What's new

Timeless Ti Slim .5mm

Iridian

Cool and slimy
For me the preferred angle is somewhere in between "neutral" and "shallow".
Yeah, the razor doesn't give a hint visually or by geometry where its sweet spot is. Your description is as good as it can get, I tend not to lock the angle much when shaving with the Slim and would have trouble to describe it in detail. Its forte is the scraping type of shave, placing the razor just under the nose and pulling down, or other spots where something was left. I might have to try the .95 OC baseplate as well one day, but this time I will also buy another cap. I stole it already for the Slim from the .95 SCL plate.

With Titanium I doubt that characteristics will change much. Some people love Titanium for the weight, for the Slim that means likely pressing a bit more. I use the Crown handle for the .95 OC Lupo, it required some more pressure than the also rather lightweight 88mm stainless steel spiral handle from Yaqi did. For the Slim I would rather add some weight than reducing it. I really like the 100mm stainless steel barber pole handle for the Slim. More so than the 85mm barber pole. I like the Crown more than the 85mm barber pole, it's a bit longer. And I really would love it in 100mm and SS, but well... let's see. Maybe Timeless will cover the tabs for the next generation, too. And add a fitting recess for a 5mm washer. Razorock and DSCosmetics can do, and they would not have to polish that part either, after all.

The Alpha Bandit will have a tough time to compete with Lupo and Slim. It will come with a fancy handle, let's see how it will handle... haha. :)
I hope the price will be around Outlaw level, given that Steve/Alpha have quite significantly raised the price for some brass and copper editions. I wasn't too thrilled about that.

There's a good dose of blade feel (as others have stated you shouldn't mind blade feel if you opt for this plate), which mellows out significantly if you maintain the proper angle. For me the preferred angle is somewhere in between "neutral" and "shallow".

Though it is a very efficient and rather blade forward razor I rarely nick myself. For this reason I wouldn’t call the plate aggressive (but still blade forward and very efficient 😉).

Perhaps the Titanium Slim OC feels "milder" than the SS. I just don't know.

🤣

All excellent observations. The biggest advantage of the slim over the other aggressive razors is the exposure / blade gap geometry doesn't allow one to nick themselves for a quick shave.

I agree that the Slim is not a crowd pleaser, but I think Timeless has articulated this well on their product page. They have a specific use for this razor which seems to be a fast efficient shave, not a luxury multi pass shave. For me this is the the only USP for keeping it always loaded with a feather blade.

Your stunning SOTD is in itself great motivation to buy it !

For the Slim I would rather add some weight than reducing it.
Interesting thought.
I'll give it a try tomorrow. I have the 85mm Barber pole handle handy. And isn't it Tuesday tomorrow, after all?
For me this is the the only USP for keeping it always loaded with a feather blade.
👍 I'm going to pick a Feather blade for tomorrow. Haven't used one to date with the Slim OC, IIRC.

I'll do two passes, though. I always do a minimum of two passes 😉
Your stunning SOTD is in itself great motivation to buy it !
Thanks mate, appreciate your feedback! Glad you liked it. 😀

20220711_133629-01-01-01.jpeg

Thank you, Gentlemen, this has been a excellent recommendation. I had a beautiful BBS shave in two passes with the amended combo, the shave felt way smoother with the Feather and the heavier handle. Needless to say it's been a BBS shave.

Definitely an improvement.👍

Last edited:
Top Bottom