What's new

Timeless Titanium, Stainless, Bronze, or Aluminum

IMG_20190912_052813610.jpg
here's the 6S I did. I used what I had ,Auto buffing compound to finish it up

Yeah I believe the geometry of the head design is like the Bronze so would you say the Aluminum version even though .45 is more aggressive shave than the Ti or SS .95 version ?
The head is the same exact geometry as the Bronze and from everything I've read to date the Aluminum is in between the .68 and .95 versions. The Bronze SB has been described as very close to the .68 and the Bronze OC is slightly past the .95 with the OC having quite a bit more blade feel that the Ti or SS models.
I was looking to get a "scratch n dent/ returned" Titanium .95 SB from timeless- $175, only. I querried matt on whether they could polish one up for me. He replied in the negative since they were all bead blasted already.
The new polished Ti model is made from a different grade of Titanium that is much easier to polish and from reports it is also lighter as well. That would be why Matt wouldn't polish one up for you as the original Ti's were just too time consuming to polish and would be much more expensive than what's being offered now.
I find the Aluminum to be in between the .68 Titanium Smooth and the .95OC in both the aggressiveness and smoothness.
This falls in line with everthing I've read to date...

The new polished Ti model is made from a different grade of Titanium that is much easier to polish and from reports it is also lighter as well. That would be why Matt wouldn't polish one up for you as the original Ti's were just too time consuming to polish and would be much more expensive than what's being offered now.
Thx. I remember reading about this now. It was in conjunction with Timeless going to even tighter tolerances with their "polished titanium" version- so much so that a few razor brands would snap into place when the handle was tightened onto the head. Disconcerned early adopters had their fears allayed when Matt told them this was normal for the blade they were using and what was causing it.

On another note, if you guys keep posting pics of your sterling polished razors, I'll have to resort to wearing shades from now on while perusing these threads. LOL.

And personally, I used this method on my Dart, with a dremel. It is like plastic, but incredibly it works just as demonstrated. I used cheap chinese knock-off discs and upkeep it with Maas polish. I love Maas. I use it on our SS kitchen sink.

I crave a shave now. Have a beautiful day!

Thx. I remember reading about this now. It was in conjunction with Timeless going to even tighter tolerances with their "polished titanium" version- so much so that a few razor brands would snap into place when the handle was tightened onto the head. Disconcerned early adopters had their fears allayed when Matt told them this was normal for the blade they were using and what was causing it.

On another note, if you guys keep posting pics of your sterling polished razors, I'll have to resort to wearing shades from now on while perusing these threads. LOL.

And personally, I used this method on my Dart, with a dremel. It is like plastic, but incredibly it works just as demonstrated. I used cheap chinese knock-off discs and upkeep it with Maas polish. I love Maas. I use it on our SS kitchen sink.

Those look like good little tools.

Hey Fellow Wet Shavers so I received my Timeless Aluminum and wanted to post an update to the shaves it provided.

Here is the breakdown.

First shave on 4 days growth. Went with a new feather blade and good old Tabac for the soap. I went with a face lather as I am able to whip up great lather with my Omega Pro 48.

For a side note I was receiving some pretty rough irritated shaves with my past few shaves in my trouble areas which is the lower left side of my neck.

First pass WTG it took me a couple of passes to get the angle and razor where it was efficient as I have never shaved with an Aluminum razor before and it’s the lightest razor in my den. It is true do not feel the need to apply pressure and as the old saying goes let the weight of the razor and the sharpness of the blade do it’s works even if it’s light razor.

First pass WTG went very smooth but left a bit more hair under my chin and on my neck when compared to the more aggressive razors and that is expected as this is not the most aggressive razor compared to others in my Den or thatTimeless also has to offer.

Second pass XTG is where my irritation starts if I am to receive any during the shave and that entirely is most like user error on my part and my grain map. The more I realize my XTG is really more of a ATG pass and I would be wise to change my passes meeting and conforming to my facial hair. It’s something I’m always trying to work on. None the less the Timeless was very smooth in this regard and didn’t provide me as much irritation as I received from my previous two shaves. Result still some hair left behind in my tough neck areas where I have greater density but almost all of it removed from my face which has good growth but not as thick as the chin and neck.

The Final pass ATG very smooth and efficient on the face areas once again. The neck area as always was a bit tougher but it provided for a very comfortable shave.

A few touch ups and I was about 95% BBS and was happy with that and felt I couldn’t get it any closer under my chin or on my lower neck without having to run the razor over my trouble areas multiple times and that will simply defeat the purpose and irritate my skin.

The great thing about the shave was the post shave. Although I had slight irritation which I believe was entirely due from my previous shaves the Timeless Aluminum was a gem in providing my face a soft feeling after the shave. I especially noticed how much better my trouble areas felt after an hour compared to me previous shaves.

Overall very happy and satisfied with the first shave.

The Second shave I wanted to keep most of my other variables constant and try a fresh Voskhod blade which has given me some great shaves.

