What's new

Tips for a new Razor ( Rockwell 6C User)

Fwiw you sound like me... 6s was my main weapon (primarily 2/3, though 4/5/6 were manageable), the Mamba 70 kicked it to the kerb and it stayed there.

I get smoother shaves from the Mamba, the head is less bulky and it's a far more elegant piece of kit all round - the 6s looks positively agricultural by comparison!

This is not to say the 6s isn't a good razor, it is, but for me it was no match for the Mamba 70.

I've never tried the GC68, although I'd like to nothing I've seen suggests it's different *enough* from my Mamba to be worth shelling out for at the moment.... If I ever get chance to pick one up for cheap I certainly would, the fit & finish of these RR stainless razors is superb!

I was using too 6C with plate 3, now i am using Feather AS-D2 but this razor is expensive. I read on the forum, best shave are done with only 2 pass. This is my routine for me 2 pass and no touch up. Generaly i got bbs but it take me a year to have this result. I found Rockwell is a good razor but i compare it with a tank too bulky for me. If i was you, i'll give a chace to RR razor, i never try them but the look good. With AS-D2 i have the pleasure to practice daily shaving.

first test with the BBS. I felt the sensation of the razor blade on the skin throughout the shaving and I had some problems in the counter-grain with blood points and irritation. It's just a first test, the overall shave was deeper than R3 but less comfortable. I didn't quite understand the angle to take.

A little update: i sold the Razorock BBS, after two weeks of test. I'm a bit disappointed 🤣 : Rex Ambassador and Envoy are too much on the aggressive side; Karve Is not avaible in Europe; Timeless Is too expensive. I don't have in mind a razor... Maybe GC .068SB or a Rockwell 6S ...

Take a look at the Fatip Testina Gentile. Inexpensive (compared to some razors), brass not stainless though. It is a very smooth and efficient razor that is on the mild side. I was very surprised by this razor. The Henson is a fantastic razor. The aluminum razor is on the light weight side if that matters to you. I have both the AL13 and Ti22.....I prefer the Ti22 due to the extra heft.

My smoothest razor is the ATT S1....very good performer and buttery smooth. Another favorite of mine is the Yates M plate.....fantastic razor....efficient and smooth. The suggestion of the Merkur Progress is a good one. Adjustable, and provides amazing shaves. Not stainless but a great razor.

Top Bottom