What's new

Timeless Slim Ti

I've been a daily morning shaver for a long time, but recently I've switched to evening shaves. This has resulted in skipping one or more days between shaves because at the end of the day I'm just less enthusiastic about shaving. Hence I've been gravitating to more aggressive razors, particularly open combs. My go to lately has been the brass and stainless Blackbird.

Enter my latest acquisition, the Timeless Ti Slim OC baseplate (as an upgrade to my Ti .68 OC) shown here with my polished Ti .95:

Slim Profile.jpg

Slim Front.jpg

I have about 5 shaves on this with a GSB blade. Overall I think it's a winner. The shaves have rivaled the Blackbird in efficiency but are more user friendly in execution. In spite of its very forward blade feel it's quite smooth and easy to master. Much of the ease of use is likely attributable to the lower mass of Ti. The razor is as light as a feather and among the most maneuverable I've tried. I think that the light weight also facilitates an uber-light touch which, combined with a sharp blade, makes for a delightful shave.

People normally ask about blade angle. I don't think about it, though like the Blackbird, the razor seems to tolerate a steep angle well.

This has become one of my favorites. It is a worthy contender to the most efficient razors out there. Especially, if you already have a .68 that you find too mild, this upgrade is a no brainer.

SOD 01-04-21.jpg

Nice. Curious what you consider a "sharp" blade.
About the only blade I use these days are GSB and Polsilver SI mostly because that's what I have. I think by "sharp" I meant new. I get 5 or so good shaves from a blade. After that point it can get a bit tuggy which requires more pressure and results in more irritation with aggressive razors.

I don't know what others experience but I've found that milder razors are more tolerant of dulling blades. If anyone wants to chime in, please do.

After using this razor for a month or so I am more impressed than ever. It really has become my favorite. The caveat is that next month, like most of us, I may have a different favorite. So . . . . YMMV aside, this is every bit as efficient as the BB only easier to live with. Not that I'm selling either of my BBs, but I'm loving this razor. A sharp blade and feather touch yields wonderful results.

SOD 02-08-21.jpg

I have the Ti Slim now. Only used an Astra SP so far, but look forward trying other blades. I have not yet experienced an efficiency approaching my Brass'Bird yet, but it is very smooth.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I have the Ti Slim now. Only used an Astra SP so far, but look forward trying other blades. I have not yet experienced an efficiency approaching my Brass'Bird yet, but it is very smooth.

The Brass Blackbird rocks! :thumbup:

The Timeless Ti Slim is a very nice razor and is also in my 'Big Dog' rotation. :cool:

Nice pick up. I'm looking at this exact razor for myself. Does the matte finish on the top cap feel like it gives any drag at all while you're shaving?

If you could post a side by side of the head next to some other razors to get a better idea of just how "slim" it is, that would be great. 2 of my favorite razors are the Game Changer and Lupo because I love the low profile of the head. I've never used any Timeless, so it's hard to gauge exactly how big the slim version is. Thanks in advance.

Man, I wish they'd make a slim Ti version that is more on the neutral side blade exposure-wise. I'm sure I'd like this as it is currently if I shaved only once or twice a week, but as I shave daily, I needs me some neutral blade exposure, hahaha.

Nice pick up. I'm looking at this exact razor for myself. Does the matte finish on the top cap feel like it gives any drag at all while you're shaving?

If you could post a side by side of the head next to some other razors to get a better idea of just how "slim" it is, that would be great. 2 of my favorite razors are the Game Changer and Lupo because I love the low profile of the head. I've never used any Timeless, so it's hard to gauge exactly how big the slim version is. Thanks in advance.
I haven't noticed any drag but, as I said, I favor a very light touch. I'll try to get a few razors together for a photo so you can see the difference in profile.

I haven't noticed any drag but, as I said, I favor a very light touch. I'll try to get a few razors together for a photo so you can see the difference in profile.
Thank you. I owned one of the DLC Lupos last year and it felt like the coating added a sensation of drag to it. Wasnt a huge fan. I prefer the look of the matte finish otherwise I’d just play it safe and go with the polished.

