What's new

Timeless razors

How would you compare them for under the nose?

My whiskers grow right up to my nostrils and even into the creases at the sides of my nose. With a little stretching I can get these spots easily with my scalloped .95 Timeless. This is the only DE razor I have that can get these areas with 100% certainty.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
My whiskers grow right up to my nostrils and even into the creases at the sides of my nose. With a little stretching I can get these spots easily with my scalloped .95 Timeless. This is the only DE razor I have that can get these areas with 100% certainty.

Thanks! I'm thinking hard on a .68 scalloped cap and base.

I have the .68 scalloped head and love it. I initially bought the .95 OC and it was a bit much for me. But the .68 with my Kai blades is ideal.

I am new at this and only been wet shaving for about 2 years- so take my opinion in that context as others with much more experience will surely chime in.

I have the timeless with .68 in scalloped and .95 is solid bar. I also have feather as-d2, above the tie m1, r1, h1, a Muhle 89 and a markur hd.

The timeless, either head, is by far my favorite. Smoothest and most comfortable with any blade any soap and the one I reach for 90% of the time. I haven't sold any of my others but might as well.

One note, being used to the att atlas handle for about a year, the barber pole handle I initially got from timeless was a bit too heavy. Customer service was first grade and I had it quickly exchanged for the dimpled handle which is both shorter and lighter. This is a heavy razor but I have gotten used to it now. No/very light pressure is the trick. Let the weight of the razor do the work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ppratim -

I'm with you 100%. Prior to my 0.68 SB Timeless, I was using regularly vintage Gillette's of all types, Above the Tie M1 and Feather AS-D2. I could get a good shave with any and spent plenty of time with each.

Fast forward to now and with about 3-4 months of using my Timeless, I too have thought I really don't need all my others. Just last week I brought my Gilette pre-war Tech, the AS-D2 and the ATT M1 back out to use a few times each. I gave them each a fair chance....especially since I had some time and $$ investment in these other razors.

While I got a decent shave, there was really still no comparison for me. I really want to like the others enough to rotate regularly but I'm about done with them I think.

Now...I haven't tried every razor on the planet. No Wolfman, and others. But, for me, based on the razors I have I have to give the nod to the Timeless. Not even that close. I am still open to the possibility that I might come upon something I like more than the Timeless.

A Timeless was the 3rd razor I bought 2 weeks into wet shaving. First was a Viking TTO and second was Merkur 34C. Right before I bought the Timeless my 6 year old daughter made the comment one Saturday morning "Daddy, your shave didn't go to well". It was not pretty. Pulled the trigger on a Timeless and I am quite happy with that decision. I have the 0.68 scalloped head. It gives my me an easy and smooth shave. 3 pass shaves are not an issue. Shaving everyday is not an issue with this razor. I did order the 0.98 OC and while I did successfully manage a 3 pass have with only one bleeder, it felt more raw, harsh, blade feel. I returned it after 3 weeks to Timeless for a 0.68 OC and that arrived in the mail today. I will try it out tomorrow. I have yet to read one poor review of Timeless. If you are curious and the $200 isn't going to break you give them a try.

I'll know for sure in about a week. On the way to my den is a Timeless with plaid handle, which is being discounted while supplies last and then discontinued, .95 gap, polished finish.

I'll know for sure in about a week. On the way to my den is a Timeless with plaid handle, which is being discounted while supplies last and then discontinued, .95 gap, polished finish.

What do you think?

I went back to my .95 gap open comb this morning, and couldn't be more pleased about how close and long-lasting the shave was. And how easy. I can barely feel the blade, and never worry about blood. The only other razors I have that shave as well have much more blade feel, e.g., Muhle R41 2011, PAA DOC Evo stainless, Charcoal Goods Level 3 open comb, Le Coq caged comb, ATT H2, ATT SE2, Asylum RX, etc. For anyone who wants a relatively mild razor that delivers shaves as well as the aggressive monsters, this is the one. My other milder razors all perform at a level or two below, including my Slim at 9, my Rockwell 6S at 6, Wolfman open comb with a .74 blade gap, and many others. I really am impressed with the Timeless .95 open comb...

