What's new

Timeless VS Wolfman

I currently alternate between Karve CB and Timeless:
- Karve with SB-C and SB-D (have other plates, but those two are definite favourites)
- Timeless Ti .95 DC (OC/ SB): OC for first pass, especially if more than 24 hrs growth, and SB for second and third passes or as a daily shaver

On the wait list for a Wolfman, and, having read multiple threads and reviews, including this one, sounds like I should go for WR2-SB with either 1.05 or 1.15...
So still debating between the two, and interested to hear opinions and advice from people with experience using these razors/ gaps, like @Hannah's Dad , @merovirginian and @Graydog...

In terms of smoothness? WR2 1.05. The 1.05 shaves a little more efficiently though (closer to a D). Here was my take (short version: 1.05 felt like a B but was as efficient as a D):
Thanks for the thread, much appreciated.

The Timeless Ti95 was giving me post shave irritation on my neck for whatever reason. Most folks are getting the WR2 in SB. I have a WR2 SB 1.15 which is great daily driver. I do have a 1.25 gap on order.
I also could not use the Timeless Ti95 due to too much irritation, so now I use the Timeless Ti68 SB with much better results. However, after much reading, I am on the Wolfman waiting list for a SS WR2 1.05 SB. I understand from people’s experiences that this will provide a more efficient shave than the Timeless 68 but not as aggressive as the Timeless 95. Someone please correct me if my understanding is not on point.

Karve with SB-C and SB-D (have other plates, but those two are definite favourites)
If you like the Karve D, I think you'll like the WR2 1.15. Now, I don't have any experience with a Timeless, but if you like the 0.95 timeless and the open comb version, maybe even the 1.25?

If you like the Karve D, I think you'll like the WR2 1.15. Now, I don't have any experience with a Timeless, but if you like the 0.95 timeless and the open comb version, maybe even the 1.25?

Thank you.
I am a daily shaver (ie 5-6 days/ week). My polished .95 Ti Timeless is DC, and I tend to use the OC side for the first pass on a Monday, when I have 48 hrs growth.
I’ve used it a few times for 24 hrs growth, but it would be too much as my regular daily plate, which is why I thought 1.25 would be too much as well.
Otherwise I tend to alternate between Karve C, D and the SB side of the Timeless for daily shaves.

Also, I’ve never tried the SS .95 Timeless, only the Ti, and from what I’ve read the Ti feels “softer”, less aggressive than the SS...
I believe @Graydog said he had used all .95 SS and Ti Timeless plates, so maybe he’d be able to comment on that, and how they feel compared to WR2..?

Last edited:
What I have read and experienced is the 1.15 is closest to the .95
I have both the Wolfman WR2 SB 1.15 and all of the Timeless .95 , scalloped, open comb and SB in stainless steel and polished Titanium. I prefer the polished Titanium Timeless Scalloped .95 over the other Timeless offering .
The Wolfman WR2 SB 1.15 is a amazing razor for me and will always be part of my favorite razors . Again for My face the Timeless polished titanium scalloped.95 and the Wolfman WR2 SB 1.15 are by far my favorite modern razors with Russian Bear Adjustable Razor coming in as a close 3 rd .
Today's Shave View attachment 1143546
Are you by chance referring to the Taiga adjustable?

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Are you by chance referring to the Taiga adjustable?
Yes the Taiga 👍 someone let me try it for a couple of weeks and it was amazing
00000IMG_00000_BURST20200729084131957_COVER.jpg
00000IMG_00000_BURST20200726080451478_COVER.jpg

@Noodles are you a daily shaver? I only shave 2, occasionally 3 days a week because my skin cannot handle any more frequently, and honestly I cannot imagine using the Timeless 95 daily. I need at least 2 days growth to have a comfortable shave.

It’s wonderful that so many different types of people can enjoy this hobby!

No. Usually 5 days, sometimes 4 on a roughly 2 on, 1 off cadence dictated by meetings. I was very surprised at how smooth the Ti .95 felt and not overly aggressive. I could use it daily with sensitive skin. That said, I get less irritation with the Wolfman 1.05 since it’s more efficient.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Currently, my most aggressive razor is a Charcoal Goods SS LvL2. The LvL2 CG is supposed to have a .84 gap...right around there. When my name gets called on the Wolfman list, I'd like to get something a tad milder than that, but more aggressive than my Timeless .68 SS. What would you recommend? I noticed on their WR1 head offerings they have .74 and .80. Was considering one of those two.

Let me know your thoughts. My thanks in advance.

Currently, my most aggressive razor is a Charcoal Goods SS LvL2. The LvL2 CG is supposed to have a .84 gap...right around there. When my name gets called on the Wolfman list, I'd like to get something a tad milder than that, but more aggressive than my Timeless .68 SS. What would you recommend? I noticed on their WR1 head offerings they have .74 and .80. Was considering one of those two.

Let me know your thoughts. My thanks in advance.
Get the WR2. It’s a marked step up from the WR1 in terms of both design and shave experience. Based on your post, I’d recommend you consider either the 1.05 or 1.15.

