What's new

Timeless Crown Titanium Handle

Question for @DavidV and @pdillon - I'm strongly considering ordering a .68 Ti with this new Crown handle, love the design. You both are using the scalloped top plate and pdillon is using the scalloped base. My first impression is that the scalloped top cap might just glide a little easier across the face due to the scalloping, but what are your thoughts or reasons for choosing the scalloped cap and/or base over the smooth/solid cap and base? Does the scalloped base give a bit more blade feel like an open comb would, just somewhere in the middle?

Thanks for any feedback!
The scalloped cap is only cosmetic as far as I can tell. I have both caps and don't really feel a difference.

Question for @DavidV and @pdillon - I'm strongly considering ordering a .68 Ti with this new Crown handle, love the design. You both are using the scalloped top plate and pdillon is using the scalloped base. My first impression is that the scalloped top cap might just glide a little easier across the face due to the scalloping, but what are your thoughts or reasons for choosing the scalloped cap and/or base over the smooth/solid cap and base? Does the scalloped base give a bit more blade feel like an open comb would, just somewhere in the middle?

Thanks for any feedback!
Hello! I ordered the scalloped top cap for aesthetics, I have the stainless in 68 and 95 with the standard top cap and the 68 stainless is exactly the same feel for me. Aesthetics only... You didn’t ask but I will add that the quality of the shave is similar to my Rockwell 6S and my RazoRock MJ-90A, these are my 3 all time favorite razors with the nod going to Timeless.

Hello! I ordered the scalloped top cap for aesthetics, I have the stainless in 68 and 95 with the standard top cap and the 68 stainless is exactly the same feel for me. Aesthetics only... You didn’t ask but I will add that the quality of the shave is similar to my Rockwell 6S and my RazoRock MJ-90A, these are my 3 all time favorite razors with the nod going to Timeless.
Thank you for the feedback.

That's kinda what I'm lining up is a comparo of a few of this style of razor. I have a 6S already, have the .68 Ti scalloped inbound and also managed to scare up a Tatara Masamune to play around with as well. What a fantastic lineup to be able to compare!

Thanks for any feedback!
Scalloped base was an easy decision because it is middle of the road. .68 scalloped does not have much blade feel. I have not used the safety bar but I would not expect significant difference.

I agonized over the top cap more than a grown man should. I have heard that it glides more easily, but I believe the standard line that it is purely aesthetic. Some people don't like the aesthetic of the scalloped cap, but I ultimately went with it because it seems like the Timeless signature and I wanted to go all in.

If you're anything like me, you will really enjoy your Ti .68. It is my top razor. It took a while for me to appreciate it as such--I wondered whether I had wasted the money because my ss Lupo or iKon deluxe were giving just as good shaves-+but once I found the right blade (Astra SP, for me) and started using a steep angle, the Timeless became my ideal daily shaver.

I liked the Masamune a lot, but ultimately sold it because I couldn't get close shaves. I used it almost daily for at least 2 months so I think I gave it a good shot, but sometimes I wish I still had it. The Timeless is a much more natural razor for me but sometimes I think I might have been able to "learn' the Masamune with even mkre practice.

M

member 119848

This new handle is surely grippy and ergonomic, but I don´t find it to be pretty. It is an aggressive design.

Thanks for the feedback @pdillon - appreciate it!

Timeless isn't far away, so my polished Ti .68 showed up today. Love the Crown handle and holy cow this thing is a looker!

IMG_5766.jpg

Top Bottom