What's new

Timeless Crown Titanium Handle

Looks great in the matte. Any issues with grip or anything?
Was using the old polished handle, found it slippery, put my matte handle on my polished head, was good. The polished Crown is light years ahead of the old polished one. Grippy, the narrower part toward the top is way better too. The razor now just “dances” around my face while shaving. Very comfortable, very maneuverable, and no slippage

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
My Crown finally arrived. Timeless really is probably the best company in the DE razor business. They just know how to do it right. Very impressive. Paired with my Ti .95 SB with smooth cap (polished), it gives my Wolfman WR2 a run for its money for the title of #1 in my den.
High praise, indeed! :cool:

Mine came today it does take the razor to another level esthetically, like the extra 5mm.
2C0ECE46-8F3E-40D5-BEA8-45E9365589F9.jpeg

I was curious as well and wrote to maggards and this is their reply :

"Yes but it will be a few weeks - we're adding it to our next Timeless order."

Actually asking them, a concept that eluded me 😅 Thank you Sir, i'll wait for that to happen then

Love the looks of this new handle, especially compared to the original, and seriously considering getting the Ti version. I love the feel of the Blackland Vector handle. Can anyone compare the two?? I believe the Timeless Titanium THR8 Crown weighs slightly less. How does the thickness of the handles compare?

I just acquired both the Timeless Crown handle and Blackland Vector razor. I'm not able to measure/compare them side by side at the moment, but the Vector handle is certainly narrower. I think it would be too narrow for my tastes if paired with a DE head, but its perfect for the minimal Vector SE, where anything thicker would feel wrong, sorta like stirring your coffee with a soup spoon.

The Crown handle is stout, though lightweight. I've currently got it on my Hawk SE, but not sure what it's ultimate pairing will be. (I don't currently own any other hardware from Timeless).

Handle arrived this afternoon. I have not had a chance to shave with it but my first impressions are positive. The handle is radiant, it really seems to catch the light. The comment about knurling now makes sense: the pattern feels more like a light texture than the deep, grippy knurling of other handles. I do think it will still be a little more grippy than the other titanium handle, although for me personally grippiness is not a concern despite the fact that I am a sloppy shaver who gets water and soap everywhere; just rinse a handle with warm water as soon as you feel it start to slip: problem solved. What surprised me about this handle was that it was noticeably lighter than the other handle. I confirmed in the specs that it is ~43 grams vs 51. I wouldn't think I would necessarily be able to detect a difference of 8 grams, but the handle is also longer so the weight is also more distributed; the spiral handle just feels a little denser. The crown handle seems to provide a very nice alternative to the classic spiral handle. I can't wait to shave with it.
View attachment 1225072View attachment 1225073View attachment 1225074View attachment 1225079
I just bought the exact same set up this morning! :) Ti .95 Scalloped Top and plate with the new Crown handle! CANT WAIT !!

I’m afraid that I will have to disagree with your statement.
It does not play a role whether
a pattern was knurled or milled ,regarding the resulting amount of grip.

Milled patterns can surpass knurled patterns ,regarding the
amount of grip.

Knurling is done with a special tool ,usually having two HSS wheels with opposing patterns .
Much like this one :

Knurling does not remove material from the workpiece ,
but rather displaces material.
This means that the diameter of a knurled rod will be larger than the initial diameter the rod had before knurling.So knurling will
dimensionally alter the workpiece.And of course,it is
a far easier and quicker way to
produce a grip pattern than milling the same pattern.

Milling a grip pattern will not
alter the diameter of the workpiece,
while has higher precision
and lower tolerances ,
than knurling.
But it is more time ,tool and energy consuming by far versus
knurling.

The amount of grip is determined by the pattern itself,
the depth of knurling/milling,
the density /size of the patterns
and the possible finish applied
(like sand blasting,polishing,acid etching ,etc ).

Lastly,knurling can produce only
few patterns ( diamond,crossed spiral aka barberpole,plain spiral and few more,
whereas milling can produce whatever the human imagination can come up with .

Those are the main differences,
between knurling a grip pattern
vs milling a grip pattern .
Thank you so much for sharing your obvious knowledge on this topic! I learned something today!

Top Bottom