What's new

WTB Timeless Titanium Crown Handle

Exactly, I may end up doing that. I was just hoping someone had one they weren't using and I could get it at used prices, rather than new. Thank you.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I have several Timeless Ti Crown handles and their razor stands. They are so good, I don't have any spares... they are all attached to various razor heads.

Spacemonkey, You can buy a "scratch and dent" Ti Crown handle in the matte finish from Timeless direct for $40. I bought one with the stand and you can't tell the difference from new... at least, that has been my experience. If you want to match a particular razor that is lighter, you can request a finish that is lighter in color. I've done that several times and they were happy to do that. In addition, I polished the matte finish Ti Crowns with Simichrome and lightened them a bit more. The matching razor stand is also $40.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Lighter but not polished - how would you request lighter? This is an eye opener for me.

Guido
Guido,

Some of the Timeless matte handles come out darker than others. I know it sounds odd but I have several of them... both in polished and matte. One of the matte handles was quite dark. I lighted it up by polishing it multiple times with Simichrome. That process was approved by Timeless customer service. When I ordered subsequent handles, I emailed them and asked if they could choose a handle and stand that came out lighter... They happily did that for me.

Guido,

Some of the Timeless matte handles come out darker than others. I know it sounds odd but I have several of them... both in polished and matte. One of the matte handles was quite dark. I lighted it up by polishing it multiple times with Simichrome. That process was approved by Timeless customer service. When I ordered subsequent handles, I emailed them and asked if they could choose a handle and stand that came out lighter... They happily did that for me.
How matte is the matte finish? I.e. I have a polished head, would it look pretty dorky with the matte handle, or are the finishes fairly close? (sorry, don't mean to hijack the thread - hopefully its on-topic)

You can compare pictures on the Maggards site. The finishes look quite different. I would say that it might look better if they are quite different than if they were just close enough to be annoying. It depends on if it is worth $20 to you.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
If I had a polished razor head, I'd spend the extra $ to get the polished Ti Crown handle, but that's me. I have some razors with a very light matte finish... so more toward a silver color than grey but still matte. The matte Ti Crown in a lighter shade goes with them very well if I have them send me a lighter colored one from their stock. The darker ones... more toward the grey color. As I said, I lighten them up with a little elbow grease and Simichrome but it takes several applications of the Simichrome.

I'm an odd creature. I don't like switching handles out between razors. I try one of my Ti Crown handles to see if I like the feel of it and if I do, I buy another Ti Crown so I can have the razor loaded and ready to use. As a result, I have 2 polishes and 3 matte finish Ti Crown handles. Every time I've ordered, only the matte handles were available in their scratch and dent offerings.

Pictures of color shade from different cameras, lenses and settings will be different. Hard to compare timeless to Maggards.

Top Bottom