What's new

Timeless Bronze

Hi,

I have a Timeless 0.95 SB Titanium but was thinking of purchasing just the bronze 0.38 cap and plate only (from the bargain scratch and dent offers) and use it with the Titanium handle.

Does anyone use a Ti handle on their Timeless bronze? Does it balance and look ok?

How does the bronze shave compared to the Ti? Is it worth buying for something a bit different, for a daily driver?

Thanks

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

I had a 0.96 SB Stainless and sold it. Wonderfull razor but a little boring. Now I have Timeless Bronze 0.78. It is a beast. Take me a long time to master it but now it provide me with amazing shaves. This and Blackbird are two of my favorite razors. Best shaves I ever had.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
I had a .68 OC Stainless. Didn’t like it if I’m being honest. Had no desire to try the .95 because I felt the .68 was a bit more aggressive than advertised. I also bought the .78 Bronze and the .38. I sold the .78 as I prefer an OC with no gap, but I kept the .38 SB. The .38 SB Bronze is my most used DE razor and has been for about a year and a half. My second most used DE is a Gillette Slim, but it doesn’t even get half as much use as the Bronze. For me, the Timeless Bronze is their best razor.

I don’t understand this reply. The Timeless Bronze SB (which is what the OP asked about) is not an aggressive razor at all.

I have the same experience with the Bronze SB. On paper, .38 with a SB looks meek, but in actual use, not even close. My best comparison is that it feels like the Rex on setting 5. Like the Rex, I grab my slickest soap for this one. One of the few razors I have that will give me a 2 pass BBS.

@Monty1 I have used all the combinations you mention. This bronze will be extremely head heavy when paired with a Ti handle.

The bronze also shaves 100% differently as well due to the design. I found it much trickier to get a good shave from it than the Ti, as the angle wasn’t as forgiving or intuitive on the bronze.

only in the de wet shaving game two months or so. ( I have thick coarse fast growing multi multi directional beard) Have tried merkur 34c , feather as d2 and feather as d2 with an OC ikon baseplate.
No matter what I did I could not get a BBS shave. Came very close but lots of irritation and not bbs. Me being me I blamed the tool
( I am sure with better technique bbs is possible for my face with these tools)

I read through several threads here. Found timeless and the bronze oc.
First shave with the timeless bronze oc on a 4 day beard and viola BBS.
Very happy. Ordered a bronze sb plate just too see.
Only thing I don’t like is top cap is a bit light. Guess I am just use to weight of as asd2 top cap

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I have a 68 and 95 stainless, the Aluminum, and the SB Bronze. They all shave differently. They all shave great. The Bronze is a unique shaver with a nice result. If your looking for a change of pace, go for it. Don’t overlook the Aluminum either. It’s a great razor for a reasonable price. $75 with a stand. Super light weight too. I enjoy them all.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
same here. always wanted the bronze, but i have the TI with .95 and .68 base. so i never got it. i might get just the base plate though and use it with the TI handle. that sounds interesting.

It IS a soft metal, I think. Too many of the Gillette New Improved (whatever the fat-handled beautiful one Bostonian etc.) are bent when dropped.

Drop the titanium and you might break a bathroom tile! Hard metal!

AA

I have the Ti .68SB, Aluminum and Bronze .38SB. The Ti is my favorite with the Aluminum as #2 and Bronze as #3. They each have a different feel and produce a great shave. The Bronze SB can produce a DFS or BBS shave in two passes. Ignore the blade gap, the Bronze is more aggressive than you would think for it’s gap as is the Aluminum. I had the SS .68SB and SS .95SB and found them just too heavy for me so I sold them. The Bronze is heavy too, but it’s just such a looker you have to have it in your Den.

Top Bottom