What's new

Tiny Art of Shaving Brush

A couple places I could of posted this, but since I got it primarily for the brush, I’ll post here. Might be smaller than a Wee Scot.
50CCD841-E9E3-4BDC-95E0-9C2B9A07A4AF.jpeg

The brush was part of a AoS shave kit on clearance at T. J. Maxx. Lavender shave cream, balm, and the brush. Smells like badger. The knot is 18 or 19 mm and the loft, 44 (approximately). I've done a couple of test lathers and it's already blooming.

I had one of those. Sadly, it became a major shedder after only a year. I’d like to get a new knot sometime because it’s great for travel.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I'll have to check out our TJ Maxx place next week when out to be physicalized by my doctor.

I have that brush except I have reknotted it with a 16 mm Finest from TGN. It took a knot a little smaller that their average 16 mm knots but they checked stock and found one a little smaller. As small as this brush is, it is still larger than my Wee Scot. I have about a half dozen brushes in this size range that I use for travel, and this is one of the two I most often pack.

I tried to reknot a second one and it didn't work out. The handle flexes a little when cleaning out the old knot and I went too far.

Reknotting it with a Finest was a huge improvement over the junk Pure it came with.

I have the same brush out of one of the AOS Sandalwood essentials kits. It was my very first brush. Terrible quality knot but it got the job done at least! I don’t use it anymore 😂

I had one of those. Sadly, it became a major shedder after only a year. I’d like to get a new knot sometime because it’s great for travel.
I had a larger version, black badger I believe, that also shed several hairs per shave. Not a bad latherer if backbone is not needed.

I have a different AOS brush a little bigger than yours. Wonderful product! It shed like a golden retriever when I first got it, but had since settled down to become luxurious in my face. Adjusting for varying milage, I think you'll love it.

I guess I got a pretty good deal on mine. I mean you got a good deal too... The most important thing is if you are happy with what you got though.. I have noticed that Marshalls seems to have better deals on a lot of stuff though...

I guess I got a pretty good deal on mine. I mean you got a good deal too... The most important thing is if you are happy with what you got though.. I have noticed that Marshalls seems to have better deals on a lot of stuff though...
I got the kit you did, with the trial sizes and mini dopp bag for $3 but the other guy still beat us lol

ok I am getting my posts mixed up. The kit I got is as above.

Top Bottom