What's new

Timeless Tuesdays!

How do you, personally, define aggressiveness?

I'm not poking at you. I just want to know what comes you your mind when aggressiveness is concerned.
I guess "aggressiveness" is one of the most used terms on this board, however, it is not used unanimously.
No problem, good question- Mostly blade feel closeness of shave achieved with the single pass.

No problem, good question- Mostly blade feel closeness of shave achieved with the single pass.
I see.

The .50 Slim OC has a good dose of blade feel. Significantly more than the .95 OC, which shaves buttery smooth (there we have it :) ).

The Slim OC .50 is definitely an efficient baseplate. So the plate would check these boxes for you, no doubts about it. It might be too much if you are looking for a daily driver.

But there is a caveat though. The shaving angle of the .50 OC Slim which provides an easy and comfortable face feel is quite narrow. If you miss the angle the shave can get quite scrapy. If you manage to keep the angle, she's an excellent shaver. But I wouldn't recommend it to someone looking for some mindless shaves.

Unfortunately I can't offer any reliable first hand experience for a comparision with the bronze .78 OC, but perhaps @Butch Waxx and @Iridian can provide more details.

Last edited:
IMG_3969.jpeg

Thanks- I'm seriously considering a Timeless and it's a bit of a challenge trying to determine specs/choices. For example, my current razor (Yates 921H) has a blade gap of 1.05 mm with a solid bar. I realize that going down in blade gap (e.g. .68 mm) and introducing the open comb, may (possibly?) make a razor more aggressive than going up in blade gap with the solid bar (1.05 to 1.15 let's say). I don't want to derail the Timeless thread, so I may start a separate thread on this topic.
You should keep in mind that blade exposure means more than blade gap when looking for aggressiveness....

You should keep in mind that blade exposure means more than blade gap when looking for aggressiveness....
Yes! The Timeless aluminum has a .45 gap, but it is one of the most efficient razors I own. One pass plus touch up for yesterday's shave with the Timeless Al and skin still feeling smooth this morning.

decided to keep this Ti .68 OC around :) was planning on moving on but I just love it to much and so comfy and great shave with the best audio feedback of all my razors :) now makes me want to more back and forth with the Wolfman but I think this is why maybe just keep both and try not to decide and enjoy both :)

do want to try to trade off my other 68 plates and get a 95 to try though

still IMHO one of the best looking razors
nacet was on its 4th and last shave !

722900CF-43FB-4C2D-9FFF-3B5A9E9CC7A1.jpeg

This has really piqued my curiosity!

Question: Having never experienced and open-comb, does the slim/mild blade gap of .5 mm, plus the geometry of the open-comb, then provide an aggressive shave?

The reason I ask is because I'm intrigued by Timeless, but note blade gaps (I think) only go up to .95. I'm pretty sure I'd want something a bit more aggressive and curious if the OC feature adds that aggressiveness?
In my experience, I’d say yes. For me, the Slim OC is much more efficient than the Slim SB. Of course, YMMV.

Happy Tuesday! 😎

20220821_191109-01-01.jpeg

Timeless Slim .5 OC.

No, I just can't shave mindless with this razor (as yet). It needs the operator to be focused.

But it's been a good shave, though. Caught a few weepers on the lower neck. Price to pay if you are in a hurry!

No doubts the Slim OC is an efficient razor. And it's a smooth one, if you manage to maintain the rather shallow shaving angle.

Enjoy your Tuesday shaves, y'all!

Last edited:
Top Bottom