What's new

Tip on lathering without hitting my bowl with my brushes handle?

Everything I lather the handle of my brush hits my bowl/mug and makes a annoying clinking sound. Tips on avoiding this? Also I'm afraid that it will eventually damage my bowl/mug

sacrificial finger tips. after a few shaves you may find you're not choking down and the sides of your brush seem to have grown eyes. it also help you'll not mash the bristles like you used to, it wasn't as important as you thought.

Everything I lather the handle of my brush hits my bowl/mug and makes a annoying clinking sound. Tips on avoiding this? Also I'm afraid that it will eventually damage my bowl/mug
1. What is the inside diameter and depth of your bowl?
2. What brush(es) are you using?

I've been using an Edwin Jagger bowl for about 6 months, I stopped using it because of this particular annoying sound. I recently bought a wider scuttle made by Steve Woodhead, it works like a charm. The depth is perfect as the handle doesn't touch anymore the bowl.

upload_2018-10-4_13-36-31-png.917303

Timeless Razor blue shaving bowl. Injection molded plastic, shatterproof, wide rim and on sale for only $11 at WCS w/free shipping. Incredible lathering bowl!

I have the same issue with a brush that is probably too big and a bowl that is not much bigger that a coffee mug.
Add soap, water and brush and . . .
***clinky -clinky -clinky -clinky -clinky***

I just choke down on the brush with my fingers and bash them into the side of the mug instead of the brush.
It is really effective at keeping me from being an aggressive latherer :001_302:

Top Bottom