What's new

Timeless.... Stainless or Titanium? Choices, choices, choices....

All of them are goddamn sexy, what the best for one doesnt mean best for others.

Choose which gives you the "best click" when you see it , if you have a buyer remorse, pretty sure you can put it on BST without much loss, and get the others.

My vote goes to ... The DIMPLED :a29:

I have the pineapple and the barber pole and my preference is for the barber pole handle. Both are very good in terms of grip and functionality but the barber pole one just feels better in my hand.

I went for the Barber Pole just because I like shallow knurling and it looks great. I was originally concerned that grip might be problematic with the polished version, but in use it's not a concern at all.

I have the TRH1 (knurled) , TRH2 (pineapple) and TRH3 (plaid). My favorite is the pineapple but if the TRH1 was 100mm that would be my favorite. The knurling on the TRH1 is very grippy.

I have the pineapple and plaid handles. Of the two I think I like the feel of the plaid a bit better with its unbroken knurling. WHEN I get my next handle it will be the barber pole.

I have the pineapple and plaid handles. Of the two I think I like the feel of the plaid a bit better with its unbroken knurling. WHEN I get my next handle it will be the barber pole.
Thanks for your input Ron. I really am loving that Barber Pole handle, and then again the Pineapple handle has me intrigued with the space between the two knurled points..... they both look magnificent. I'd really like to pull both of them off. Perhaps Surf & Turf is in order to help soften up my better half, although I'll admit she can be a tough nut to crack at times. Daunting task ahead Ron.....

Thanks for your input Ron. I really am loving that Barber Pole handle, and then again the Pineapple handle has me intrigued with the space between the two knurled points..... they both look magnificent. I'd really like to pull both of them off. Perhaps Surf & Turf is in order to help soften up my better half, although I'll admit she can be a tough nut to crack at times. Daunting task ahead Ron.....

Good luck... If my better half found out how much I've spent on razors, she probably will crack some nuts... Eeek:117:

Gus, I only have the 100mm Pineapple handle in polished stainless, so I can't really help. Except that for my face and hand, the form factor and knurling of this handle simply works. The concave shaping seems to fit me, and the skinnier handle grips between the larger ones allow me to avoid worrying about slippage. If any of that makes sense. Stated differently, I appreciate the contrast between the large and smaller diameters of the Pineapple handle.

Of course, you can't go wrong.

Gus, I only have the 100mm Pineapple handle in polished stainless, so I can't really help. Except that for my face and hand, the form factor and knurling of this handle simply works. The concave shaping seems to fit me, and the skinnier handle grips between the larger ones allow me to avoid worrying about slippage. If any of that makes sense. Stated differently, I appreciate the contrast between the large and smaller diameters of the Pineapple handle.

Of course, you can't go wrong.
That certainly makes sense Scott. I like that space in between the two knurled spots. I feel as though I can slip a finger in there for a bit more control and balance. At least to my eye that's what it would be for me. Like I said, I'm working on the Misses to see if I can pull off both. The Barber Pole has me hooked also. But If I'm unsuccessful, I might pull the trigger with just the Pineapple one. Thanks for your input my friend....

For me barber pole is one that has classic, pun intended, "timeless" look.
This is the one that looks great today, and still will many years down the road.

Initially I wanted to order plaid to save few bucks, but then I realized how silly that sounded... lol... trying to save $10 (well $15 now) on order this big, on kit that should last me a long time (not that I ordered mine yet, waiting for @GlazedBoker to go first). :D

The .95 OC Head in Titanium. From their Twitter feed....
IMG_20170714_144318.jpg

WOW!! That looks great! I already have a couple of their razors in stainless-- how can I justify a titanium? Hmmmmm...this might take some creative logic.

Plus it sounds really cool to be able to state that I have a titanium _____________.[/QUOT
The .95 OC Head in Titanium. From their Twitter feed....
View attachment 804187

You had to post a picture. Must resist! If it only came in a 1.05 or larger gap. Must resist! I love my OC .95 with scalloped cap. Must resist!
Beautiful picture. Must resist! I fear another rabbit hole just opened.

Cheers
John

P.S. Must resist!

I like the pineapple handle, but I already have three amazing UFO handles with the barber knurling.

Gents, remember that titanium also has a grayer appearance than stainless. I love it, but it might not be for everybody.

IMG_3406.JPG

I'll make it harder for you.. lol..
I've got 2 Timeless one with Barber pole and the other with the Pineapple. I got the Barber pole first and I kept looking at the Pineapple and after a while I'm like hell with it the next one I get is going to have the Pineapple. Shave wise I lean more towards the Barber pole but it's like anything once I got use to the Pineapple it's really not an issue. Sometimes I switch heads as one of mine is a .68 OC and the other is a Dual head Open comb and straight bar in a .95 gap.

With that said here's a suggestion. Why not get a double sided base plate in either a .95 or .68. They both provide an incredible shave. I'm sure you will really enjoy any Timeless combo you choose. I love having choice and you may be the same so go for it. Oh on the Titanium, I'm sure I'll end up with 3 Timeless razors very soon. This habit of ours.:001_rolle

Last edited:
View attachment 804251

I'll make it harder for you.. lol..
I've got 2 Timeless one with Barber pole and the other with the Pineapple. I got the Barber pole first and I kept looking at the Pineapple and after a while I'm like hell with it the next one I get is going to have the Pineapple. Shave wise I lean more towards the Barber pole but it's like anything once I got use to the Pineapple it's really not an issue. Sometimes I switch heads as one of mine is a .68 OC and the other is a Dual head Open comb and straight bar in a .95 gap.

With that said here's a suggestion. Why not get a double sided base plate in either a .95 or .68. They both provide an incredible shave. I'm sure you will really enjoy any Timeless combo you choose. I love having choice and you may be the same so go for it. Oh on the Titanium, I'm sure I'll end up with 3 Timeless razors very soon. This habit of ours.:001_rolle
That is gorgeous!! My order for the Timeless will go in soon, in stainless. I'm just working on a covert mission and taking the Misses out for a night of fine wine and dining. I've got the ok for the master kit, but I'm trying to pull off in getting another handle, the Barber Pole one. I tried convincing her straight on yesterday, but that was like Picketts Charge at Gettysburg in the open field. Going to try an end around and left hook with the fine wine and surf & turf. Hopefully I'll break through and win in a route. See you in the Fort Men!!!

Top Bottom