What's new

Timeless Crown Titanium Handle

I have one on the way! The Timeless Ti .95 is in my top-two razor rotation, and this handle looks like a fantastic option to add to the arsenal...at a very reasonable price, no less.

The distinction about knurling is lost on me. Anyone know what they're getting at?
Normally during production a knurling tool is used to knurl a handle and is why the knurls feel grippy. What Timeless did here was cut the entire handle on the CNC machine and though it looks like it was knurled, it actually wasn't and therefor it won't be as grippy as one that was knurled...if that makes any sense at all!!

These are my 3 Timeless
Ti .95 SB, Ti OC .95, and SS SC .68

I have used the Ti handle on the SS and it is very nice, but I like not having to assemble a razor when I am ready to use it, so I bought 3 complete razors.

The Ti SB .95 seems to be the best fit for me, little blade feel, very efficient and I have been using it everyday for the last week and a half since I got it.

For me I can not use the Ti OC .95 everyday, and when I had only the 2 I switched off every other day, at this point I am thinking of keeping just the Ti SB .95, we will see.

Never have had any problem with the Ti handle, if they add it to their offering on Amazon I may pick one up, I have a good amount of credit on Amazon.
0091614E-6903-4626-8DE8-48B6A06713AD.jpeg

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
These are my 3 Timeless
Ti .95 SB, Ti OC .95, and SS SC .68

I have used the Ti handle on the SS and it is very nice, but I like not having to assemble a razor when I am ready to use it, so I bought 3 complete razors.

The Ti SB .95 seems to be the best fit for me, little blade feel, very efficient and I have been using it everyday for the last week and a half since I got it.

For me I can not use the Ti OC .95 everyday, and when I had only the 2 I switched off every other day, at this point I am thinking of keeping just the Ti SB .95, we will see.

Never have had any problem with the Ti handle, if they add it to their offering on Amazon I may pick one up, I have a good amount of credit on Amazon.View attachment 1222914
Like Jaclyn, Kate and Farrah.

Handle arrived this afternoon. I have not had a chance to shave with it but my first impressions are positive. The handle is radiant, it really seems to catch the light. The comment about knurling now makes sense: the pattern feels more like a light texture than the deep, grippy knurling of other handles. I do think it will still be a little more grippy than the other titanium handle, although for me personally grippiness is not a concern despite the fact that I am a sloppy shaver who gets water and soap everywhere; just rinse a handle with warm water as soon as you feel it start to slip: problem solved. What surprised me about this handle was that it was noticeably lighter than the other handle. I confirmed in the specs that it is ~43 grams vs 51. I wouldn't think I would necessarily be able to detect a difference of 8 grams, but the handle is also longer so the weight is also more distributed; the spiral handle just feels a little denser. The crown handle seems to provide a very nice alternative to the classic spiral handle. I can't wait to shave with it.
PXL_20210219_023052409.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20210219_023534889.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20210219_023615759.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20210219_023007735.PORTRAIT.jpg

This handle is really stunning - just arrived so I grabbed my Ti and took a few pics.... it gives the already elegant Timeless a really exclusive look! Feels great in the hand as well!

Attachments

• 94D757EC-F36E-4796-9382-70BEC7D489CD.jpeg
    94D757EC-F36E-4796-9382-70BEC7D489CD.jpeg
    5.3 MB · Views: 73
  • FE41DB1F-6933-43FB-B69A-FB805EA8E804.jpeg
    FE41DB1F-6933-43FB-B69A-FB805EA8E804.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 74
  • 6ADDCD9C-8E05-4A2C-BE4E-83810A21DDF4.jpeg
    6ADDCD9C-8E05-4A2C-BE4E-83810A21DDF4.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 71
  • 6B947915-B948-425B-9E98-1BE8ED671198.jpeg
    6B947915-B948-425B-9E98-1BE8ED671198.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 73
  • CF9001AE-68E0-4594-9A0D-C9384576DD0B.jpeg
    CF9001AE-68E0-4594-9A0D-C9384576DD0B.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 72
  • B966CF8E-BAEF-4496-8ADE-BEBB58403E1F.jpeg
    B966CF8E-BAEF-4496-8ADE-BEBB58403E1F.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 71
Normally during production a knurling tool is used to knurl a handle and is why the knurls feel grippy. What Timeless did here was cut the entire handle on the CNC machine and though it looks like it was knurled, it actually wasn't and therefor it won't be as grippy as one that was knurled...if that makes any sense at all!!
I’m afraid that I will have to disagree with your statement.
It does not play a role whether
a pattern was knurled or milled ,regarding the resulting amount of grip.

Milled patterns can surpass knurled patterns ,regarding the
amount of grip.

Knurling is done with a special tool ,usually having two HSS wheels with opposing patterns .
Much like this one :

Knurling does not remove material from the workpiece ,
but rather displaces material.
This means that the diameter of a knurled rod will be larger than the initial diameter the rod had before knurling.So knurling will
dimensionally alter the workpiece.And of course,it is
a far easier and quicker way to
produce a grip pattern than milling the same pattern.

Milling a grip pattern will not
alter the diameter of the workpiece,
while has higher precision
and lower tolerances ,
than knurling.
But it is more time ,tool and energy consuming by far versus
knurling.

The amount of grip is determined by the pattern itself,
the depth of knurling/milling,
the density /size of the patterns
and the possible finish applied
(like sand blasting,polishing,acid etching ,etc ).

Lastly,knurling can produce only
few patterns ( diamond,crossed spiral aka barberpole,plain spiral and few more,
whereas milling can produce whatever the human imagination can come up with .

Those are the main differences,
between knurling a grip pattern
vs milling a grip pattern .

^^ wow, great explanation. Looks like a great handle. I had my eye on a stork python last year that had a shape like this and regret not buying it.

Question for @DavidV and @pdillon - I'm strongly considering ordering a .68 Ti with this new Crown handle, love the design. You both are using the scalloped top plate and pdillon is using the scalloped base. My first impression is that the scalloped top cap might just glide a little easier across the face due to the scalloping, but what are your thoughts or reasons for choosing the scalloped cap and/or base over the smooth/solid cap and base? Does the scalloped base give a bit more blade feel like an open comb would, just somewhere in the middle?

Thanks for any feedback!

Top Bottom