What's new

Timeless Razors & Den

I own the 95 TI, 68 SST, and .38 Bronze. I mirror your sentiment on timeless razors!

How does the .38 Bronze compare in terms of aggressiveness to the .68 and .95? I have the .68 and .95 in titanium and have been considering the .38 Bronze, but not if it's essentially the same as one of the others.

Very nice.

I had three different, complete 0.68 SS Timeless setups until I sold the last one about 15 months ago. Really love their craftsmanship. I just got tired of accumulating and maintaining a collection; I just am not of such a mindset normally, so found it somewhat bizarre I found myself with a relatively modest collection of 19 razors at one point a couple years ago.

In any event, I have gotten bored with SS DE razors, but am now on the prowl for a titanium DE setup. I'd prefer a lower'ish profile than I had with the 0.68's, but it seems pretty clear the new Slim base plates are very blade forward, so not likely a fit for me as a daily shaver. I'd consider the 0.68 in titanium, but again, prefer to get something more, well, slim (my Blackland Vector has ruined me when it comes to bulky razor heads; I fell in love with how maneuverable the Vector is).

Cool to see a fellow enthusiast who can have at least a time of contentment and no need for further acquisition.

Congratulations on completing your den. It’s a great feeling when you finish a project and get everything set up just the way you like it.

I finished my den earlier this week. A very similar setup to yourself with a single wall unit and a drawer. There’s enough of a selection to keep things interesting without being considered a hoarder.

No den is ever complete without a Timeless Razor, Simpson badger brush, and a puck of Tabac. Nicely done!

Last edited:
How does the .38 Bronze compare in terms of aggressiveness to the .68 and .95? I have the .68 and .95 in titanium and have been considering the .38 Bronze, but not if it's essentially the same as one of the others.
Its been a while since the Bronze was released but from what I remember reading I seem to recall that the .38 Bronze was very similar to the SS/Ti .68 in terms of shave similarity. The .78 Bronze was a little more confusing as some said it was about the same as the SS/Ti .95 and some said it was more in the range of the R41 / Icon Tech being very aggressive. There are a few threads if you use the search function here on the forum in the DE section...

Top Bottom