What's new

Timeless Razors

I've was given a Titanium Timeless .95 SB a while ago and it was a decent razor, but not worth the money imho. WTG it was nice, but ATG and XTG not much. The angle was kinda wonky for me and while the efficiency was good enough, if you're not careful, you might get a lot of irritation. It might be the razor for you, but it's definitely not for me and I'm glad that I was able to try it out first before I spend a lot of money for one.

The Overlander however, is very enjoyable razor. I've required one quite recently and I really like it. The only thing I don't like is that I have a bit of hard time shaving under my nose and around my lips. For whatever reason, if the area isn't too flat, the razor skips and it doesn't shave very good. Other than that, I think it's a much better razor than the Timeless.

Excellent, thank you. The Overlander seems to be well regarded on the forums.

I've was given a Titanium Timeless .95 SB a while ago and it was a decent razor, but not worth the money imho. WTG it was nice, but ATG and XTG not much. The angle was kinda wonky for me and while the efficiency was good enough, if you're not careful, you might get a lot of irritation. It might be the razor for you, but it's definitely not for me and I'm glad that I was able to try it out first before I spend a lot of money for one.

The Overlander however, is very enjoyable razor. I've required one quite recently and I really like it. The only thing I don't like is that I have a bit of hard time shaving under my nose and around my lips. For whatever reason, if the area isn't too flat, the razor skips and it doesn't shave very good. Other than that, I think it's a much better razor than the Timeless.

I think saying a razor is better than the other we have to realize this is like pizza what you like how much cheese sauce crust toppings but we all love it no matter what kinda thing

also their shave bowls are quite nice and worth trying IMHO :)

I want a fav razor and still want to try the Tatara

I have had two of the wolfman a .95 and a 1.15 and my timeless won the fav razor over the wolfman ? Does that make the timeless better I would say NO its just what I liked more and the wolfman are amazingly good also with a huge want/following here as one of the ultimate (which they are) so I do put them on that same level of machining and feel in the hand and on the face again its how much cheese on that pizza vs sauce ratio that makes or breaks it for you and a winner for someone else :)

I still want to try a .75/.85 dual wolfman in Ti to try because I have a lifetime of shaves ahead of me and want to try things till I know I do not want to try anymore ! Hahahahaah but in due time

Also I have no desire to collect I only want a single fav razor ? And for how long they last and the fact most of use them daily or a few times a week compared to say buying a new phone or something and how long they last $300 or $500 is not a huge deal in the long run I feel

I have the Titanium in .68 and .95. It is neck and neck with my Chiseled Face Legacy Ti for favorite razor of the approximately 15 in my den. The .68 is an amazing daily driver, no blade feel but gives me a 3 pass BBS. If I were to miss a day or two, I use the .95 - for me, the .95 is just a little much to use every day.

I’ve owned almost every combination of Timeless razor over the years and have sold them except for a Ti Slim OC that is decent. Love the looks of Timeless razors but they just aren’t overly efficient for me. I’ll probably sell the Slim at some point.

Lots of other razors out there that shave much better than any Timeless I’ve owned. Timeless razors are very well made but lack the performance I’m after. I will say that I’m in the minority here as most really like them.

I’ve owned almost every combination of Timeless razor over the years and have sold them except for a Ti Slim OC that is decent. Love the looks of Timeless razors but they just aren’t overly efficient for me. I’ll probably sell the Slim at some point.

Lots of other razors out there that shave much better than any Timeless I’ve owned. Timeless razors are very well made but lack the performance I’m after. I will say that I’m in the minority here as most really like them.
Timeless also didn’t really work for me. They are beautiful razors, but I prefer Wolfman and Blackland razors. Timeless razors work wonderfully for a lot of folks here on the forum, however.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
My first high-end razor was a Timeless SS .68 SB with a scalloped top cap. Although I no longer shave with it as I've progressed in efficiency, it was the best razor I had while I was shaving with razors that were in that gap range. Super-high quality fit & finish. I don't think you will be disappointed with a Timeless.

One thing I don't see mentioned often, is good the design is in terms of cleaning it. Just a quick flush and everything gets washed off. A must for me and another thing that ended up pushing me to buy one
I'd have to disagree assuming we're talking about the stainless steel plates they make. I think the design is the least practical of any razor I've seen to clean properly. It's why you see them sell pipe cleaners to properly clean out the lather channels because it's next to impossible to clean the soap scum that likes to stick to the inside of it otherwise.

The bronze and aluminum plates on the other hand don't have lather channels so those are indeed a breeze to clean but the trade off is that they're awful 😆

I'd have to disagree assuming we're talking about the stainless steel plates they make. I think the design is the least practical of any razor I've seen to clean properly. It's why you see them sell pipe cleaners to properly clean out the lather channels because it's next to impossible to clean the soap scum that likes to stick to the inside of it otherwise.

The bronze and aluminum plates on the other hand don't have lather channels so those are indeed a breeze to clean but the trade off is that they're awful 😆

I do run the edge of a microfiber towel in the edge of the plate once in a while because OCD :) one quick swipe and done so for me super fast super easy compared to the other channels in many others where I had to get a edge into each hole on each side way more complex for me :) it is interesting how experiences vary so much :)

but every razor every shave I clean my razor well granted I also wipe the edge of the soap container and the AS bottle and everything else counter mirror etc. every shave as I cant stand anything not super clean
I do have the Ti though but cant see the SS being dif ?

I do run the edge of a microfiber towel in the edge of the plate once in a while because OCD  one quick swipe and done so for me super fast super easy compared to the other channels in many others where I had to get a edge into each hole on each side way more complex for me  it is interesting how experiences vary so much 

but every razor every shave I clean my razor well granted I also wipe the edge of the soap container and the AS bottle and everything else counter mirror etc. every shave as I cant stand anything not super clean

I do have the Ti though but cant see the SS being dif ?
I do the exact same thing! Super easy for me. It is more of a struggle to clean my Rockwell 6c

Top Bottom