What's new

"Timor" blades?

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
Hmm... Tried them some time ago and it was just weird, like I couldn't quite say what exactly I felt and which way this blade would go the next shave. So I just put them aside. Kind of like "Bolzano" in a cooler wrapping? Pricey! What is your opinion?

I have heard of them but, never had one to try out. Never shaved with a Bolzano blade either. I use mainly Russian Gillette blades & a few middle east blades.

Hmm... Tried them some time ago and it was just weird, like I couldn't quite say what exactly I felt and which way this blade would go the next shave. So I just put them aside. Kind of like "Bolzano" in a cooler wrapping? Pricey! What is your opinion?
Checked my "stash" and I have a tuck of Timor blades that I haven't tried. Once I'm done with these awesome KAI blades, I'll need to give the Timor blade a try.

Do it! If you really really want, I have a whole box I can send you for... guess... another Participation PIF!
Got damn hoarding...
You are very generous and an excellent source of blades for our Participation PIFs. Please don't send the box yet; I'm in danger of an avalanche with all the blades you've sent for upcoming Participation and Challenge PIFs.

Do it! If you really really want, I have a whole box I can send you for... guess... another Participation PIF!
Got damn hoarding...

rabbit hole.jpg

I was talking to a friend that told me the Timor works superbly in his Wolfman. I have been searching for a blade that makes my WR1 sing, so the gentleman sent me a tuck of Timor's. They were superb! Best blade I had used in my WR1 .74. I had tried the usual suspects - Nacet, Wizamet, Polsilver, vintage Shick Plus Platinum, & the Timor was vastly smoother than any of them. I've since ordered more Timor's to keep my WR1 well-stocked. The Timor isn't a top tier performer in any other razor for me, but in the Wolfman, it's a symphony.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I have heard of them but I have not tried them. I do like Bolzano blades. Some research coming up for me.

If they are made in Solingen, that must be the same plant that produces Merkur blades. How can the Timors be very good, then?
:laugh:

Good afternoon, Igor. Happy February 23rd. How are you alive and well? Today I looked through B and B, read your post about Taimore and Bolzano. Unfortunately, I am very uncomfortable to admit, but I did not try these blades that you sent me to try with 2000+ Satinex. Illness, chemistry, surgical medical interventions and hospital hospitals, raising a child, his wife recently had a coronavirus, becoming another problem that changed the usual way of life, a cold paper war with the hated political regime VVP and its bureaucratic henchmen devouring Russia and its people, hundreds of paper and e-mails, funerals of fellow patriots, urgent help for those who have nowhere else to wait for help, daily routine ... All this just burns my time. Sometimes I go hunting and just shoot. Less and less. But I didn't give up wet shaving, I try to write a report every time. Finish the February shave with one blade and then test the Tymore. Compare with Bolzano. I will write my feelings. Be kind. Let the warm sun warm the clean-shaven faces (heads) of all the participants of this forum, and spring will melt the snow of the outgoing winter. Sincerely, Evgeniy.

Good time of day to all! I decided to test the Timor and Bolzano blades, which the author of this topic gave me, along with 200 Satinex 2000 Platinum Plus blades some time ago. 03/01/2021 Two days of growth. Used a Fatip razor with an open comb. Cold water. Supermax shaving cream. Only one side of the blade is used. He shaved the right side of his face with a Bolzano blade, and Timor shaved the left side of his face with a blade. Timor's first pass seemed a little rougher than Bolzano. Second pass and polishing, I did not experience the difference between the blades. The blades are very similar. No blood, no irritation. BBC 90%. 03.03.2021 Two days of growth. Used a Rapier razor. Cold water. Shaving cream Supermax. The second fresh side of the blade is used. Timor shaved the right side of his face with a blade, and shaved the left side of his face with a Bolzano blade. Timor's first pass seemed more rude than Bolzano. Second pass and polish, Timor was much better on the second pass. Bolzano on the second pass rested tightly against the growth of gray stubble on my beard. Bolzano defeated the stubble, but a minimum of pleasure, a modest result. Without blood, Neck irritation appeared from both blades. BBC 97%. 03/05/2021 Two days of growth. Used a Feather Popular razor. Cold water. Shaving cream Supermax. He shaved the right side with a Bolzano blade in two passes, Timor shaved the left side with a blade. Timor's first and second pass was rougher than Bolzano, he even had to make a third pass. No blood, no irritation. BBC 70%. 03/07/2021 Two days of growth. Used razor Fatip Piccolo SE with Gentile plate. Warm water. Shaving cream Supermax. Timor shaved the right side with a blade in two passes with polishing, the left side was shaved with a Bolzano blade in two passes with polishing. Timor's first and second pass was rougher than Bolzano, cutting heavily on his mustache and beard. Bolzano touched my face gently, like a light breeze. Both blades are bloodless, without irritation. BBC 90%. Then I will test both blades for durability. I usually leave them when shaving becomes uncomfortable and irritation after shaving appears for several hours. Those blades that I used and know when they start to irritate, I quit after the last comfortable shave, before the irritation appears. Best regards, Eugene.

I've had a tuck of Timor Blades and I was waiting for the right opportunity. I'm participating in the Fatip Passaround and wanted to use a KAI blade to test the razor. So, in the mean time, I tried the Timor. I got 4 decent shaves from the blade, solidly in the middle of the middle tier pack. Shaves #1 & #4 were ok, not horrible, Shaves #2 & #3 were good and better than #1 & #4. I didn't dread shaving with the Timor, but it won't be listed in the first 5 or 6 blades that I would reach for.

Just received a sample tuck of Timor blades today. Thought I would check them out. Never heard of them until a couple of weeks ago.

If they are made in Solingen, that must be the same plant that produces Merkur blades. How can the Timors be very good, then?
:laugh:

to my knowledge are the merkur blades produced in the czech republic and not solingen, but the souplex and the timors look almost identical and are solingen made. if the timors are made by giesen & forsthoff or thrid party solingen brands idk. i only tried timors years ago bc i got a few for free but wouldnt buy them, maybe i should revisit them at some point but only maybe.

solingen is sadly not what it used to be some 80y ago or so. some relatively big brands (not razor related(!)) are producing their lower tier products under same brand-name (but not 100% identical name and logo) in china but their name is still attached to solingen and quality/craftmanship/handmade. thats not good for the long run imho.

The day before yesterday I finished a comparative test of blades for durability. Timur lived 10 shaves, BOLZANO shaved me 12 times. BOLZANO wins not only in the amount of use, but it is also much smoother and more comfortable. But both blades brought me joy from my favorite hobby! Best regards, Eugene.20210411_085856.jpgDSCN4466.JPG

I have tried them once, certainly DID NOT like them at all. If you take into account the price too, it is a definite never again for me. Tried them in a mild EJ DE89 and a Fatip Piccolo. There are way better and certainly more comfortable blades out there...

Top Bottom