What's new

Timeless Ti on top?

Iridian

Cool and slimy
I’ll work on it and see if I can master that narrow shaving angle the Slim plate seems to favor. Thanks!
Have some fun, you will get there. Hopefully! I came from an R41 before the razor collection bug bit me, so I found nearly every razor in general very smooth and mild. 😆

For Timeless, the OC design is superb, it's safe and still adds some extra efficiency. Besides looking awesome on top of that.

You also have the Slim OC plate, I know a shaver from another forum who dearly loved this plate but finds the OC plate harsh.

This surprises me, but can't really compare with the .95 OC. I have the scalloped bar .95. It also came with the pineapple handle, which looks good but I found the other Timeless handles much more to my liking. The Crown handle is outstanding, you already read me lamenting that they only make it in titanium. I will get the spiral handle soon in form of the Bronze .78 OC set. They make it in titanium and bronze but not steel, just to drive me crazy, I tell you! 🙈

For the Slim OC, a bit thick and goopy lather works best for me. Cella works, Emperor as well, but shaving gel and/or a cushioned blade works best. I would recommend the Gillette 7 o'clock Super Platinum (the black one), the Gillette Nacet is for me the max. Feather is possible, the Slim isn't too picky, but I would rather cushion it a bit. The Feather is making ita bit too dangerous/difficult and aggressive. Had the same experience with the R41, there K used the note for me unavailable Polsilver blades for ages. When I was still a novice shaver I replaced my inefficient R89 (it was rather me than the razor, but to this day I can't get a good shave with this head) with a R41 which wowed me. Second shave I put a Feather in it and it didn't end well. 🤪

My next Timeless experience will be the .78 OC which is supposedly also quite special in the way it shaves. I like that.

Nothing wrong if you prefer the .95 OC in the end. I am just an evangelist and enthusiast of the Slim OC design. ✌️

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Have some fun, you will get there. Hopefully! I came from an R41 before the razor collection bug bit me, so I found nearly every razor in general very smooth and mild. 😆

For Timeless, the OC design is superb, it's safe and still adds some extra efficiency. Besides looking awesome on top of that.

You also have the Slim OC plate, I know a shaver from another forum who dearly loved this plate but finds the OC plate harsh.

This surprises me, but can't really compare with the .95 OC. I have the scalloped bar .95. It also came with the pineapple handle, which looks good but I found the other Timeless handles much more to my liking. The Crown handle is outstanding, you already read me lamenting that they only make it in titanium. I will get the spiral handle soon in form of the Bronze .78 OC set. They make it in titanium and bronze but not steel, just to drive me crazy, I tell you! 🙈

For the Slim OC, a bit thick and goopy lather works best for me. Cella works, Emperor as well, but shaving gel and/or a cushioned blade works best. I would recommend the Gillette 7 o'clock Super Platinum (the black one), the Gillette Nacet is for me the max. Feather is possible, the Slim isn't too picky, but I would rather cushion it a bit. The Feather is making ita bit too dangerous/difficult and aggressive. Had the same experience with the R41, there K used the note for me unavailable Polsilver blades for ages. When I was still a novice shaver I replaced my inefficient R89 (it was rather me than the razor, but to this day I can't get a good shave with this head) with a R41 which wowed me. Second shave I put a Feather in it and it didn't end well. 🤪

My next Timeless experience will be the .78 OC which is supposedly also quite special in the way it shaves. I like that.

Nothing wrong if you prefer the .95 OC in the end. I am just an evangelist and enthusiast of the Slim OC design. ✌️

Good post! I am using a Nacet in my TT TI95!

proxy.php

proxy.php

Thanks again. You’re quite right about the Crown handle. I think it’s half the reason I can’t seem to put the razor down!

The Bonze OC is quite efficient and stunningly beautiful. It’s also very heavy!

Thank you for sharing such beauty with me, you know I love stuff like this! 😍 I think its really awesome how we both have the same razors, except I don't have a Wolfman.

I do love my Rex Ambassador, but I don't believe it deserves the rank for SMOOTH shave. It does earn the rank of EFFICIENT shave yes.

My Feather AS-D2 is simply a lost cause, totally INEFFICIENT! its just a 3-piece backup razor incase my other razors were to fail on me.

I do love my Merkur Futur razor, it deserves the rank SMOOTH & EFFICIENT shave, cause thats what it provides.

But my Timeless Titanium razor, well, that deserves three ranks, GORGEOUS & EFFICIENT & SUPER SMOOTH!

I hope your TT continues to provide you with so many great shaves. And with that said, have a great shave, have a great day! :)
I know MANY don’t find the Rex to be smooth. I do and I’ve no idea why! Maybe mine is from a strange batch? (There has been some modifications to the razor over time).

At any rate, the beloved Rex is being ignored right now. Enjoy your Timeless Ti. It’s an awesome razor!