Same 4 days growth and Tabac and my Omega Brush.

Three pass shave as always with a little touch up under the chin and on the neck.

Like the first shave it provided a very close and efficient shave on my face and about 95% smoothness on my neck. Results were very similar to my first shave and the best feeling I get from this razor is the post shave. I have heard with the Titanium it has a softer face feel and I can say the same for the Aluminum.

I am a shaver that loves to achieve that BBS shave but with my course hair and thickness I know I would have to pass the razor multiple times over my face and although not an issue on my face it would be an issue under my chin and my neck.

I contacted Matt at Timeless and let me just say first class all the way with their customer service. He was asking me questions about my facial hair type and growth and really wanted to provide the best advise that he could and as expected he was recommending the .95 OC in either Ti or SS. He recommended both being efficient shavers for a shaver who shaves every 3-4 days with tougher coarse hair but he personally favors the Ti over the SS.

My purchase of this razor was to get a feel for a company I had my eye on and also get a razor that I knew would be top notch in quality and it’s shave. The Timeless Aluminum doesn’t disappoint in either aspect. For a $75.00 entry razor into their family of razors you simply can’t go wrong.

I definitely will be going for the .95 OC in either Ti or SS down the road but my Aluminum will have a place in my Den as a shaver I can use when I need a quick efficient shave that will provide me a great post shave feel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Fellow Wet Shavers so I received my Timeless Aluminum and wanted to post an update to the shaves it provided.

Here is the breakdown.

First shave on 4 days growth. Went with a new feather blade and good old Tabac for the soap. I went with a face lather as I am able to whip up great lather with my Omega Pro 48.

For a side note I was receiving some pretty rough irritated shaves with my past few shaves in my trouble areas which is the lower left side of my neck.

First pass WTG it took me a couple of passes to get the angle and razor where it was efficient as I have never shaved with an Aluminum razor before and it’s the lightest razor in my den. It is true do not feel the need to apply pressure and as the old saying goes let the weight of the razor and the sharpness of the blade do it’s works even if it’s light razor.

First pass WTG went very smooth but left a bit more hair under my chin and on my neck when compared to the more aggressive razors and that is expected as this is not the most aggressive razor compared to others in my Den or thatTimeless also has to offer.

Second pass XTG is where my irritation starts if I am to receive any during the shave and that entirely is most like user error on my part and my grain map. The more I realize my XTG is really more of a ATG pass and I would be wise to change my passes meeting and conforming to my facial hair. It’s something I’m always trying to work on. None the less the Timeless was very smooth in this regard and didn’t provide me as much irritation as I received from my previous two shaves. Result still some hair left behind in my tough neck areas where I have greater density but almost all of it removed from my face which has good growth but not as thick as the chin and neck.

The Final pass ATG very smooth and efficient on the face areas once again. The neck area as always was a bit tougher but it provided for a very comfortable shave.

A few touch ups and I was about 95% BBS and was happy with that and felt I couldn’t get it any closer under my chin or on my lower neck without having to run the razor over my trouble areas multiple times and that will simply defeat the purpose and irritate my skin.

The great thing about the shave was the post shave. Although I had slight irritation which I believe was entirely due from my previous shaves the Timeless Aluminum was a gem in providing my face a soft feeling after the shave. I especially noticed how much better my trouble areas felt after an hour compared to me previous shaves.

Overall very happy and satisfied with the first shave.

The Second shave I wanted to keep most of my other variables constant and try a fresh Voskhod blade which has given me some great shaves.

Same 4 days growth and Tabac and my Omega Brush.

Three pass shave as always with a little touch up under the chin and on the neck.

Like the first shave it provided a very close and efficient shave on my face and about 95% smoothness on my neck. Results were very similar to my first shave and the best feeling I get from this razor is the post shave. I have heard with the Titanium it has a softer face feel and I can say the same for the Aluminum.

I am a shaver that loves to achieve that BBS shave but with my course hair and thickness I know I would have to pass the razor multiple times over my face and although not an issue on my face it would be an issue under my chin and my neck.

I contacted Matt at Timeless and let me just say first class all the way with their customer service. He was asking me questions about my facial hair type and growth and really wanted to provide the best advise that he could and as expected he was recommending the .95 OC in either Ti or SS. He recommended both being efficient shavers for a shaver who shaves every 3-4 days with tougher coarse hair but he personally favors the Ti over the SS.

My purchase of this razor was to get a feel for a company I had my eye on and also get a razor that I knew would be top notch in quality and it’s shave. The Timeless Aluminum doesn’t disappoint in either aspect. For a $75.00 entry razor into their family of razors you simply can’t go wrong.

I definitely will be going for the .95 OC in either Ti or SS down the road but my Aluminum will have a place in my Den as a shaver I can use when I need a quick efficient shave that will provide me a great post shave feel.

You should definitely go with the Ti instead of SS, it will let you easier go in the problem areas but I would try closed comb Tech for touch ups on your problematic areas

Titanium all the way. .95 OC or the dual comb smooth/open in .95.

