flynn, Lee Child, Michael Connelly, etc.)
Hanging out with my family.
What else should the members of B&B know about you?
I've only been wet shaving since this past Father's Day, and I really love it, so far. Like with so many others, going back to a DE razor and brush has turned an awful chore that I did maybe once a week, into something that I look forward to doing every 2-3 days. My whiskers don't really grow fast enough to shave everyday.

I've learned so much about wet shaving by lurking here, on Reddit's wicked_edge, and certain youtube videos. I'm looking forward to participating here, learning more, and maybe even helping someone else get started in wet shaving.

Welcome, Tom! Make yourself comfortable and stay a while.

RJ - Chicago
Posted from my phone, please forgive typos.

Welcome to the HOF, Tom, While many prefer the shaper blades (Feather, Iridium, Med Prep Personna) in a Tech, I'm one who likes it best with a smooth, less sharp blade (I find mine performs best with a Derby or Astra SP). In fact, the combination is one of my favorites. Be sure to try them all and find for yourself what works best for you.

Welcome to the HOF, Tom, While many prefer the shaper blades (Feather, Iridium, Med Prep Personna) in a Tech, I'm one who likes it best with a smooth, less sharp blade (I find mine performs best with a Derby or Astra SP). In fact, the combination is one of my favorites. Be sure to try them all and find for yourself what works best for you.

I think I'm right there with you. I have tried the feathers now in both my Parker and now the Tech, and they're just a little too sharp or aggressive for my face. I seem to really prefer the Red Personnas and then the Astras.

THANKS to everyone! I'm looking forward to being a part of the community!

Top Bottom