cleanshaved

I’m stumped
The only tip you really need on holding your liquor better:

proxy.php

Use both hands!

and go the whole yard.

Using both hands, for proper technique.

yard.jpg

It's one of the reasons I only drink wine and beer. It's hard to control liquor unless you drink it straight or with a bit of soda......which I do.

Switch to whiskey; it does not sneak up on you like gin and vodka.

A scotch and soda on the rocks is a pleasant libation.

But face facts. Some can have a drink and stop. Some can't. If you want the second more than the first, and the third drink more than the second, find a new vice.

first decide if you want to be a alcoholic, or do you just want to loosen up a bit socially?

If you want be a alcoholic drink as much as you can the puke. soon you wont be puking.
If you want to be a social drinker take a shot every 15 minutes, once you have a nice buzz. thats your limit. and stop. when you go out order accordingly.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I use to drink a lot of Jack Daniels. I remember we went to a friends place to watch the Tyson/Spinks fight on his satellite.

We got there about a half hour before the fight started and I took a 40oz with me. The fight lasted 90 seconds. The bottle was empty by the time the fight was over and I was drinking it straight from the bottle.

The next day I thought about that, and not hangover induced thoughts either. I've actually never had a hangover, which is why I could drink a lot and JD use to go down like water. I decided if I can drink like that so easily, I better slow it down and actually quit for quite a few years. Now I enjoy a nice glass of bourbon maybe 2 or 3 times a year.

Building a tolerance is not a wise choice.

The more you drink, the more water, ice, or mix you add. I use to like an ice cold Tom Collins myself and Gin had a strong effect on me too. I'd mix the first one strong, then every next one weaker than the last.

Consider this; everyone's tolerance for alcohol is different. I had a grandad who was a real rootin tootin cowboy. It was hid job. He broke horses for a living after WW1 in Wyoming. He was one of those people who rarely sat still. He wore the same size clothes when they buried him as when he was married. He was a lean, tough as nails bronc buster, amateur wrestler and boxer. A natural athlete. He was no one to trifle with well into his fifties. And he never drank.

He did once in Wyoming during his cowpunching days. A couple of whiskeys at the locsl watering hole and he went wild. Shooting off his sixgun at the moon on horseback. The locals were not impressed. Or scared. Pretty tame stuff to them. They chucked him in the local constabulary's overnight and sent him home sober. The point was, he had no tolerance for it. So he steered clear. To be honest, I don't know if you actuallly can change your tolerance to its effects. He was not afraid of addiction. Only what it did to him. He never had a struggle or anything like that. He was just incompatible with it. So don't try to change your body to it. Adjust your intske to your body.

brilliant point! Everyone's reaction to booze varies by their own chemistry. Some get addicted, some do not. Some don't tolerate it well, some do. You could have a huge Venn diagram where all the above intersect at points. My suggestion, if your tolerance is low, drink less. Just like eating, I don't need a 32 oz ribeye to enjoy the flavor of a good steak. However, because of my particular make-up, I tend to eat beyond the point of need and into the point of gluttony.

Some people don't realize that you don't feel the effects of a drink for 30 to 60 minutes after you drink it. So if you drink steadily until you are pretty drunk you will continue to get more drunk after you stop, which is when you get sick and blackout drunk.

The trick is to slow down and stop at a good buzz.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
A story of the Queen Mother and gin: Her household employed quite a number of gay men (William Tallon aka “Backstairs Billy” being the most notable). On one occasion, they were late bringing Her daily tipple, so She went downstairs into the butler’s pantry and said in a very commanding voice: “I don’t know what you old queens might want, but this Old Queen wants a gin”.

Sorry I can’t help with the original question, though!
:lol:

Top Bottom