Last edited:
One of the things about the Timeless for me that I find most interesting is the way that the bottom cap is designed. It seems like theres a ton of room for cream and hair to go, almost to the point where you couldnt make the razor plug up. Im still on the fence about picking up a Timeless head to go with my Weber Bulldog handle. I know theyre awesome but its still $160 just for a head.
My complete Timeless razor was $175 plus shipping. To be fair that was as inexpensive as it could get and I easily could have added $45.

What do you think?

I went back to my .95 gap open comb this morning, and couldn't be more pleased about how close and long-lasting the shave was. And how easy. I can barely feel the blade, and never worry about blood. The only other razors I have that shave as well have much more blade feel, e.g., Muhle R41 2011, PAA DOC Evo stainless, Charcoal Goods Level 3 open comb, Le Coq caged comb, ATT H2, ATT SE2, Asylum RX, etc. For anyone who wants a relatively mild razor that delivers shaves as well as the aggressive monsters, this is the one. My other milder razors all perform at a level or two below, including my Slim at 9, my Rockwell 6S at 6, Wolfman open comb with a .74 blade gap, and many others. I really am impressed with the Timeless .95 open comb...
Tomorrow morning: First shave with the Timeless. It will also be the first use for this custom brush. It has a Maggard 24mm synthetic knot, which I have used in their own marble handle, but this artist set the knot a little deeper. It should be great. Here is the lineup for tomorrow.
DSCN1173[1].JPG

I shaved with my 0.68 OC this morning. I have been using the scalloped bar and I have been lazy putting the OC on.
Great shave, 3 passes and my face still feels smooth 12 hours later.
I'll stay with the OC for awhile.

My complete Timeless razor was $175 plus shipping. To be fair that was as inexpensive as it could get and I easily could have added $45.
Yeah, thats why I dont have a Timeless yet. Like I said, they look awesome but I just cant bring myself to spend that kind of money, especially when my $30 Merkur shaves just as well.

Yeah, thats why I dont have a Timeless yet. Like I said, they look awesome but I just cant bring myself to spend that kind of money, especially when my $30 Merkur shaves just as well.
It is a lot of $ and I sometimes think I'm nuts for buying it, until I see what people will spend for a Wolfman, Weber, BBS1, etc. There's even some rare Ikon on the bay for $800. As for the Merkur, my first DE was a 34C and you know the saying; YMMV. For me the shave was fair, and the value was excellent, but I have several razors that, for my beard, work much better.

I'm still hoping they do something like ATT and make the options available in aluminum. As someone who doesn't much care for the heavy weight on SS razors, getting a hefty price reduction and a lower weight at the same time would be a win-win for me.

I'm still hoping they do something like ATT and make the options available in aluminum. As someone who doesn't much care for the heavy weight on SS razors, getting a hefty price reduction and a lower weight at the same time would be a win-win for me.
I've read that new things are coming soon. The rumors I've heard have all been about single edge and maybe a slant. Stay tuned.

Your $30 Merkur doesn't shave just as well. You're happy with it and that's great, but I have used Merkur razors and they aren't even in the same league. In fact much better razors than the Merkurs STILL aren't even in the same league.

I've been strongly considering adding a Timeless to my collection. If they start producing a slant, especially an OC slant with the scalloped cap, I don't think I'll be able to stop myself from hitting the buy button.

Your $30 Merkur doesn't shave just as well. You're happy with it and that's great, but I have used Merkur razors and they aren't even in the same league. In fact much better razors than the Merkurs STILL aren't even in the same league.
It shaves just as well, the build quality isnt in the same league. You cant really compare the build quality of a stainless head to a pot metal one. Ive used ATT razors and the Feather AS-D2, which are the same level as the Timeless and they didnt shave me any better than a Merkur or a DE89 does but hey, YMMV, right? ;)

Top Bottom