What's new

Timeless Titanium - handle, cap and base plate

Hi Everyone,

I really want to get a timeless titanium. Generally, I shave with a Rockwell 6S plate 4 and Nacet or Platium blades.

I’ve had Karve SS, Wolfman, etc and I really only shave with my 6S, 23C and Fatboy.

I would guess I’m looking at the .68 blade gap. Any opinions on which handle is better (crown or standard) and how the different baseplates shave? Finally polished or matte?

Really could use some guidance on this one, don’t want to spend 1000 dollars to get all plate/head combinations given I know what kind of works.

Many thanks in advance!

I think you are on point with the .68 gap. I have a SS.68 (SB) as well as a Ti.95 (also SB). The .68 is super smooth and a real pleasure to use. I do like the Ti.95 a lot as well...the light weight of the titanium is fun for me. Any time I miss a day shaving, the .95 gets the call. It is also in my regular rotation. It sounds to me like the Ti.68 will work well for you on a daily basis.

I think you are on point with the .68 gap. I have a SS.68 (SB) as well as a Ti.95 (also SB). The .68 is super smooth and a real pleasure to use. I do like the Ti.95 a lot as well...the light weight of the titanium is fun for me. Any time I miss a day shaving, the .95 gets the call. It is also in my regular rotation. It sounds to me like the Ti.68 will work well for you on a daily basis.
Thank you, I was leaning that way .68SB. Which handle do you have the original or the crown and did you go polished or matte?

SS right? I have had so many SS razors (I still have 4 different Rockwell 6S) that I really wanted titanium. I once had a Fine Slant (aluminum) loved the lack of weight to it and that is what is telling me to get a titanium.

I was going to go for another wolfman but I just would rather get something that I don’t have to wait 5 months for.

SS right? I have had so many SS razors (I still have 4 different Rockwell 6S) that I really wanted titanium. I once had a Fine Slant (aluminum) loved the lack of weight to it and that is what is telling me to get a titanium.

I was going to go for another wolfman but I just would rather get something that I don’t have to wait 5 months for.
SS Tatara. Yes.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I'm partial to the Ti Slim SB with Ti Crown TRH8 handle. :)

20210525_122405~2.jpg

Slim is slightly less of a gap but I didn’t look at the geometry. Have you tried the .68 and the slim? The TR8, what drew you to that over the original TR6?

I unfortunately am not good with their stuff, I just know that it seems like the .95 is more than my sensitive skin can handle.

Thanks!

I really like the polished crown handle. I don’t think it is made in SS which makes the Ti unique. The contrast of the grip and the polish is really nice to view in person. The grip is great. The standard handle is assume you mean the spiral. Fat and short for my taste. Not enough of a waist. Length may control your choice. I also really like the Carbon Shaving R2 in Ti. The Timeless stand also looks nice in polish and fits the handle really well. Timeless can often be found on BST if you are patient and/or ask. .95 is too aggressive for me as a daily driver; but still fun to have around with more than a day growth.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Slim is slightly less of a gap but I didn’t look at the geometry. Have you tried the .68 and the slim? The TR8, what drew you to that over the original TR6?

I unfortunately am not good with their stuff, I just know that it seems like the .95 is more than my sensitive skin can handle.

Thanks!
My (recently modified) razor evaluation equation:

Efficient + Smooth + Nimble&Maneuverable = Effective

Even though the gap on the Slim is listed at .5, Timeless states the following: "This AGRESSIVE 0.5mm blade gap makes for a quick smooth shave. Just don't press. This is an aggressive razor but with the right touch it provides a smooth efficient shave."

Aggressive is often used in place of efficient. To me, they are not the same. An efficient razor cuts your whiskers. An aggressive razor is unpredictable and will cut your face.

So what does all of this mean?

On my face, skin, whiskers:

The Ti .68 is medium- efficient, is exceptionally smooth and is medium- nimble&maneuverable. Overall, a medium effective razor.

The Ti Slim is high- efficient, smooth and high- nimble&maneuverable. Overall, a high- effective razor.

Both are excellent razors. :)

Hope this helps. :)

Last edited:
My (recently modified) razor evaluation equation:

Efficient + Smooth + Nimble&Maneuverable = Effective

Even though the gap on the Slim is listed at .5, Timeless states the following: "This AGRESSIVE 0.5mm blade gap makes for a quick smooth shave. Just don't press. This is an aggressive razor but with the right touch it provides a smooth efficient shave."

Aggressive is often used in place of efficient. To me, they are not the same. An efficient razor cuts your whiskers. An aggressive razor is unpredictable and will cut your face.

So what does all of this mean?

On my face, skin, whiskers:

The Ti .68 is medium- efficient, is exceptionally smooth and is medium- nimble&maneuverable. Overall, a medium effective razor.

The Ti Slim is high- efficient, smooth and high- nimble&maneuverable. Overall, a high- effective razor.

Both are excellent razors. :)

Hope this helps. :)
Thank you, it sounds like I should order both!

I really like the polished crown handle. I don’t think it is made in SS which makes the Ti unique. The contrast of the grip and the polish is really nice to view in person. The grip is great. The standard handle is assume you mean the spiral. Fat and short for my taste. Not enough of a waist. Length may control your choice. I also really like the Carbon Shaving R2 in Ti. The Timeless stand also looks nice in polish and fits the handle really well. Timeless can often be found on BST if you are patient and/or ask. .95 is too aggressive for me as a daily driver; but still fun to have around with more than a day growth.
Thank you, that is very helpful. The spiral I know looks “portly” compared to the crown. I really liked the Karve handle a lot, but instead of the 3.5” I should have got the 4”.

I can be patient, but really I don’t mind spending the money on a razor to get what I find is the right match for me.

Right now I’m headed for the crown, polished, with slim and .68 SB. Last question sounds like scalloped or smooth top cap.

I don’t think the slim comes in scallopped baseplate. The .68 scalloped baseplate and scalloped head match the grooves and look cool. Scalloped might be slightly more work to keep up. Smooth is classic and traditional. Scalloped more unique look. I have both but have not shaved with the scalloped yet.

Crown is not 4 inches - but very well made. Good luck.

I placed an order for the polished crown handle and the .68 gap to start. If I need to I’ll buy the .95 and .50 slim.

Also buying a Tatara… but looking for a US seller where I can get both top caps. Any suggestions?

Thank you!

The only razor I regret selling is the Ti 0.95 dual comb timeless matte finish with the original timeless handle
Genuinely the best razor I have used
YMMV

Top Bottom