What's new

Timeless Ti Efficiency Question

I have a Timeless Titanium .95 OC and I love the smoothness and comfort of the shave. I would like just a little closer of a shave and wanted to know, from those who have used the .95 SB and OC, does the Timeless Titanium .95 OC provide enough of an efficiency upgrade to buy the extra base plate? I understand that ymmv - just hoping to hear some of your experiences of the SB vs. the OC. Thanks!

I find the Timeless Titanium .95 OC more eficient than the 95. SB. Cannot judge for you if it is enough to be worth the extra cost for your shave. There is a 30 day return policy I think is still in place at Timeless, there may be a restocking fee, or it may have changed? Hope that helps.

I’m confused. You have the OC and are wondering if you’d get a closer shave from which other baseplate?

I find the Timeless Titanium .95 OC more eficient than the 95. SB. Cannot judge for you if it is enough to be worth the extra cost for your shave. There is a 30 day return policy I think is still in place at Timeless, there may be a restocking fee, or it may have changed? Hope that helps.
Does the OC lose much smoothness?

I have a Timeless Titanium .95 OC and I love the smoothness and comfort of the shave. I would like just a little closer of a shave and wanted to know, from those who have used the .95 SB and OC, does the Timeless Titanium .95 OC provide enough of an efficiency upgrade to buy the extra base plate? I understand that ymmv - just hoping to hear some of your experiences of the SB vs. the OC. Thanks!
Not sure about having 2 separate base plates but can say and highly recommend the DC plate in OC/SB. That is what I use every other day. I use the OC on the 1st pass and the SB for the 2nd pass for a 20+ hr BBS every shave that I do!! Well worth the extra few bucks to have them on the same base plate. Mine made all other razors in my cabinet obsolete from 1st use...
Ti95DC.jpg

I have the Ti .68 SB, .95 SB and .95OC.

I can absolutely say the OC is worth the cost for added efficiency. It’s a terrific every 2 days shaver while the .95SB is an everyday shaver for me. I have a thick, coarse beard. I’m sure some could use the .95OC everyday, but not me. Pick up a scratch and dent and you’ll be happy. It loses some smoothness but that’s expected from an OC and it’s still a great shave.

I have the .68 OC and the .95 OC/ SB all in Ti. The OC is definitely a step up in efficiency with very little loss of smoothness for me.

I have the .68Sb, .95Sb and .95Oc in Ti. To answer your question, the Oc doesn’t lose much smoothness compared to the Sb, but the .95Sb is better for daily shaving in comparison to the Oc. The Oc holds the lather better and in my opinion it is the smoothest open comb made on the market. It really doesn’t feel like an open comb, if that makes sense. I highly recommend to have the Oc in your arsenal, worth the cost imo. The only downside for the Oc is that for my skin type it’s not an everyday shaver. Also its not as smooth as the .95 Sb against the grain, but still very smooth. Also I agree with others, that it is slightly more efficient but surprisingly not by much (in comparison to the .95Sb ti)
E8FC3E84-6D37-4637-A00E-224947EF15E4.jpeg

Last edited:
I loved the smooth shave and comfort of the Timeless Titanium SB, but wanted something slightly more efficient.

Went with the Stainless SB and it is perfect.

For me the OC. maybe because there is a bit more blade feel, is a bit less smooth, still smooth, just not quite as smooth as the OC.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
I have the Scalloped and the OC and the SB
My favorite is the Scalloped it's kinda in-between the OC and the SB. I really like all 3
The OC is very smooth and efficient and like others have posted it might be a little bit to much for some as a everyday shaver, I have no problem using it everyday but that's my face
00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191122120001458_COVER.jpg

Top Bottom