What's new

Timeless VS Wolfman

Hello gentlemen,

I currently have the Timeless OC and scalloped baseplates with the 95 gap. I love the shaves I get from both, but enjoy the OC more.

I am thinking of getting the 1.25 when my name comes up on the Wolfman list, but I am unsure about OC or SB. For those who have tried both, how does the Wolfman OC compare to the Timeless OC?

Hello gentlemen,

I currently have the Timeless OC and scalloped baseplates with the 95 gap. I love the shaves I get from both, but enjoy the OC more.

I am thinking of getting the 1.25 when my name comes up on the Wolfman list, but I am unsure about OC or SB. For those who have tried both, how does the Wolfman OC compare to the Timeless OC?
Hi, I was confused on should I get an SB or OC. I asked a similar question last week. Below is a link to it. There is some good information in this thread. I hope it helps.

I really like the looks and weight of the Wolfman Darwin handle. What is the length of the handle (I prefer around 85mm - 90mm). I also like the WRH7 handle. How is the grip on these handles? Does the weight of the handle affect the balance of the razor? @Hannah's Dad or anyone else who can share their experiences with these handles.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I really like the looks and weight of the Wolfman Darwin handle. What is the length of the handle (I prefer around 85mm - 90mm). I also like the WRH7 handle. How is the grip on these handles? Does the weight of the handle affect the balance of the razor? @Hannah's Dad or anyone else who can share their experiences with these handles.
I’ve tried the H1, H2, H3, H7 and some hybrids; I’ve never even held a Darwin. Of course weight affects balance; but your preference should be immune to others’ impressions. What do you prefer? Put another way, get what appeals to you!

(If you want to know what I prefer, it is the solid WRH2 - by a wide margin).

I also love the Timeless .95 as an everyday razor, and asked the same type of questions about which Wolfman gap to get. I was advised to go 1.25 gap, but that turns out to be too much for me. When my next slot comes up, I'll be ordering a 1.05 gap.

I’ve tried the H1, H2, H3, H7 and some hybrids; I’ve never even held a Darwin. Of course weight affects balance; but your preference should be immune to others’ impressions. What do you prefer? Put another way, get what appeals to you!

(If you want to know what I prefer, it is the solid WRH2 - by a wide margin).

+1! That WRH2 is about perfect IMHO!! :a29:

@Mogaert Do you like the Timeless 95 or do you find it too aggressive? Do you think the 1.25 gap feels a lot more aggressive than the Timeless 95?

Thank you @Hannah's Dad. Did you expect to like the WRH2 by a wide margin? What do you like about it more than the other handles? Is the WRH2 thicker than the orhers? Which handle do you think feels most like the Timeless Ti?

Thank you @BigJ for your opinion. Have you tried other handles besides the WRH2? What do you like about the handle? I really like the shape of the WRH7 and Darwin, but if the grip is better on the WRH2 that’s definitely something to consider.

Last edited:

Hannah's Dad

@Mogart Do you like the Timeless 95 or do you find it too aggressive? Do you think the 1.25 gap feels a lot more aggressive than the Timeless 95?

Thank you @Hannah's Dad. Did you expect to like the WRH2 by a wide margin? What do you like about it more than the other handles? Is the WRH2 thicker than the orhers? Which handle do you think feels most like the Timeless Ti?
It is thicker and just feels more ‘secure’ during the shave. Plus, it has killer looks. I suppose the hollow WRH2 handle will most replicate the Timeless Ti handle.

Thank you very much @Hannah's Dad . You seem very knowledgeable and thank you for being so generous with your time. Last question for you: did you choose the standard length WRH2 handle?

The mirror finish looks gorgeous, but I’m afraid I won’t be able to keep it looking prestine, so I think I will choose the basic polish.

Hannah's Dad

Thank you very much @Hannah's Dad . You seem very knowledgeable and thank you for being so generous with your time. Last question for you: did you choose the standard length WRH2 handle?

The mirror finish looks gorgeous, but I’m afraid I won’t be able to keep it looking prestine, so I think I will choose the basic polish.
My pleasure. Yes, I chose the standard length and I think you’re making a great choice with the ‘basic’ polish. There’s really nothing ‘basic’ about Wolfman’s polish. You’ll love it.

@Mogaert Do you like the Timeless 95 or do you find it too aggressive? Do you think the 1.25 gap feels a lot more aggressive than the Timeless 95?

I LOVE the Timeless .95! It is the razor I go to when I want a great, worry free shave. The Wolf 1.25 feels miles more aggressive to me.

I also love the Timeless .95 as an everyday razor, and asked the same type of questions about which Wolfman gap to get. I was advised to go 1.25 gap, but that turns out to be too much for me. When my next slot comes up, I'll be ordering a 1.05 gap.

I have the Ti .95 and WR2 1.05. To me, the WR2 still feels a bit more aggressive, but very comfortable and no blood yet. It is another step more efficient vs the .95. I think you are on the right path.

The Timeless Ti95 was giving me post shave irritation on my neck for whatever reason. Most folks are getting the WR2 in SB. I have a WR2 SB 1.15 which is great daily driver. I do have a 1.25 gap on order.

@Noodles are you a daily shaver? I only shave 2, occasionally 3 days a week because my skin cannot handle any more frequently, and honestly I cannot imagine using the Timeless 95 daily. I need at least 2 days growth to have a comfortable shave.

It’s wonderful that so many different types of people can enjoy this hobby!

Graydog

Biblical Innards
What I have read and experienced is the 1.15 is closest to the .95
I have both the Wolfman WR2 SB 1.15 and all of the Timeless .95 , scalloped, open comb and SB in stainless steel and polished Titanium. I prefer the polished Titanium Timeless Scalloped .95 over the other Timeless offering .
The Wolfman WR2 SB 1.15 is a amazing razor for me and will always be part of my favorite razors . Again for My face the Timeless polished titanium scalloped.95 and the Wolfman WR2 SB 1.15 are by far my favorite modern razors with Russian Bear Adjustable Razor coming in as a close 3 rd .
Today's Shave
00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200822074523963_COVER.jpg

This may be off topic from comparing to Timeless. We have some good members on this thread that have used a large variety of razors so I will give it a shot. Has anyone shaved with a Karve razor with the C plate and if so what SB blade gap would compare on the Wolfman?

Has anyone shaved with a Karve razor with the C plate and if so what SB blade gap would compare on the Wolfman?
In terms of smoothness? WR2 1.05. The 1.05 shaves a little more efficiently though (closer to a D). Here was my take (short version: 1.05 felt like a B but was as efficient as a D):

I LOVE the Timeless .95! It is the razor I go to when I want a great, worry free shave. The Wolf 1.25 feels miles more aggressive to me.
@Mogaert could you please clarify which Timeless 0.95 plate—smooth bar, scalloped, or open comb? I am also a Timeless 0.95 fan and hope to one day try my hand with Wolfman. I prefer the OC over the smooth bar, but I haven’t had a chance yet to try scalloped.

Top Bottom