What's new

Timeless Lather Bowl Mod Made It Better In My Opinion

I do really like the Timeless Lather Bowl. Two things I wish Timeless would offer is more color choices and a shorter sided Lather Bowl option like my favorite design Lather Bowls. Captains Choice Lather Bowls.

After this modification to my Timeless Lather Bowl its great in my opinion. Almost the size of my Captains Choice Bowls but in a break proof Polymer.

It's a great travel Bowl now.

All The Best Everyone,
Bill G

IMG_3743.JPG

That looks great. Nice job on the Proraso Mug, two thumbs up.

To me to many of these mugs/lather bowls are just to tall on the sides. I don't like it when my brushes clank around.

Bill G

It now has the lather storage capacity of a mosquito's belly button. :laugh:

It has as much lather storage as any of my Captions Choice lather bowls.

There is enough lather storage still for a 10 pass shave if you wanted. How much lather storage do you need??

Also as said I don’t clank my brushes around anymore on the sides when whipping up lather. The main reason I like shorter sided lather bowls such as the Captains Choice brand of lather bowls.

Now it’s a perfect lather bowl in my humble opinion.

All The Best,
Bill G

It has as much lather storage as any of my Captions Choice lather bowls.

There is enough lather storage still for a 10 pass shave if you wanted. How much lather storage do you need??

Also as said I don’t clank my brushes around anymore on the sides when whipping up lather. The main reason I like shorter sided lather bowls such as the Captains Choice brand of lather bowls.

Now it’s a perfect lather bowl in my humble opinion.

All The Best,
Bill G

I totally get it why you shortened it down. It's too small, essentially a mug without a handle. At least now your brush isn't banging on the walls. To my preference that's a loading bowl because it has no storage capacity. If I made lather in it, it will spill everywhere. But for priming the brush that will do a superb job.

These are proper sized lathering bowls.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
I do really like the Timeless Lather Bowl. Two things I wish Timeless would offer is more color choices and a shorter sided Lather Bowl option like my favorite design Lather Bowls. Captains Choice Lather Bowls.

After this modification to my Timeless Lather Bowl its great in my opinion. Almost the size of my Captains Choice Bowls but in a break proof Polymer.

It's a great travel Bowl now.

All The Best Everyone,
Bill G

View attachment 1017708

Great work!! :a14::a14:

I totally get it why you shortened it down. It's too small, essentially a mug without a handle. At least now your brush isn't banging on the walls. To my preference that's a loading bowl because it has no storage capacity. If I made lather in it, it will spill everywhere. But for priming the brush that will do a superb job.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Well my friend your entitled to your opinion. I suppose you think the Captains Choice Lather bowls like the red one I have shown below that are so popular are not appropriate sized lather bowls as well by your standards.

As stated both the bowls in my pic's make enough lather for a 10 pass + shave. How much lather do you need for a shave??. I have to rinse pretty much waist lather down the sink after each shave with these lower profiled bowls. Oh and they don't make a big ol mess all over the place as you suggested at least not in my situation. I get a full quality bowl of lather out of them.

You have a nice bowl collection use what you like and enjoy.

All The Best,
Bill G

IMG_3748.JPG
IMG_3749.JPG

Well my friend your entitled to your opinion. I suppose you think the Captains Choice Lather bowls like the red one I have shown below that are so popular are not appropriate sized lather bowls as well by your standards.

They are popular because most guys face lather. Those that buy the low volume and low profile bowls use them as loading bowls and proceed face lathering. Real bowl latherers are rarer than hens teeth.

My 1 pass may be your 10 pass lather volume. I like a full Santa beard.

Did you use a hand saw?

I used a small hand electric grinder with a super thin cutting wheel. I taped a perfect line around the bowl with blue masking tape (making sure it was perfectly straight). I used this as a guide around the bowl. I cut around the bowl straight through following the tape line. Then I snapped the cut piece off the top. Then I slowly shaped the top and leveled the cut with a metal flat file. Then I scraped carefully and cleaned up the edge with an exacto knife.

The plastic melts a little so you got to take your time. I was surprised to be honest how it turned out.

All The Best,
Bill G

They are popular because most guys face lather. Those that buy the low volume and low profile bowls use them as loading bowls and proceed face lathering. Real bowl latherers are rarer than hens teeth.

My 1 pass may be your 10 pass lather volume. I like a full Santa beard.

Fair enough,

Now that you added your dealing with a Santa beard, Lol I get it now. I shave every other day like most so my needs like most are a lot different than yours.

Thanks for the extra clarification.

All The Best,
Bill G

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php
proxy.php

proxy.php

On another note or small point here,

Also the issues shown in the Timeless lather bowl video you posted is exactly the reason I cut the Timeless bowls sides down. Those issues shown with shorter side walls on the bowl pretty much go completely away. No brush clanking room to now to maneuver whip lather even though the bottom of the bowl is a little narrower as stated.

Now it's a darn good lather bowl and a great travel bowl (non breakable option) for the average daily or every second third day even weekly shaver.

All The Best,
Bill G

On another note or small point here,

Also the issues shown in the Timeless lather bowl video you posted is exactly the reason I cut the Timeless bowls sides down. Those issues shown with shorter side walls on the bowl pretty much go completely away. No brush clanking room to now to maneuver whip lather even though the bottom of the bowl is a little narrower as stated.

Now it's a darn good lather bowl and a great travel bowl (non breakable option) for the average daily or every second third day even weekly shaver.

All The Best,
Bill G

If Timeless made a version identical to yours, just an inch wider, I'd buy one for myself.

Top Bottom