What's new

Timeless Razors

So, just browsing the boards, not really in the market for a new razor as I'm totally content with my cheapy EJ DE89. Lo and behold I see Timeless mentioned as a high end shaving tool. So, I jump over to their site and to my shock, I see they are located about ~45 minutes from me - this could get me into trouble, LOL. So I shot out an email explaining that I'm looking for something comparable in shaving characteristics to my DE89, and to see if they had a storefront, and while they don't, they mentioned I could stop in and look at some of their offerings :)

We don’t have a store front but we have people come into the factory office all the time. You can stop by whenever you prefer just call me to let me know and I’ll have some things ready for you.
I would recommend the SS or TI .95 blade gap. Which plate depends on how often you shave and the type of hair growth you have.
SB is for daily shaving with little hair
SCL is for 2-3 days growth
OC is for 3-5 days growth and or thick coarse hair.

So it sounds like the SB (Solid Bar) is the least aggressive, and then the SCL (Scalloped) and then the OC (Open Comb) is the most aggressive.

Anyway, I don't even want to visit this place as the razor they recommend for me is almost $300 😲, and I know if I walk into this place, I'll probably leave with a lighter wallet, LOL. What's the general consensus, worth the $$?? Can anyone who has tried a timeless and an Edwin Jagger DE89 comment on the differences?

Thanks in advance!

I've had a DE89 for close to 10 years. I bought a Timeless last year. I've had almost 50 razors and the Timeless is in my top 3. IMHO you will not be disappointed in a Timeless. I suggest looking at the scratch and dent section of their website. I also suggest their .68 baseplate in addition to the .95. I don't know your type of beard or how often you shave but the .68 is closer to the DE89, however, the .95 is barely more aggressive while being much more efficient.

Here's my story about my purchase last year.

Visit :)
to me the Ti razors are just so comfy something about the Ti material many say is unique

I have a Ti .68 (need to try the .95 plates) but in the .68 had all 3 base plates the SCL and OC for me felt closer to each other than the SB that is my daily bar but they are all unique and all great and really its one of those ya just have to find what ya like cause each one does have its own feel :)

I do shave daily I also used the OC daily and had no issues reckon cause it was 68 but these days prefer the truly no blade feel no razor feel shaves :) so the 68 SB seems to fit that bill for me

keep us posted and also the Ti Crown handle is a work of art and would work well with a SS head for a nice weight balance if you do not go all in on the Ti but I will nudge you to pick up feel the Ti and if you are OK with the weight TRY ONE :) ahahhahahha

Excellent, thanks for the advice Big_T. I'm thinking a visit would allow me the opportunity to look at their scratch and dent options and not have to mess about with shipping. They sure look to be very high quality. Ugh, not something I need, but they are so close I almost have to check them out, LOL. I would probably also pick up both base plates. Looking at their website, I'm not quite sure how to even order, so it's better that I take the trip to their shop.

Timeless is as good a razor as you can get IMO, love my Titanium one (sold the other to finance my TiBird which I also love). I’m actually toying with the idea of getting a polished titanium one.

Sure they are not cheap but they are smooth shavers that will not let you down.

EDIT: I know they like to recommend their .95 plates but I’ve found them too much for continuous daily shaves. The 68 however is amazing at that.

Thanks, if I do get one, I'll get both the .68 and .95 plates.

Timeless is as good a razor as you can get IMO, love my Titanium one (sold the other to finance my TiBird which I also love). I’m actually toying with the idea of getting a polished titanium one.

Sure they are not cheap but they are smooth shavers that will not let you down.

EDIT: I know they like to recommend their .95 plates but I’ve found them too much for continuous daily shaves. The 68 however is amazing at that.

While we're at it, has anyone tried both the Overlander and the Timeless? Can anyone comment on whether the Timeless is worth the $$ over the Overlander?

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Obviously only you can decide on the investment, but the Ti95 is hands down one of the best razors I have ever shaved with. Comfortable, smooth and crazy beautiful. Yet, easy for me to say, because there is one staring at me in the morning.

Do other razors get similar results? Yes - most vintage Gillettes give a Timeless a run for its money. And so if you are only focused on results there are options.

If you want the full package (materials, results, design, stand) then Timeless is certainly in a league of its own (in my opinion).

Even if they are nearby, what are you looking for in a razor that your DE89 does not give it I may ask?

Guido

Hi Guido,

To be honest, I’m totally content with my DE89, I only started looking at the timeless accidentally while browsing the forum. This forum is bad for my financial well being, LOL.

Obviously only you can decide on the investment, but the Ti95 is hands down one of the best razors I have ever shaved with. Comfortable, smooth and crazy beautiful. Yet, easy for me to say, because there is one staring at me in the morning.

Do other razors get similar results? Yes - most vintage Gillettes give a Timeless a run for its money. And so if you are only focused on results there are options.

If you want the full package (materials, results, design, stand) then Timeless is certainly in a league of its own (in my opinion).

Even if they are nearby, what are you looking for in a razor that your DE89 does not give it I may ask?

Guido

I have the Ti95, Ti68, SS68, and an AL45. I agree with the recommendations for the 68 gap. The Ti68 is a marvel. The SS68 is heavier, of course, but also a treat. I love the Ti95, but not every day for me. I use them all in rotation with a few others.
BTW, I have bought some from their scratch and dent section…like new in my opinion. Also, the solid bar and scalloped bar are very similar. I think it is more an issue of aesthetics than shaving comfort.

This forum is bad for my financial well being, LOL.
Yup! I was totally cruising along and learning the trade with my KCG razor which is similar to the DE89. Could have stayed there. Then I joined B&B…and the chore became a hobby, or an obsession - take your pick!

And I applaud or admire your determination. You joined B&B in 2007 and no RAD? At all?

Whatever you decide - enjoy you shave!

Guido

Yes, I’ve been on this journey for some time and have tried and sold lots of stuff here, LOL. You’d think I’d have learned something by now, LOL.

Yup! I was totally cruising along and learning the trade with my KCG razor which is similar to the DE89. Could have stayed there. Then I joined B&B…and the chore became a hobby, or an obsession - take your pick!

And I applaud or admire your determination. You joined B&B in 2007 and no RAD? At all?

Whatever you decide - enjoy you shave!

Guido

The EJ DE89 was my first razor I then progressed to the EJ 3one6.

After that I bought the:

Timeless SS SC .68
Timeless Ti SB .95
Timeless Ti OC .95

I had all 3 at the same time the one that I could use everyday and was the Ti SB .95,
the OC was more efficient but could not use it everyday.

EJ 3one6 got my proficiency down so the transition to the Timeless was flawless.

If you have any other questions just ask

Doug

PS. The easiest transition from the EJ DE89 would be the Timeless SS .68, the shaving angle changes from the EJ DE89 to the Timeless Ti .95

Last edited:
Top Bottom