What's new

Timeless Ti & Stainless Thin Razor.... Saaaweeeet!!!

I’m a bit of an oddball in this thread in that I have a difficult time getting an close enough shave from the Ti Slim SB. I haven’t given up yet though. I’m going try different angles and blades first. Right out of the box, the Ti Blackbird was very efficient, with blade feel, but never harsh. Now, for me, the Slim OC is a whole other beast. Super efficient and unpredictable. Sometimes I get a super close and comfortable shave with it. Sometimes I feel like I’ve lost a layer of skin. Your experience may certainly be very different.
What angle do you use with the Slim, Ron?

I’m a bit of an oddball in this thread in that I have a difficult time getting an close enough shave from the Ti Slim SB. I haven’t given up yet though. I’m going try different angles and blades first. Right out of the box, the Ti Blackbird was very efficient, with blade feel, but never harsh. Now, for me, the Slim OC is a whole other beast. Super efficient and unpredictable. Sometimes I get a super close and comfortable shave with it. Sometimes I feel like I’ve lost a layer of skin. Your experience may certainly be very different.
Interesting... that's helpful, thanks!

I have been leaning more towards titanium lately and curious about the Slim OC in Ti...

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Regarding Ti or SS for the Slim head:
It's already slim and light, the HANDLE weight and design are more of a factor.

I have the SLIM OC SS. I have the marvelous Ti Crown handle and the 100mm SS barber pole.

Let's put it bluntly, I love it heavier in general but fancy the awesomeness that is the Crown handle and would love it in SS, so for the Slim OC I rather put the heavy and long barber pole on it.

You don't have to press much or at all, let gravity and weight do it.

And, while a lighter note, just like Cato always ended demanding the destruction of Carthage, I usually end with every Timeless razor should razor have one of their awesome OCs and the cap scallops. 😀✌️

Timeless SS Slim matched with the Timeless Ti TRH6 - Spiral handle is a balance that is extraordinarily good. Almost near perfect weight balance with just a smidge of weight bias towards the head. Transitions in the hand beautifully and effortlessly for supreme command and control over ones shave. Yes, the Slim .5 has its supporters and equally as much its detractors. Perfectly efficient and comfortable for some while either too aggressive or not aggressive enough for others. I’ve yet to see a razor that has such a gap disparity of effect & function (perhaps the Dart from Blackland might surpass it as a true razor enigma) across such a wide range of users. Truly one of the truest definitions of YMMV - your mileage may vary in a razor in existence today. Fortunately for me, it works to perfection with results that are second to none Only surpassed by its Ti stablemate.

Great shaves to all….

26ABE74E-F4C5-4288-A5A5-353DE8B58257.jpeg

Great combo in a razor that works to perfection for me as well.

Looking to add a little more weight to my Ti Slim, by adding an SS top cap and SS pineapple handle to the Ti baseplate, but this solution might work as well.

Good food for thought, and I always enjoy your write ups Gus.

Take care,

Culluy

Great combo in a razor that works to perfection for me as well.

Looking to add a little more weight to my Ti Slim, by adding an SS top cap and SS pineapple handle to the Ti baseplate, but this solution might work as well.

Good food for thought, and I always enjoy your write ups Gus.

Take care,

Culluy

Thank you and good shaves to you amigo. :straight:

It delivers consistently good shaves. Well, at least in my hands & experience. I find the Slim .5 SS intuitive and very easy to use with most blades that I’ve used with it. The cutting window is not as wide or liberal as compared to others or even the Timeless .95 from their own stable. But, it’s quick to find and sustain it within that area to produce top notch quality BBS shaves time in and time out. An extremely well crafted piece from Timeless that removes whiskers effortlessly with some of the best mid-aggressive razors in the business.

Great shaves to all….

10BB5B4B-D385-46BA-930F-08959C3F0258.jpeg

Timeless SS Slim matched with the Timeless Ti TRH6 - Spiral handle is a balance that is extraordinarily good. Almost near perfect weight balance with just a smidge of weight bias towards the head. Transitions in the hand beautifully and effortlessly for supreme command and control over ones shave. Yes, the Slim .5 has its supporters and equally as much its detractors. Perfectly efficient and comfortable for some while either too aggressive or not aggressive enough for others. I’ve yet to see a razor that has such a gap disparity of effect & function (perhaps the Dart from Blackland might surpass it as a true razor enigma) across such a wide range of users. Truly one of the truest definitions of YMMV - your mileage may vary in a razor in existence today. Fortunately for me, it works to perfection with results that are second to none Only surpassed by its Ti stablemate.

Great shaves to all….

View attachment 1536346
The Slim is a polarizing razor. I find it a super smooth shaver but only efficient with the OC baseplate. The SB leaves some stubble behind even with lots of “over shaving” in those areas. The OC remains smooth and actually gets the spots clean that the SB won’t get. It’s becoming a good addition to my stable.

The Slim is a polarizing razor. I find it a super smooth shaver but only efficient with the OC baseplate. The SB leaves some stubble behind even with lots of “over shaving” in those areas. The OC remains smooth and actually gets the spots clean that the SB won’t get. It’s becoming a good addition to my stable.

I can't speak to the shaving characteristics of the Slim OC as I've never experienced using one. But, each individual is the great equalizer when it comes to shaving with parameters that are vastly individualized for each shaver. Experience, technique, skin tolerance, hair growth thickness and growth patterns. The list is quite vast and shave nuances are extremely numerous from shaver to shaver. What works for some may not work for others and that is usually the norm. The only things we as wet shavers have in common are two; we all shave whether by need or desire and we all agree that we love sharp and smooth steel. The holder is irrelevant as there are plenty to feed one's need and tastes. I'm glad that the Timeless Slim OC gives you your desired results as that is what truly matters in the end.

But, I am intrigued about the Slim in an open comb configuration and perhaps will consider acquiring one in SS for the new year ahead. So far though, the SB variant has been flawless for me in form & function. 2023 is going to be another good shave year, if the Almighty wills it.

Great shaves to you....:shaving:

I pulled the trigger on a Ti Slim SB on sale at BST. I'm not very experienced and although the handle is not the major player in the actual shave, I know the Crown handle will give me an awesome shave. Even if I bleed out after the shave, it will still feel incredible with that handle 🤣

I'll let you guys know how it goes when I receive it. Even if it's not my cup of tea, I can easily buy a .68 or .95 and keep trying to find what suits me best.

I pulled the trigger on a Ti Slim SB on sale at BST. I'm not very experienced and although the handle is not the major player in the actual shave, I know the Crown handle will give me an awesome shave. Even if I bleed out after the shave, it will still feel incredible with that handle 🤣

I'll let you guys know how it goes when I receive it. Even if it's not my cup of tea, I can easily buy a .68 or .95 and keep trying to find what suits me best.

Congrats and welcome to the Timeless Zone. Look forward to your postings on your upcoming experiences with the Slim Ti and any other Timeless configuration that you get to work for you.

Many great shaves to you.... :thumbup1:

This arrived yesterday...

Screenshot_20230104_101825_Outlook.jpg

Timeless Ti Slim polished... I think I'm in love! First shave, 2-day stubble, new Feather blade... super smooth and efficient. I felt it super comfortable. I'm a bit surprised, because I was expecting a super aggressive and hard to tame beast, but it is intuitive and friendly with my face. My newbie skills showed through with a few nicks in the neck and chin but overall a phenomenal shave. I'm elated with my purchase. I know I'll have many great shaves with this razor.

Shoutout to @Dtownvino, who gave me tones and information and sent this beauty to the Great White North.

Top Bottom