What's new

Timeless Razor Review: Stainless Steel .95, Titanium .95, Titanium .68 Head to Head

Quick question for you as I'm trying to decide which Timeless baseplate to purchase right now! I saw you mentioned you keep .95 OC for multi-day growth. I'm wondering how to utilize the razor in this situation. For example, do you do a first pass with the .95 OC (which presumably gets rid of the majority of hair and brings you back down to a "non-multiday growth level") and then switch baseplates to a less aggressive one?

Or do you just stick with the .95 OC for all passes of that particular shave?

Thanks!

All good questions!

I never switch plates mid shave although a guy could. If I had the dual comb razor I’d likely go with the OC for pass one and then the SB for the latter two passes.

I rarely go more than a day without a shave. When I do, the .95 OC is just the ticket for my course,thick beard. For daily shaving the .95 SB is the head I use most.

The OC would be too much for me daily.

The Stainless Steel is a more “aggressive” shaver than the Titanium head to head, plate for plate. This is due to the weight. But only by a notch. For example, if I were to rate the razors in terms of efficiency, in order Of the plates I own, on a scale of 1-10, I’d put it this way:

Ti .68 SB - 5
Ti .68 OC - not owned
Ti .95 SB - 7
Ti .95 OC -8
SS.95 SB -8
SS.95 OC - not owned

It’s all subjective and applicable to my face, but gives an example of the differences in efficiency.

@DSR thank you for the kind words!

See my thoughts immediately preceding this post. It sounds like you and I have similar thoughts around other razors. Karve D, Rockwell 6S with a 4-5 plate.

The dual comb is a great idea and worth the extra money compared to buying multiple plates.

My choice would be to go for the .95 SB/OC dual comb if you’re going with Titanium. I think you’ll enjoy it!

Nice detailed review, thank you!
Thinking of buying a Timeless razor, and would appreciate some advice from people who have used it for a while...
Planning to go for polished Titanium, and the dual comb plate: SB/ OC.
But trying to decide which gap... .95 or .68...

I shave every morning before going to work, and my favourite razors so far are Karve CB with D-SB plate (or sometimes C-SB), and Rockwell 6S with plate 4 or 5.
I like how smooth they both are, whilst also being quite efficient.
Suggestions...?
I would suggest you look into the pass around that is on the DE section so you can see which plate would be better for your needs and then go from there...
Quick question for you as I'm trying to decide which Timeless baseplate to purchase right now! I saw you mentioned you keep .95 OC for multi-day growth. I'm wondering how to utilize the razor in this situation. For example, do you do a first pass with the .95 OC (which presumably gets rid of the majority of hair and brings you back down to a "non-multiday growth level") and then switch baseplates to a less aggressive one?

Or do you just stick with the .95 OC for all passes of that particular shave?

Thanks!
I have the Ti95DC and shave every other day. I use the OC for the 1st pass and the SB for the 2nd every shave. Its the only razor I've ever owned that I know every time I pick it up I will get BBS every time with no guessing which angle of attack I need to use, just pick it up and shave!!
Ti95DC.jpg

I had the 95 solid base and the 95 open comb.

I found the solid bar a little to mild and the open comb left me feeling raw.

Amazing razor though i had to send it back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would suggest you look into the pass around that is on the DE section so you can see which plate would be better for your needs and then go from there...

Thank you!
Unfortunately I’m in the UK, so taking part in a (US) pass around is not an option...

But I’ll have a look at people’s thoughts and reviews there, it might give me some more useful info, thank you.

Thank you!
Unfortunately I’m in the UK, so taking part in a (US) pass around is not an option...

But I’ll have a look at people’s thoughts and reviews there, it might give me some more useful info, thank you.

i have both the Rockwell 6C and Timeless SS 0.95 SB. Use plates 5 & 6 on the Rockwell, i would have to say the 0.95 SB SS is considerably more efficient than plate 6 on the rockwell and also smoother, it is an amazing razor.. good luck

Thank you!

Some food for thought - contact Timeless via email as they are extremely helpful. Also on their site it lists suggestions for blade gaps that might be right for you. My experience is Matt at Timeless is always prompt in responding to emails and is most helpful.

Some food for thought - contact Timeless via email as they are extremely helpful. Also on their site it lists suggestions for blade gaps that might be right for you. My experience is Matt at Timeless is always prompt in responding to emails and is most helpful.

I agree, Bob. @DSR I’ve read countless examples where a phone call to Matt has been extremely helpful. I’ve never seen anyone come away purchasing the wrong razor when heeding his advice.

The titanium doesn’t appeal to me. I prefer the weight of stainless steel. However the titanium would be more corrosion resistant. I do seem to get rust transfer from the blades if I don’t change the plates for a week. It’s easy to polish off though

Thank you sir!

With regard to handle, I highly encourage you to get an 85mm version over the 100. I think the added weight would be unwelcome and upset the balance. Having used both the dimple and barber pole version, I lean towards barber pole. The grip is good enough and it’s very sharp looking. Good luck with your decision!

John
John,
You made another sale and I informed Timeless of such. After ~60 years of shaving I have never had such a pleasant shaving experience with my new Ti.95 scl and Feather blade.
Thank you for your contributions.
Malcolm

Those Timeless razors are aesthetically pleasing. Every now and again I do miss the one I let go some time ago. I seem to be getting the itch to build up my razor collection again.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
The purpose of this review is to provide a direct comparison of two very similar, yet different razors from the Timeless Razor Company...

John

John, this is one of the best razor comparison reviews around.

Too many folks leave out the crucial factors - their skin, their whiskers, their style - without which reviews tell us very little.

I have the Timeless Titanium 95 OC and Slim SB. I also have both the Bronze Timeless razors and the Aluminum Timeless razor. Not that I use any of them much, but the 95 is my favorite of the bunch albeit not a Daily Driver candidate.

(Daily Driver is my highest category for my razors and is a very high bar.)

I'm considering switching to the 95 SB or one of the 68 baseplates, and want to thank you for helping me think about what to do.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Top Bottom