I’m also a big fan of the Slim, but SB rather than OC. I find that I can use a steeper angle (handle closer to the skin) with the Slim than I can with the Timeless 0.95. Is that your experience?

I also think the Ti Slim shaves a lot like the Blackbird Ti. Both have relatively small gaps, and shave well (for me) at steep angles. They are my two favorite razors right now.

All of the Timeless razors are superb - beautiful looking, beautifully made, smooth and efficient.

I’m also a big fan of the Slim, but SB rather than OC. I find that I can use a steeper angle (handle closer to the skin) with the Slim than I can with the Timeless 0.95. Is that your experience?

I also think the Ti Slim shaves a lot like the Blackbird Ti. Both have relatively small gaps, and shave well (for me) at steep angles. They are my two favorite razors right now.

All of the Timeless razors are superb - beautiful looking, beautifully made, smooth and efficient.
Not sure if I answered this. (My phone makes viewing the thread difficult).

I absolutely find the Slim plates require (or at least favor) a steeper shave angle than the .95 plate. That’s likely my issue with the Slim, as I prefer a neutral to mildly shallow shaving angle.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

the Timeless crown handle is the best handle I ever owned, bar none.

I 100% agree woohoo! Crown, the handle of choice! :thumbup:

Me Three! :thumbup1:

My Timeless ti 95oc may be my favorite DE razor in my den as well. It's just so smooth and efficient!

I couldn't agree more with your assessment, smoothest shaving razor ever, and efficient too!

I actually just ordered another one after reading this. I no longer enjoy shaving with the heads but the handle is like magic.

I can't tell you just how happy I am to be a member of the Timeless club, and we are in the Titanium division of said club. The crown handle is the magic holy grail you seek. And you ordered another one, cause you realize that.

:thumbup: Woohoo! We are awesome! :thumbup:

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Very much so, the optimal angle is supposedly flatter, but at this angle it is superior at a "scraping" type of shave for cleanup to most other razors. The .95 Timeless plate needs a more shallow angle to cut.

It's probably not a surprise and plenty known given my frequent statements, but my habit is to shave steep. Shallow angle razors tend to confuse me! :c1:

I 100% agree woohoo! Crown, the handle of choice! :thumbup:

Me Three! :thumbup1:

I couldn't agree more with your assessment, smoothest shaving razor ever, and efficient too!

I can't tell you just how happy I am to be a member of the Timeless club, and we are in the Titanium division of said club. The crown handle is the magic holy grail you seek. And you ordered another one, cause you realize that.

:thumbup: Woohoo! We are awesome! :thumbup:
I unfortunately have owned it 2x before, with the .95 SB and .68 SB. I could not get the shaves I was hoping for. That being said, they are great people but the razor head geometry and my 20 years of shaving habits didn’t yield great shaves. The slim might work better for me.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

I unfortunately have owned it 2x before, with the .95 SB and .68 SB. I could not get the shaves I was hoping for. That being said, they are great people but the razor head geometry and my 20 years of shaving habits didn’t yield great shaves. The slim might work better for me.

Sorry to hear that? Well, a lot of folks seem to like the slim head too, so maybe try that out? Hopefully you can find happiness with your lovely Timeless.

I’m curious how it compares with the Ti Blackbird. I know the Blackbird has more blade feel. Is it a also a big jump in efficiency?

Also interested in this question. :popc:
Having owned and used the Ti95DC for 3+yrs exclusively I also purchased a Ti Blackbird last July so I feel I can answer this question... I am an every other day shaver and use a steep angle with both razors with either a Silver Star, Shark Super Chrome, or Feather blade in either...

The Ti95DC was an extremely efficient and smooth razor that just was a pleasure to use from shave #1 and very quickly made all other razors I had expendable!! I am an every other day shaver and the Ti95DC played a big part in that as it just didn't leave near enough stubble the next day to get a decent shave. The razor, paired with a Silver Star or a Feather delivered BBS shaves every shave out in 2-2.5 passes that lasted on average of say 14hrs before stubble on my neck became noticeable to the touch with my cheeks being more in the 16hr range...

I think the shaves with the Ti95DC set me up for success with the Ti Blackbird from the beginning with the biggest difference being the blade exposure being most noticeable. That made the Ti95DC the smoothest of the 2 but the efficiency of the Ti Blackbird delivered BBS in again, 2-2.5 passes but lasted about 16hrs on my neck and 18hrs on my cheeks on average. When I shave I am looking for BBS every shave out and it wasn't until I purchased the Ti95DC that I truly experienced that and is why I spent the money on my razors in which to receive it and have absolutely no buyers remorse at all not to mention both razors are what I consider to be 2 of the best looking razors on the market today.

I will say to use caution and respect with either razor as they both will bite if you get complacent during the shave but at the same time they both are capable of being an autopilot razor if your head is in the shave. You can't go wrong with either razor as they both deliver big time!!