The Aluminum is my second favorite. Bronze .38 is nice but too heavy for my liking. Still use it, but not much.
30 day return, doubt if you use it.

I bought a Timeless dual comb, open/standard. It's a fantastic idea.
I found I prefer the OC side and bought the all OC plate to go with the dual comb. On 1 day growth the smooth plate is SMOOTH! I generally shave every couple days. If I need a daily I reach for the smooth.

Super choice my friend. Enjoy!

I have the ss and the Ti .95 with a scalloped base. I tried the .68 oc in titanium but it was returned as it is not quite aggressive enough for me. Anyway I wanted to say that the Titanium is my favorite razor. The ss is wonderful but the lightness of the Ti just make it so sweet to shave with. I do not see any difference in the shave all things being equal.
If I could do it again I would only buy the Titanium with the scalloped base and the oc .95

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

An update on the Timeless Aluminum.

After having tough shaves with a few other razors in my den. I did a shave off between my old reliable Muhle R41 and went back to my Timeless Aluminum. This time with a SS Razo Rock Radio handle in hopes it would provide more of an aggressive shave with the added weight.

Had a 3-4 day growth as is common for me between shaves. Went with a fresh Pol Silver blade in each razor and Tabac with a face lather.

Foremost let me tell you by adding that SS handle on the aluminum head made a world of difference for my shave and I got a very close comfortable shave almost BBS. The shave was almost as close as I get with my R41. The Timeless no doubt provided a more comfortable shave between the two with its stellar reputation for having a softer face feel.

Both the R41 and Timeless Aluminum have a great shave with the Aluminum adding that cushion of comfort. From my first shaves with the feather I decided to use just a slightly less aggressive blade but still very sharp in a Pol Silver that has added smoothness.

Today I went with the same setup with the Aluminum on the SS Razo Rock Radio handle and what a magnificent shave. Three passes with a BBS result.

This just confirms what I have always been hearing about shaving with the Timeless and see myself adding multiple Timeless razors to my Den.

Recently was fortunate to get a SS Timeless .95SB from a fellow B&B member in absolute stunning condition. What a beauty it is. Was a great deal for the value and I can’t wait to try it out here in a few days.

I can see myself like many others adding more and more Timeless pieces and starting to sell off the razors that are collecting dust. Still my ultimate configuration would be the polished Ti .95OC or Dual comb (Open and Solid), but I can see myself like many others who rotate between the SS, Ti, Brass, and Aluminum.

Timeless is starting to take over the top spots in my Den!

To all our fellow B&B members. Here’s to a lifetime of great shaves ahead! [emoji1303]

So went out and finally got the Timeless SS .95 OC with Scalloped head with the 85mm Barberpole handle. Bought it from the scratch and dent and as almost all say including Timeless on their website you won’t notice the difference. I really can’t find any flaw with it. I believe the slights scratch/dent in the OC baseplate on the very bottom of the plate but that has no affect on the shave itself.

I decided to go with the Stainless Steel over the Titanium as I like a bit of weight to my razors. Although the Titanium is calling my name and know I’ll be adding to my Timeless Aluminum and Stainless soon with the Titanium.

I got in a few shaves and the hype is real. It’s has quickly moved to the very top spot in my den. The smoothness of the baseplate and scalloped top cap is unparalleled. I used a fresh Pol Silver for my first few shaves followed by a Gillette Nacet. Both three pass shaves with touch up. Got amazing BBS shaves and the the biggest thing I took away was how effortless it was in achieving that BBS. The soft face feel of the OC is something that no other OC I have tried could achieve. Many of our members who have tried both have said the Titanium has an even better face feel which is hard to believe as the Stainless does the job so well. (The Titanium Awaits Me!)

I read many users who have had a Timeless who have had the same amazing shaves but move on from it because they feel it’s almost too good to be true. That feeling of being effortless in a shave. To me there’s something to be said about engineering and achieving such a desired result to be able to provide a comfortable smooth shave. At the end of the day I believe we all as wet shavers one of the main goals is to obtain a close comfortable shave and the Timeless is simply that.

I don’t see myself ever giving this razor away. This is a razor I will pass down to my son.

Now the only thing to decide on is which razors to let go of. When you by a Timeless it’s den clearing time.

To my fellow B&B members......Cheers to amazing shaves ahead! [emoji482]

great post @DGDV

I have the SS 0.95 SB Timeless and love it, very efficient and smooth.. This rotates quite evenly with my GC JAWS and I am hoping to add a Wolfman WR2 1.15 SB one day to complete the holy trinity

Thanks for sharing your experience @DGDV. I’ve recently acquired a Timeless razor also (matte SS .95 SC) and agree there is a unique “soft” feel to these razors - hard to describe but that’s the word I used also. For frequent shaving it’s a go-to razor for me. Only regret is I wish I got polished but that’s a cosmetic point, the shaves are great. Best of luck!

Do you think the Dremel tool could be used for sanding as well as polishing?

Top Bottom