What's new

Timeless Comparison: .95, .68, "Slim", Ti & SS

On the subject of Timeless in general, havi g only a couple of shaves with the .38 closed comb with the bronze, Im surprised just how efficient it is, almost as much as the .95 when i had it

Timeless SS .68 OC & Tatara Masamune OC are my favorites right now, pretty much all I’m using. Both give smooth but efficient shaves, smoother than anything else I’ve tried.

To answer your question, yes I got some irritation with the OC slim plate, but to be fair I never really gave it an honest shot. It would have taken way too much concentration for me, something I don’t appreciate when shaving early in the morning before work. I was more than happy with the .68 plates, so it didn’t make sense to keep forcing myself to try the Slim any longer.

The only “blade forward/aggressive” razor I’ve really been able to use without irritation is the titanium Blackbird. It has a lot of blade feel to it, but the combination of small gap and light weight made it work well for me.

FWIW, I no longer own or use any DE razors. In fact, the only razor I use now is the titanium Vector I just got. For several months before that, I only used the SS Vector. I’ve never found another razor that can compare to how close the Vector shaves, while staying very comfortable and not irritating my skin at all.
Thank you for your feedback!
Regarding the Blackbird and the Vector - did you opt for the safety bar version or the OC?

FWIW, I no longer own or use any DE razors. In fact, the only razor I use now is the titanium Vector I just got. For several months before that, I only used the SS Vector. I’ve never found another razor that can compare to how close the Vector shaves, while staying very comfortable and not irritating my skin at all.
Can you compare the ss and ti vector? What about the lack of oc with the ti?

We seem to have many similar preferences. I have struggled with neck irritation for over a decade of casual wetshaving. Lately I have been falling in love with the Blackland Sabre. I also get very good results with the Timeless Ti scalloped .68. Both of these leave my neck in good shape, and I can shave with them daily.

I am interested in the Vector for a few reasons. Many people who like the Sabre also like or even favor the Vector. Secondly, I frequently accumulate 5-7 days worth of growth and I wonder if the Vector, particularly the oc might do better with this level of growth.

Thank you for your feedback!
Regarding the Blackbird and the Vector - did you opt for the safety bar version or the OC?

The Ti Blackbird and Ti Vector are only available in SB. I have both plates for the SS Vector. Although I have a tendency to prefer OC DE razors, my personal preference for the Vector is the SB plate. However, there are a lot of guys that prefer the OC, so I think it’s definitely worth trying both and figuring out for yourself.

Can you compare the ss and ti vector? What about the lack of oc with the ti?

We seem to have many similar preferences. I have struggled with neck irritation for over a decade of casual wetshaving. Lately I have been falling in love with the Blackland Sabre. I also get very good results with the Timeless Ti scalloped .68. Both of these leave my neck in good shape, and I can shave with them daily.

I am interested in the Vector for a few reasons. Many people who like the Sabre also like or even favor the Vector. Secondly, I frequently accumulate 5-7 days worth of growth and I wonder if the Vector, particularly the oc might do better with this level of growth.

Just to keep this thread from being too derailed, check out the below links for more discussion on the Vector as well as comparisons between SS and Ti. But to answer your questions directly, I really liked the Sabre for a smooth and comfortable shave, but it was a bit clunky and heavy for me. The Sabre in Ti would probably peak my interest to revisit that platform. The Vector really isn’t a direct comparison even though they are both SE, the 2 razors shave and feel very different. The Vector is much more “direct”, the design is extremely unique and gives the user complete control and confidence.

I usually shave every day but Sunday, so it’s hard for me to comment too much on the OC’s performance with multiple days of growth. However, I recently had leave and went a full week without shaving. The SS Vector SB had no problems taking it down.

Last edited:
Bumping for more comparisons between Timeless .68 and .95 SB against Tatara Masamune/Nodachi variants (also SB).

I've worked my way "up" to a Gamechanger .84-P from a .68-P, and I wonder if I'm missing anything.

I'm not against OCs, and have mulled over the idea of dropping the gap, and playing with a .68 OC base plate on my Gamechanger.

As another data point, without this forum I'd likely be "done" with razor lust. I'm bonding with my Gamechanger nicely:straight:

Thanks!
... Thom

Top Bottom