What's new

Timeless Titanium

I have decided to buy Timeless Titanium and I will go for something like this:

-Cap: Smooth
-Base Plate: Scalloped
-Blade Gap: 0.68mm
-Finish: Polished
-Stand

But, I am really struggling with the decision on base plates, 0.68 or 0.95. I mostly shaved with the Muhle r89 because I wanted to be safe when i was working with the technique but lately I've also used Karve (b-plate) and Merkur Progress. I just love all of them and now that I'm starting to get a better technique I also really enjoy a bitt more aggressive like Merkur Progress. I'm also glad if anyone has experience with Timeless Scalloped/SB/OC? :)

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
I was fortunate enough to be part of a generous pass-around, and had the opportunity to try different configurations. You may want to peruse this thread, if you haven't already: Timeless .95 Pass-Around

My big question is whether you are a daily shaver or a less frequent shaver (e.g., every other day). Sometimes I have to shave every single day for work, and I find that my face really appreciates a lower blade gap; however, I'm very happy to have a higher blade gap and even more aggressive razor when I'm only shaving every other day or every 2 to 3 days.

I shave every other day and use and love my .95OC. Very smooth and quite efficient. If you're looking for a little more aggressiveness, go with the .95. It's an easy razor to learn. But, I've seen where others swear by the .68. I can't comment on how efficient it is compared to what you're used to.

I was fortunate enough to be part of a generous pass-around, and had the opportunity to try different configurations. You may want to peruse this thread, if you haven't already: Timeless .95 Pass-Around

My big question is whether you are a daily shaver or a less frequent shaver (e.g., every other day). Sometimes I have to shave every single day for work, and I find that my face really appreciates a lower blade gap; however, I'm very happy to have a higher blade gap and even more aggressive razor when I'm only shaving every other day or every 2 to 3 days.
Yes, I have already read this informative and very good thread but still I am uncertain about my choice. I shave every other day and it might be interesting with a higher blade gap, more challenge. If I'm going for shave every day, I'll probably go for Karve (b-plate)

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member

I use the .68 Ti OC as a Daily shaver and use the .95 Ti OC/SB when I skip a day

+1 to this guidance. :)

Yes, I have already read this informative and very good thread but still I am uncertain about my choice. I shave every other day and it might be interesting with a higher blade gap, more challenge. If I'm going for shave every day, I'll probably go for Karve (b-plate)
Indeed that is a really informative thread. If you haven't done so already, I suggest contacting Timeless directly with any questions about which blade gap to choose. I understand they are very rsponsive/helpful with these types of questions.

I have the SS .68Sc and the Ti .95SB. Both with smooth caps. Ever since I got the Ti .95, I don’t think I’ve reached for the .68 once. By the way, I only bought the Ti head, and use it with a TiBam NewYork handle. Great combo! Wonderful balance and a super smooth shave.

I recently got one of these … Ti .95 OC. I shave every 3 days or so and had been using a 37c slant. The Timeless is less aggressive feeling but you can still tell there's a blade there... more comfortable than the 37c by a long shot and also a far better shave. I'm considering another base plate for when I shave daily (typically when I am on the road). leaning toward a .68 scallop for daily use. its a pretty stinking good razor

Whichever configuration you wind up with, solid choice. I am failing to recall more than two instances of seeing a Ti Timeless up for sale on BST of any of the three shaving forums I frequent ever since Timeless made Ti available. I think that says it all. If I ever care about DE razors again, it will be a Ti in all likelihood, and Timeless will be right up there as a choice for sure.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Harald, you should like it. I went with Ti.68 scalloped/smooth cap and just stopped using all other razors ...

A year later, out of boredom or a birthday, got the Ti.95 OC. Much more aggressive/no pressure or weepers baseplate! Yet love them both and they simply trade off weeks.

Most recently - since these things are $,$$$ - got the scalloped cap. It does have a slightly different feel, aesthetics have a lot of lines going on now!

Finally have two complete Ti razors. And two custom Russian Ti handles.

AA

Thanks! I think I will have to go for both base plates when I read all the good response you give both of them. Now that I have decided to buy a top quality razor it also tempts with OC in the same purchase, but haven't quite decided. Subtotal $595.00 duty and taxes should also apply. It may seem expensive but this is something that I will enjoy for years to come

Great point!! As a daily shaver, my preference would be the smaller gap, YMMV for sure. :clap:

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Thanks! I think I will have to go for both base plates when I read all the good response you give both of them. Now that I have decided to buy a top quality razor it also tempts with OC in the same purchase, but haven't quite decided. Subtotal $595.00 duty and taxes should also apply. It may seem expensive but this is something that I will enjoy for years to come

They are expensive here, too.

Wife and I enjoyed a trip to Norway a few years back ... I wont firget Balestrand!

AA

They are expensive here, too.

Wife and I enjoyed a trip to Norway a few years back ... I wont firget Balestrand!
Good to know that you enjoyed your trip to norway.
Unfortunately in Scandinavia there is a small selection of shaving products made locally. I live near Oslo and I usually shop in this store: Barbershop.no - Barberhøvel - Barberkost - Barberkrem - Skjeggolje - https://www.barbershop.no/ and most of the good products are imported. If I want to try out soaps, creams, blades, razors and other exciting products which they don't sell in Norway, I have to shop online and it can be expensive considering, shipping, duty and taxes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom