What's new

Timeless Slim vs. .95 and Even .68 in My Experience

I purchased a Timeless Slim in Stainless, and while I certainly don’t regret the purchase, I just can’t seem to get a closer shave with it than I do with my .95 and even with my .68 (both in stainless also). I like the smaller profile of the Slim, which is less chunky, but so far results with its predecessors are clearly superior for me. Somehow I think the ideal angle for me with the other two razors is just more intuitive. I intend to keep at it. I always use Gillete Silver Blues with these three razors.

I don’t regret the purchase, and I fully intend to keep the razor even if nothing changes for me in the outcome. It’s a really good tool, just not better for me than the other two so far. The other two yield truly outstanding results for me.

I agree with your assessment. Found the same results. I liked the design, but could not achieve results that I get with the .95 or .68. Hope you find the magic angle that makes it work.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Timeless makes superb razors. I just prefer the shave with my Ti Slim over the .95 and .68. Not "night and day", but enough that the Ti Slim is my preferred Timeless razor.

I look for a razor that is efficient, smooth, nimble and maneuverable. With all of those traits, the Ti Slim is, for me, the most effective Timeless in my Den. :thumbup:

Just my opinion and YMMV. :cool:

I purchased a Timeless Slim in Stainless, and while I certainly don’t regret the purchase, I just can’t seem to get a closer shave with it than I do with my .95 and even with my .68 (both in stainless also). I like the smaller profile of the Slim, which is less chunky, but so far results with its predecessors are clearly superior for me. Somehow I think the ideal angle for me with the other two razors is just more intuitive. I intend to keep at it. I always use Gillete Silver Blues with these three razors.

I don’t regret the purchase, and I fully intend to keep the razor even if nothing changes for me in the outcome. It’s a really good tool, just not better for me than the other two so far. The other two yield truly outstanding results for me.

I found the same thing and returned the Slim.

I agree with you 100%! I find the slim to be more nimble, but more blade feel and not nearly as efficient as the .68 or the .95. The Timeless SS .95 scalloped is my favorite razor!

I use a steep angle (ride the bar) as opposed to shallow (ride the cap).
Reviving an old thread.

I've had the slim for a whIle now and get patchy shaves especially on tricky areas like the jaw line.

I intend to use the Ti Slim SB with a Feather blade for the FFFMM'22 challenge. A month of daily shaves with it should help master the correct technique for it.

The Timeless site states the below which is pretty ambiguous

• This only comes in one blade gap (0.5mm) AGGRESSIVE!!! This is smooth with the correct angle and rough with the wrong angle. You will need to adjust from our other razor angles.

Since I've discovered the S.A.S.A., I'll hopefully get better shaves with my Slim in FFFMM'22 !

Last edited:

I have Ti .95 OC,

I have the Ti .95 OC, the Ti Slim SB and the SS Slim OC. I love the .95 OC but the Slim SB is not efficient enough for me. The Slim OC, however, is a beast! It’s more aggressive that my Rex Ambassador maxed out and is much harsher feeling, to me.

I’m a huge fan of the .95 in all three variants SB, SC, OC. Not so much a fan of the slim. It’s a different razor that feels less smooth with more blade feel while not increasing efficiency.

I've had about all offerings from Timeless over the years. They make excellent products, but I don't find them very efficient for some reason. They are definitely very smooth shavers....just wish they shaved better for me.

I would rank them 68 < Slim < 95 in my experience in terms of efficiency and preference.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
I am quite surprised and disagree. My experience was the opposite.

The .95 and .68 more efficient than the Slim?

I found the .95 scalloped head to be very smooth. But not nearly as efficient as the rougher Slim.

When I have spots that didn't work out perfectly with other razors, I often take the Slim to kill stubble, sometimes even dry.

IMO: could be a matter of habit and shaving angle. The Slim is different in this regard to the. 95.

I really enjoy the slim solid bar head, but I also prefer the traditional .68 and particularly the .95. My understanding was the slim was designed for easier use beneath the nose. I've had a mustache for the past 30 years so it's a moot point

I have many of the timeless offerings in SS (.95 Scalloped, .68 open and closed comb, and slim closed comb)and for quite a while (many ,months) I simply could not get the closest shave with the Slim. Then, after using more aggressive razors. like the Tatara Nodachi with a feather blade), Haircut and Shave .076, and Blackbird for a few weeks I went back to the Slim again and, voila, not only did a get a smoother shave, but it was BBS with the same number of passes. I did not do anything intentionally differently. My guess is I just finally figured out how to intuitively use the right technique. I almost sold it and am now glad I did not. It is very smooth and a different experience than the more blade forward razors

I have many of the timeless offerings in SS (.95 Scalloped, .68 open and closed comb, and slim closed comb)and for quite a while (many ,months) I simply could not get the closest shave with the Slim. Then, after using more aggressive razors. like the Tatara Nodachi with a feather blade), Haircut and Shave .076, and Blackbird for a few weeks I went back to the Slim again and, voila, not only did a get a smoother shave, but it was BBS with the same number of passes. I did not do anything intentionally differently. My guess is I just finally figured out how to intuitively use the right technique. I almost sold it and am now glad I did not. It is very smooth and a different experience than the more blade forward razors
Funny how that happens. I’ve had the same experience with other razors that weren’t working for me. Use other razors for awhile, then come back to the one that didn’t perform well to find out it does.

As far as the Slim goes, I can only get good shaves with the OC plate. The SB leaves behind too much stubble. The OC Ti Slim is a very nice razor….smooth and efficient.

Top Bottom