What's new

Timeless Ti & Stainless Thin Razor.... Saaaweeeet!!!

A good shave and first for 2021. The Slim .50 shaves well or should I say, very well. No, nowhere close to a Blackbird in feel. Even the Dart feels a bit more blade forward depending on angle over the Slim .50. But, it delivers an exceptionally good shave for me. It’s close to the Timeless .95 with just the slightest increase in blade feel. More importantly though, it gives me an awesome shave equivalent to the .95 with a little bit less work involved. That’s just how the chips fall for some. A worthy improvement for some like myself and not so good for others, unfortunately. Why? I haven’t the slightest clue. Perhaps the shave geometry, slimmer profile or even maybe technique. Not saying that a user/shaver is using it wrong just that there are those that will use a razor the same way with one as they will with their best tools. That’s just the way it is and the YMMV rule is a big part of why some razors are studs for some while being duds for others. Absolutely nothing wrong in that. It is what it is.

It just works for me.....

68C1C4AE-6E09-4891-B8F1-A67D6FE0BD35.jpeg

A good shave and first for 2021. The Slim .50 shaves well or should I say, very well. No, nowhere close to a Blackbird in feel. Even the Dart feels a bit more blade forward depending on angle over the Slim .50. But, it delivers an exceptionally good shave for me. It’s close to the Timeless .95 with just the slightest increase in blade feel. More importantly though, it gives me an awesome shave equivalent to the .95 with a little bit less work involved. That’s just how the chips fall for some. A worthy improvement for some like myself and not so good for others, unfortunately. Why? I haven’t the slightest clue. Perhaps the shave geometry, slimmer profile or even maybe technique. Not saying that a user/shaver is using it wrong just that there are those that will use a razor the same way with one as they will with their best tools. That’s just the way it is and the YMMV rule is a big part of why some razors are studs for some while being duds for others. Absolutely nothing wrong in that. It is what it is.

View attachment 1202862
Glad you like it. I'm curious what the Ti slim would shave like in my SS set, but I had such an effortless and comfortable close shave this morning with the SS .95 dual comb that it will probably remain only a curiosity for a good while.

Glad you like it. I'm curious what the Ti slim would shave like in my SS set, but I had such an effortless and comfortable close shave this morning with the SS .95 dual comb that it will probably remain only a curiosity for a good while.

That I couldn’t tell you. The Ti characteristicalily has a softer feel on the face but, with the SS light weight I don’t know if the the Ti would offer an improvement on performance, perhaps marginally on overall feel but, no solid proof or evidence of that being the case so far from what I’ve heard or read. And honestly, if you have the Ti in either version or configuration, I think it would be redundant to have the Slim .50 in the shave arsenal unless one would prefer the slimmer profile for under the nose work and questionably cut down on shave strokes or eliminate a full pass. Then again, some might find value in that. I know I did somewhat so, I found it worth it to acquire.

Happy shaves.... :shaving:

That I couldn’t tell you. The Ti characteristicalily has a softer feel on the face but, with the SS light weight I don’t know if the the Ti would offer an improvement on performance, perhaps marginally on overall feel but, no solid proof or evidence of that being the case so far from what I’ve heard or read. And honestly, if you have the Ti in either version or configuration, I think it would be redundant to have the Slim .50 in the shave arsenal unless one would prefer the slimmer profile for under the nose work and questionably cut down on shave strokes or eliminate a full pass. Then again, some might find value in that. I know I did somewhat so, I found it worth it to acquire.

Happy shaves.... :shaving:
I don't currently own anything in Ti, as I prefer a heavier razor, but someday plan on trying some mixed metal with Ti to retain the overall heft but explore the slightly different geometry and weight.

View attachment 1202862
Great razor, my Timeless will be here January 4th, it is the stainless with both base plates, the .68 and the.95. Can not wait

Well, one never knows without experimenting with blades.

I'm not going to go that route. I have all sorts of blades but I use only Polsilver SI/Wizamet SI blades (they're the same blade). Also, the razor is borrowed so I have a small window to experiment with it. If I don't get it right it's not a very large problem. Either way, the razor goes to its owner before long.

Happy shaves,

Jim
Great and only choice of blades IMHO

Can I ask for pointers on finding the perfect angle with this razor?

I'm generally a steep angle shaver as that's what I seem to do when I shave by tactile and audible feedback.

Did you ever find the best angle? I have a new Ti slim SB and I’m not finding it much different than the .68 SB or .68 OC. I can get to BBS, but it takes a while.

I find the Ti OC slim every bit as efficient as the Blackbird (stainless) only smoother. Maybe that's just me, but I went from the BB OC directly to the Slim and achieved similar results. Big fan.

Did you ever find the best angle? I have a new Ti slim SB and I’m not finding it much different than the .68 SB or .68 OC. I can get to BBS, but it takes a while.
This was exactly my experience with the Ti Slim SB. Not noticeably more efficient than the .68 SB.

Top Bottom