As some may have seen in the BST, I recently sold the Ti95DC as at heart I am a minimalist when it comes to shaving and it just never makes sense to me to hold onto something that isn't being used regularly and since getting the Ti Blackbird almost a year ago I'd only picked up the Ti95DC maybe 6-7 times and felt it would better serve someone else and be used more often... It at least deserves that!!

Having owned and used the Ti95DC for 3+yrs exclusively I also purchased a Ti Blackbird last July so I feel I can answer this question... I am an every other day shaver and use a steep angle with both razors with either a Silver Star, Shark Super Chrome, or Feather blade in either...

The Ti95DC was an extremely efficient and smooth razor that just was a pleasure to use from shave #1 and very quickly made all other razors I had expendable!! I am an every other day shaver and the Ti95DC played a big part in that as it just didn't leave near enough stubble the next day to get a decent shave. The razor, paired with a Silver Star or a Feather delivered BBS shaves every shave out in 2-2.5 passes that lasted on average of say 14hrs before stubble on my neck became noticeable to the touch with my cheeks being more in the 16hr range...

I think the shaves with the Ti95DC set me up for success with the Ti Blackbird from the beginning with the biggest difference being the blade exposure being most noticeable. That made the Ti95DC the smoothest of the 2 but the efficiency of the Ti Blackbird delivered BBS in again, 2-2.5 passes but lasted about 16hrs on my neck and 18hrs on my cheeks on average. When I shave I am looking for BBS every shave out and it wasn't until I purchased the Ti95DC that I truly experienced that and is why I spent the money on my razors in which to receive it and have absolutely no buyers remorse at all not to mention both razors are what I consider to be 2 of the best looking razors on the market today.

I will say to use caution and respect with either razor as they both will bite if you get complacent during the shave but at the same time they both are capable of being an autopilot razor if your head is in the shave. You can't go wrong with either razor as they both deliver big time!!

As some may have seen in the BST, I recently sold the Ti95DC as at heart I am a minimalist when it comes to shaving and it just never makes sense to me to hold onto something that isn't being used regularly and since getting the Ti Blackbird almost a year ago I'd only picked up the Ti95DC maybe 6-7 times and felt it would better serve someone else and be used more often... It at least deserves that!!
Thanks for that reply. The Blackbird Ti is on my list to try. 😎

Thank you so much for sharing! I think I might get the Ti Blackbird for my birthday in the fall or for Christmas (depending on availability). I’m glad you found your holy grail razor. Thanks again!

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Thank you so much for sharing! I think I might get the Ti Blackbird for my birthday in the fall or for Christmas (depending on availability). I’m glad you found your holy grail razor. Thanks again!

Don't you dare cheat on the Timeless HabanaRon, you are now a member of the Timeless elite, no other razor can compare! 😁 I'm just joking, buy whatever you want. But still, try to enjoy your Timeless dude. Love having you around, let the Beatles have the BlackBird razor. 😝

Since I bought my Rex Ambassador in November 2020 and received my Wolfman WR2 1.25 in January 2021, they have been my #1 and #2 razors respectively. The Rex has been old faithful, super efficient and super consistent. The Wolf has been an irresistible beauty that always catches your eye and some days you just calls your name. I have several other razors in my rotation, but none came close to these two.

Several months ago I was extremely fortunate to win a Timeless Ti .95 OC with a Crown handle. (It also came with the Ti Slim SB plate and the SS Slim OC plate, but I digress). Obviously, I was thrilled. I had been toying with buying a titanium razor to see what all the hubbub was about.

From the first shave, the Ti Timeless .95 OC has been an eye opener. (The other two plates are a different story for another time). So light, maneuverable, smooth, beautiful, yet efficient! And that Crown handle! Then slowly over time, I began to pick it up more and more, and now it’s become my most frequently used razor. Stainless steel almost feels cumbersome in comparison, especially the Wolf!

I have razors that are more efficient, or slightly smoother, or edge out the Timeless in sheer beauty. But this razor seems to have the best combination of all three categories and easily tops my den in maneuverability and balance. It’s just a pleasure to shave with and, at least right now, seems to be leading the pack in my house!

Disclaimer - opinions are subject to change without notice. RAD and YMMV apply.
Hey there,

My name came up on the Wolfman list. So, I was just about to pull the trigger on a SS WR2-SB 1.25 gap with a titanium WRH2 handle. I briefly owned a Timeless Ti .95 DC (which gave me a great shave) but I got rid of it because I had been wanting a Wolfman. Since you have both, I was wondering if you could give me some insight between the two. Is the WR2 1.25 close to the feel and efficiency of the Timeless? Do you feel the Wolfman is worth ponying up the extra cash for? Or do you find the Timeless just as sweet. I am on the fence whether to go for the Wolfman (worried about picking the right gap and how it will work for me) or just get the Timeless again since I know it is a sweet shaver and works great for me. Thank you.

Reactions: Kix
Top Bottom