I don't have the "Slim" base plate Timeless but I do have a Ti95DC in the matte finish that I tested against both, a matte and polished SS versions of the Timeless and can vouch there was absolutely no difference in the shave except that obviously the SS was heavier was all. No drag was detected in either the Ti or SS matte versions and probably says more about the Stirling soaps I use in that they are very slick when lathered correctly.

To anyone considering the "Slim" version, I'd have to point out that it is only the base plate that was changed by Timeless and not the entire razor. If you choose to buy the razor you are getting the same top cap and handle you'd get with the standard Timeless razor in the SS or Ti versions. If you had or have a standard Timeless you can just buy the base plate only to use with your razor if you chose to go that route...

I don't have the "Slim" base plate Timeless but I do have a Ti95DC in the matte finish that I tested against both, a matte and polished SS versions of the Timeless and can vouch there was absolutely no difference in the shave except that obviously the SS was heavier was all. No drag was detected in either the Ti or SS matte versions and probably says more about the Stirling soaps I use in that they are very slick when lathered correctly.

To anyone considering the "Slim" version, I'd have to point out that it is only the base plate that was changed by Timeless and not the entire razor. If you choose to buy the razor you are getting the same top cap and handle you'd get with the standard Timeless razor in the SS or Ti versions. If you had or have a standard Timeless you can just buy the base plate only to use with your razor if you chose to go that route...
Yup. That's what I've done. Already owning a complete SS Timeless rig I traded baseplate to acquire the Ti Slim. I picked it up on Monday and haven't been able to set it aside. It still has heft due to the SS handle and cap but is now significantly lighter and also slimmer in profile which is one of the things that caused some neglect of this razor with the original baseplate. Fantastic daily driver. Seriously considering the new Ti handle and appreciating the flexibility of the Timeless design of interchangeable razor parts available separately to buy. Would like a Bronze head as well.
Imagepipe_6.jpg
Imagepipe_5.jpg

I would've purchased a new baseplate by now if Matt offered it in a DC version. Since purchasing my regular Ti DC plate I have a routine in using the OC on the 1st pass and the SB for the 2nd and is what I've found to work the best for me since I started traditional wet shaving 5 yrs ago... I sure hope he changes his mind and offers it in the future.

It has been close to 24 hours, and I don't need to shave. I'm not used to that. The combination of the Slim head and the Crown handle makes such a zippy, maneuverable razor that the shave was effortless as well.

I'm not sure if the BB shaves this close. It's been a few months since I've used it so I don't recall, but they're pretty close. You reach a point where you can't say that one razor is better than another, just different.

I'll have to compare this with the 95 and 68 next as I haven't used them in a while either. This is like getting a new razor without spending any money. :c9:

It has been close to 24 hours, and I don't need to shave. I'm not used to that. The combination of the Slim head and the Crown handle makes such a zippy, maneuverable razor that the shave was effortless as well.

I'm not sure if the BB shaves this close. It's been a few months since I've used it so I don't recall, but they're pretty close. You reach a point where you can't say that one razor is better than another, just different.

I'll have to compare this with the 95 and 68 next as I haven't used them in a while either. This is like getting a new razor without spending any money. :c9:

Would love to hear your comparison of the slim to the .68 and .95. I have both in oc format but haven't pulled the trigger on the slim yet.

Would love to hear your comparison of the slim to the .68 and .95. I have both in oc format but haven't pulled the trigger on the slim yet.

Not the OP, but for me I like the maneuverability of the slim plate compared to "standard." It does have blade feel though, and it's kindof sneaky in that for me the light weight of the TI deceives me into probably adding a little pressure even if I'm not meaning to, and if I do I feel it afterwards with the slim plate (not so much with the .95). So I think it maybe just causes you to remember your angles and not to use pressure.

Top Bottom