What's new

Timeless Ti & Stainless Thin Razor.... Saaaweeeet!!!

A great, great shave. The Timeless SS Slim .50 & .95 Standard are closer to each other in terms of shave feel and performance than I originally thought. Both though are superb whisker whackers and one can’t go wrong with either one if your looking for perhaps one of the best combinations of smoothness & efficiency in a higher end razor. For me, the Slim .50 ups the ante by an eyelash. The Dragonsbeard V2 shave soap & skin food splash are just a winning combo. Great day and shaves to all...

B1F1D2F9-E2D0-4D3C-8F7C-989263A02330.jpeg

So, to be clear, if I bought the Ti thin baseplate, it would work with my Timeless SS cap and handle? Currently, a dual comb 95 SS baseplate is my only experience with Timeless.

Still waiting for my Ti baseplate. It's wandering through USPS land. They appear fairly backed up right now.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Can I ask for pointers on finding the perfect angle with this razor?

I'm generally a steep angle shaver as that's what I seem to do when I shave by tactile and audible feedback.

12-18-20.timeless.Cal's.CH2Silvertip.Vitos.640.JPG

So far I'm not finding my (borrowed) SS Timeless Slim (head) to be as smooth as I'd think it could be. To be transparent, I've only used the Slim a couple of times. It's certainly a right efficient razor which demands a light touch and has significant blade feel.

I've been looking for a couple of days for some of this information. Happily I've stumbled into the thread. Thanks for it.

Happy shaves,

Jim

I'm generally a steep angle shaver as that's what I seem to do when I shave by tactile and audible feedback.

View attachment 1197186

So far I'm not finding my (borrowed) SS Timeless Slim (head) to be as smooth as I'd think it could be. To be transparent, I've only used the Slim a couple of times. It's certainly a right efficient razor which demands a light touch and has significant blade feel.

I've been looking for a couple of days for some of this information. Happily I've stumbled into the thread. Thanks for it.

Happy shaves,

Jim
Can't help you with the Slim yet, but that's a fine looking brush.

View attachment 1197186

Happy shaves,

Jim
With the slim plate I need to increase my angle as compared to my .95. I am closer to riding the cap maybe going from 30 to 45 degrees handle to face

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
With the slim plate I need to increase my angle as compared to my .95. I am closer to riding the cap maybe going from 30 to 45 degrees handle to face

Can't hurt me to go a bit less steep. Thanks for sharing what works for you with it. The way I've been using it it's efficient but not as smooth as I'd expect (and hope).

Happy shaves,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Could it be more of a blade issue than an angle issue?

Well, one never knows without experimenting with blades.

I'm not going to go that route. I have all sorts of blades but I use only Polsilver SI/Wizamet SI blades (they're the same blade). Also, the razor is borrowed so I have a small window to experiment with it. If I don't get it right it's not a very large problem. Either way, the razor goes to its owner before long.

Happy shaves,

Jim

I have an extra complete Slim head if anyone is interested. It is stainless steel with a scalloped top cap and open comb.

Top Bottom