What's new

Timeless recommendation request

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
If you don't mind me asking how do you like the wizamet blades compared to the polsilver blades?

I currently use polsilvers and bics exclusively and find the bics a tad bit to sharp on the first 2 shaves leading to a rough shave, I would like to get some wizamets to replace the bics. I have gone through multiple threads and there seem to be mixed reviews.

Regards
Rohan

They feel pretty darn close to each other on my face. :)

I doubt that most folks would be able to tell them apart.

I have the .68 SS SB w/scalloped head & base. It's mild, but efficient. I tend to use a Kai SS blade in it when I use it because the Kai blades are ever so fractionally wider which, for me, increases the efficiency a tad.
I found that true for the first three shaves but by the fourth the Kai didn't perform any better than other blades. YMMV

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
They feel pretty darn close to each other on my face. :)

I doubt that most folks would be able to tell them apart.

That's because they are the same exact blade in different packaging.

Regarding the 68 vs 95 discussion, I have both in stainless. I like a heavy razor, so stainless is for me. Maybe I will get a Ti Timeless someday, but not in a hurry to do so. When i "moved up" from the 68 to the 95, I thought that would be the end of the 68 for me, as the 95 was very efficient and smooth. But no. The 68 provides almost as good of a shave result with a much smoother ride, so I still use and enjoy them both! So if you like an aggressive razor with some blade feel, get the 95. If you like a smooth razor and/or have sensitive skin, start with the 68. And with Timeless, all of the parts are readily available. I initially got the 95 baseplate off the BST to swap out with my 68. But when I discovered how much I like both plates, I just went onto the Timeless Scratch and Dent page and got a top cap and handle for the 95. Easy peasy. Really cant go wrong either way.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
That's because they are the same exact blade in different packaging.
Wasn't 100% sure on that point. Thank you for clarifying.

They certainly feel the same to me. :)

Regarding the 68 vs 95 discussion, I have both in stainless. I like a heavy razor, so stainless is for me. Maybe I will get a Ti Timeless someday, but not in a hurry to do so. When i "moved up" from the 68 to the 95, I thought that would be the end of the 68 for me, as the 95 was very efficient and smooth. But no. The 68 provides almost as good of a shave result with a much smoother ride, so I still use and enjoy them both! So if you like an aggressive razor with some blade feel, get the 95. If you like a smooth razor and/or have sensitive skin, start with the 68. And with Timeless, all of the parts are readily available. I initially got the 95 baseplate off the BST to swap out with my 68. But when I discovered how much I like both plates, I just went onto the Timeless Scratch and Dent page and got a top cap and handle for the 95. Easy peasy. Really cant go wrong either way.

I like the weight of the Timeless Ti razors a bit more. Definitely a YMMV situation. :)

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Apart from the ebay listing are there any other vendors that you are aware of and carrying wizamet blades?
I am not - got mine from one of the eBay vendors.
Wizashave dot com. Ships from Morocco or New York, depending on where you are. Has sales from time to time. And the price goes down the more you buy. Good vendor.

Wizashave dot com. Ships from Morocco or New York, depending on where you are. Has sales from time to time. And the price goes down the more you buy. Good vendor.
It seems like they are the only trusted source that have ready stocks of wizamet blades. I reside in India so the only prolem of concern is the delivery time.

I came across a listing for 250 wizamets for 20 dollars on ebay, it seemed to good to be true and an hour later as soon as I was going to place the order they were all out of stock.

proxy.php

proxy.php

My ti .68 SB arrived today. The folks at Timeless also included a tub of Shannon’s soap along with the towel. I’m extremely pleased with the razor and the service.

Perfect three pass shave with an Astra and the Shannon’s. No cuts, and I may have been a bit more reckless than I should’ve been. I’m going to like this razor a whole lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Dear fellow enablers
I love the timeless ss .68 oc.
how do you think I would like the titanium 95 straight bar?

The bronze .38 SB gives very pleasant shaves. It has a positive blade exposure, which gives a decent blade feel. Some call it mild, others get razor burn from it. But for me it is a safe, efficient shaver, that does not sacrifice comfort.
Highly recommended!
I had the OC bronze (which I loved), but it gave me razor burn after shaving daily with it.

I recently bought a Timeless .38 SB based on reading people on here and on Youtube saying it was mild. It tore the hell out of my face and I had tons of irritation after the first couple of shaves. Eventually I figured out how to use it without getting razor burn but it takes a light touch and a lot of attention on angle for sure.

M

member 119848

I recently bought a Timeless .38 SB based on reading people on here and on Youtube saying it was mild. It tore the hell out of my face and I had tons of irritation after the first couple of shaves. Eventually I figured out how to use it without getting razor burn but it takes a light touch and a lot of attention on angle for sure.
Yes, true. I don´t really agree with those saying it is mild either. It is smooth indeed, but has a ton of blade feel. It feels like the first version of Fatips.
I still managed to shave everyday for a few months with it. However, the Timeless .68 plates from the SS and Ti series are much more forgiving for the skin! (due to their neutral blade exposure)
Blade gap should not be the only metric to judge the efficiency / aggressiveness of a razor.

I’m thinking of adding the .95 plate as well. If it isn’t right for me I can either return it or sell on the BST forum.

You should consult with @never-stop-learning. He has had .68, .95 and the .50 Slim head. The .95 and the .50 both have the same blade exposure, .05mm. I would think if you plan on going a few days between shaves then the .95 might work better but if you are planning on shaving daily then the .50 slim might give you similar closeness to the .95 with better maneuverability under the nose and other tight spaces.

You should consult with @never-stop-learning. He has had .68, .95 and the .50 Slim head. The .95 and the .50 both have the same blade exposure, .05mm. I would think if you plan on going a few days between shaves then the .95 might work better but if you are planning on shaving daily then the .50 slim might give you similar closeness to the .95 with better maneuverability under the nose and other tight spaces.

The .68 arrived yesterday. Great shave. I typically shave daily so it would be my daily base plate. For those times when I take three or four days off the .95 might be a good option.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
The .68 arrived yesterday. Great shave. I typically shave daily so it would be my daily base plate. For those times when I take three or four days off the .95 might be a good option.

68 oc or sb?

Top Bottom