What's new

Timeless.... Stainless or Titanium? Choices, choices, choices....

I was really getting ready to say to myself "Self, hell with it. Get yourself the Timeless Master Kit. It just looks beautiful". So, I'm getting ready to get on to their website, when out of the blue, a lightning bolt of an alert from my twitter account goes off. Seems that Timeless Razors has just announced that they will be offering their gorgeous creations in Titanium. Oh Brother! Now what am I going to do? I have been eyeing their kit for some time, and I've read up on all the good to excellent reviews and some that were not so excellent, but the good reviews far outweighed the bad ones. Prices have not been released or stated yet, but I expect them to be released soon. So, Stainless or Titanium? I ask my fellow brethren and those who have gone the Timeless way......Help a brother make a choice here fellas. Take the plunge on the stainless or wait for the titanium??? Lost and confused.......

IMG_0095.GIF

P.S. The Titanium and Stainless pieces will be interchangeable. :ihih:

You deserve it now. Right NOW. Waiting is for suckers with no excitement in their lives.

Then you can buy the Ti version later ;)

Let's see. The one I just looked at is 134 grams, or 4.7oz in Stainless. That's pretty heavy. The Rockwell was 3.99oz. for comparison. Titanium will be around 55% of that, or 45% lighter. At least if all dimensions are the same, which it sounds like they will be. 2.6oz or so for Titanium? Still solid.

You will be the first kid on your block with one of these. I say go for it. Any option for polished? Get that also!

What @NurseDave said. You can wait for the Ti version, then you'll get a Twitter alert that they're coming out with a carbon fiber version. You'll wait for that, and just before you buy one, they'll come out with a blue carbon fiber/titanium combo razor. So you'll wait for that. And so it will go until you die. In the meantime, you'll still be shaving with that clapped out Atra and ruining that pretty face of yours.

That said, every time I use my Timeless, I think, "Dang, this is one heavy razor." I wouldn't mind having a Ti baseplate in it.

What @NurseDave said. You can wait for the Ti version, then you'll get a Twitter alert that they're coming out with a carbon fiber version. You'll wait for that, and just before you buy one, they'll come out with a blue carbon fiber/titanium combo razor. So you'll wait for that. And so it will go until you die. In the meantime, you'll still be shaving with that clapped out Atra and ruining that pretty face of yours.

That said, every time I use my Timeless, I think, "Dang, this is one heavy razor." I wouldn't mind having a Ti baseplate in it.
Let's see. The one I just looked at is 134 grams, or 4.7oz in Stainless. That's pretty heavy. The Rockwell was 3.99oz. for comparison. Titanium will be around 55% of that, or 45% lighter. At least if all dimensions are the same, which it sounds like they will be. 2.6oz or so for Titanium? Still solid.

You will be the first kid on your block with one of these. I say go for it. Any option for polished? Get that also!
You deserve it now. Right NOW. Waiting is for suckers with no excitement in their lives.

Then you can buy the Ti version later ;)
YOU GUYS ARE NOT HELPING........

IMG_0096.JPG

Pull the trigger! I was being serenaded by the Rockwell 6C I received last week. I thought perhaps my Timeless was dropping to 2nd place until I shaved with it yesterday. 2 pass very DFS. The Rockwell is a touch milder (5 plate) but the Timeless is more efficient.
Get it, trust me you won't regret it.

For what it's worth I have a bronze Stork handle I am just waiting to click on the "buy it" button so RAD never ends and there is no cure.

Titanium is amazing stuff. That razor will not only outlive you, it may well outlive the human race and the planet earth. Aside from being amazingly light and strong.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
Price difference? Titanium is a softer metal, so if you want something that should theoretically last the rest of your life I would go stainless so there's less a chance of damage if dropped. Ti has a better strength to weight ratio than steel, but still bends and dings easier than steel overall. Titanium can't be tempered in the same way as steel to harden it up as much, either. It will be lighter, but I haven't heard anyone complain about the weight of their Steel Timeless razors yet. The Ti will be a nice option but I don't think you'll be missing anything going with steel and taking the more durable metal, especially since the Ti will likely be much more pricey.

I'm currently pairing Timeless head with Triad titanium handle, and I think it's a perfect fit, the steel makes it head heavy, which I think I prefer it that way.

If I switch it to Titanium head, I'm pretty sure the balance will move towards the middle more, which might not be a big problem, I can always do some adjustment, but with the thought of softer metal, combined with the thought of the balance changes, I think I'd stick with the steel Timeless.

But, RAD factor is a scary thing ... LOL

Nup, don't understand the attraction to Titanium. The only significant difference is weight, and I see the advantage in higher weight. So given the 'weight' and 'wait' advantage it's a no-brainer to me.

I wouldn't wait on the Titanium, Gus. I have two Timeless, an 0.95mm OC and an 0.68 Solid Bar on separate Timeless handles. I love them both. They are weighty but give a great shave. They are my top two DEs; and I have a lot of DEs. I also have a scalloped 0.95 base plate awaiting its own handle and scalloped cap.

Top Bottom