What's new

Timeless Bronze Vs TI Baby Smooth

I'm on the fence. can't get both right now. I actually pulled the trigger on the BS but realized i paid with the wrong card and cancelled it. It's a limited run. I have no idea what either shaves like beyond what I've read.

One of my favorite all time razors, non slant, is the Weber polished head. Another is the Gillette Rocket HD. I have a Mamba, and while I can get BBS out of it, it doesn't last the whole day. That's the mark I need to hit. smooth comfortable, and lasts the whole day. by 2 I have stubble from the Mamba. It's later in the evening from the Wunderbar, Weber, Rocket HD, etc.
They are similarly priced, so that's not a factor. Can some one compare them to a razor I am f familiar with? It's the BS just a hair more aggressive than the Mamba? maybe someone can tell me in, let's say Slim settings what they are like? Or it's like a SuperSpeed. or it's like a Red tip? I have tamed thr beast, but I find I just don't want that much blade feel. it did teach no pressure though. Anyway, my brothers, I am torn and need advice. Can't do get both right now, so not that advice lol.

Thanks,

Enabler #44

If you like the Mamba, you will love the Ti Baby Smooth. I find it more efficient, at the cost of being slightly more aggressive, but still very smooth and unlikely to bite unless your technique is ridiculously off or you make a habit of shaving while really drunk. I found the Mamba too mild and sold it, but I still use the Ti BS and it has its place in my rotation. It's especially worth considering now that the final batch is being sold and there will be no more after (supposedly).

The Mamba was DE shaving with training wheels for me. Reminded me of the Feather AS-D1. Too mild.

The Ti BS is a more aggressive. I’m very specific how I use it. A new Super Iridium and anywhere from 24-48 hours growth.

Perfect shaves every time. In fact it easily rivals the Wolfman .74, Weber, or Charcoal L2 and is just a touch behind my Paradigm 17-4.

The magic for me is a sharp fresh blade in milder razors. In the 17-4 I can use an Iridium on its 4th use.

Knowing this will never be produced again I jumped at the chance to grab a backup.

I'm going to join the supporters of the Ti Baby Smooth. To me it was the find of 2017. It gave such a smooth no fuss shave and felt so confidence inspiring. Just a great razor.

I do not have a Timeless Bronze, but rather the stainless 0.95 open comb version. I also have the Ti baby smooth. I personally feel the Ti is the better shaver - very smooth and efficient. The Timeless is the looker. I would buy the Ti first if I had to choose. Both are great razors. I never used the Bronze and that razor is reported to be a great shaver, but it is also still in production and widey available if you want to try it in the future.
Steve

Ti Baby Smooth is significantly better for me than the Mamba. I provides for me a closer longer lasting shave than the Mamba. I could never get a BBS shave with the Mamba but I appreciate how forgiving it is.
Get the Ti Baby Smooth since it’s the last batch, you can always sell it and get the other one.

So the Ti Baby Smooth arrived today. The same day the Timeless is going back. I got the OC and it was brutal on my face to say the least. I did a Mid-day shave with the Baby Smooth and it's very nice. I'm pretty happy so far. It has just the right amount of blade feel for me. Now i am looking forward to the Game Changer. :)

So the Ti Baby Smooth arrived today. The same day the Timeless is going back. I got the OC and it was brutal on my face to say the least. I did a Mid-day shave with the Baby Smooth and it's very nice. I'm pretty happy so far. It has just the right amount of blade feel for me. Now i am looking forward to the Game Changer. :)
I love the Ti Baby Smooth so much I bought a backup when I found out they were going to be discontinued. I find myself liking the weight and matte finish of titanium. Maybe a titanium Timeless is in order.

proxy.php

Ended up putting this titanium bead blasted Jurgen Hempel handle on the titanium baby smooth and looks to be a perfect color match and overall great combo. That handle used to be on my Rocnel SE50 and it was just screaming for a new head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
proxy.php

Top Bottom