What I have read and experienced is the 1.15 is closest to the .95
I have both the Wolfman WR2 SB 1.15 and all of the Timeless .95 , scalloped, open comb and SB in stainless steel and polished Titanium. I prefer the polished Titanium Timeless Scalloped .95 over the other Timeless offering .
The Wolfman WR2 SB 1.15 is a amazing razor for me and will always be part of my favorite razors . Again for My face the Timeless polished titanium scalloped.95 and the Wolfman WR2 SB 1.15 are by far my favorite modern razors with Russian Bear Adjustable Razor coming in as a close 3 rd .
Today's Shave View attachment 1143546
My favorite razor is one that you have mentioned: Timeless Ti 0.95 Scalloped with a Polished finish. I love that razor. I am not sure how long the Wolfman waitlist currently is but I only registered about 2.5 months back. To me, I do NOT really want more aggressiveness than the Ti 0.95. I have the Blackbird already that accomplishes this. I want a comparable shave to the Timeless that is hopefully smoother. Something even a smidge milder would work fine.

Based on everything I have read, sounds like the 1.15 would be a good fit.

My favorite razor is one that you have mentioned: Timeless Ti 0.95 Scalloped with a Polished finish. I love that razor. I am not sure how long the Wolfman waitlist currently is but I only registered about 2.5 months back. To me, I do NOT really want more aggressiveness than the Ti 0.95. I have the Blackbird already that accomplishes this. I want a comparable shave to the Timeless that is hopefully smoother. Something even a smidge milder would work fine.

Love reading this because it reminds me how unique each of us are with our wants. I have plenty of razors that I liked and enjoyed but I wanted one razor that would be a one or two pass and done and be good for a few days. Hence I went the other way and ordered a large gap wr2 and am happy with it for me.

Same here.... I’m after something similar to or very slightly milder than Timeless Ti .95, suitable as a daily shaver, so I’ve been debating between WR2 1.15 vs 1.05...

Same here.... I’m after something similar to or very slightly milder than Timeless Ti .95, suitable as a daily shaver, so I’ve been debating between WR2 1.15 vs 1.05...
Seems like we both are looking for something similar in the Wolfman. From, the comparisons I have read the WR2 1.15 is pretty close to the Ti 0.95 in aggressiveness but smoother. If this is the case, the 1.05 may fit the bill fine for me too.

Reactions: DSR
Seems like we both are looking for something similar in the Wolfman. From, the comparisons I have read the WR2 1.15 is pretty close to the Ti 0.95 in aggressiveness but smoother. If this is the case, the 1.05 may fit the bill fine for me too.

Which is why it’s so tricky to decide between the two.... :) :)
The more I read about it, the more difficult it gets to choose one gap... and unfortunately the usual “get both” solution doesn’t quite work in this case....

Last edited:
Which is why it’s so tricky to decide between the two.... :) :)
The more I read about it, the more difficult it gets to choose one gap... and unfortunately the usual “get both” solution doesn’t quite work in this case....

I can compare the 1.25 v T95 SB as I have both. Firstly the build quality and hand feel of both is amazing..

The 1.25 is def a notch up in efficiency to the T95 but at the same time is still very smooth. Not quite as smooth as the timeless, which to me feels mild but is still quite efficient.

IMHO I would say the T95 is closer to a WR2 1.15

So it comes down to do you want smoothness or efficiency more? Do you want something different to your timeless?

Good luck

I can compare the 1.25 v T95 SB as I have both. Firstly the build quality and hand feel of both is amazing..

The 1.25 is def a notch up in efficiency to the T95 but at the same time is still very smooth. Not quite as smooth as the timeless, which to me feels mild but is still quite efficient.

IMHO I would say the T95 is closer to a WR2 1.15

So it comes down to do you want smoothness or efficiency more? Do you want something different to your timeless?

Good luck

Thank you, useful info.

I have the Titanium Timeless .95, which I love. I’ve never had the chance to try the SS Timeless .95, but I’ve seen quite a few people who had tried both saying that, even though they are equally efficient and the end result is the same, the Titanium feels “softer” on the face, maybe a bit less aggressive compared to the SS.

I’ve also seen people comparing the WR2 1.15 with the SS Timeless .95, which is the one you’re referring to as well, I believe?

In which case, considering I’m after a daily shaver that doesn’t feel significantly more aggressive than the Ti Timeless .95, I wonder whether WR2 1.15 might be a bit much, and I should go for 1.05...? Hmmm... 🤔

Does that make sense?

Don't fear the Wolf. I have a timeless. 95. I also have a WM 1.45 gap that has never bit me or caused problems. They don't shave the same, but I was after diversity, not duplication.

In which case, considering I’m after a daily shaver that doesn’t feel significantly more aggressive than the Ti Timeless .95, I wonder whether WR2 1.15 might be a bit much, and I should go for 1.05...?
I had the stainless Timeless .95 OC but didn't really like the 'face feel'. The .68 OC is fine (I kept that one), and was my daily driver although it needs just a tad more 'bite'.
But then I bought a stainless Karve with #C and #D (SB) plates.
Hmmm...that's much better I thought...and promptly bought the #E plate too.
Then I bought the WR2 1.15 DC (SB/OC).
So I have owned/used all of the mentioned razors at one time. What to suggest...?
For WR2 there is no contest...get the 1.25 (or bigger). Very smooth, but I found that the Karve #E plate outperformed the WR2 1.15 and was just as smooth.
Have sold the WR2 already. May get a 1.25 one day, but meanwhile...I have the Karve #F and #G SB plates winging their way to me now.
My only other want is to get a .95 SCL plate for the Timeless (polished, of course).
Yes, the Wolfman is a lovely razor but no use if you choose something too mild.
I only had mine for a couple of months and it was out the door. Gone to Australia to a member of another forum I'm on.
I mainly use Russian Gillette blades, and good soaps (both can affect the quality of your shave, and the 'feel' of your shave).

Top Bottom