What's new

Timeless Bronze advise please

Well I pulled the trigger yesterday and ordered a Timeless Bronze so it should be hear in a couple of days. I was hoping for some advise on finding the sweet spot as to razor/ blade combination and for any other thoughts you may have.

The razor is on the mild side. That's good and bad. The good is, even with somewhat sensitive skin, I can drive it daily with no irritation. The bad is I don't really like to shave everyday and the Bronze takes a lot of effort to tackle 3 or 4 days growth.

As to blades, because it is so mild, I only use sharp blades. Feather or Kai. Even with those, you'd have to try pretty hard to cut yourself. It would be a great razor to learn on, imo.

I'm so hoping Timeless drops a new baseplate on us early in '18. If not, mine will likely be on BST.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

EB Newfarm

Cane? I'm Able!
I do not have a tough beard, and I love my Bronze Timeless. I have tried 12 other modern razors, and the Timeless is really a work of art, and a very easy-going razor. I use Gillette 7 o'clock greens and am very happy. I agree with loot, it seems like you would have to try to cut yourself. It is my most recent addition, wish I had bought it first. Just like MWF, and my Simpson Chubby in Super - everything else I have now seems like second rate.

Congratulations!

My favorite combo is a mild/moderate razor with a sharp blade. To me this looks like where you are heading also.

I love this razor, and I can get a very close shave from it. The heft and balance are nearly perfect for me. You'll find the sweet spot in no time, but even if you miss it you'll experience a comfortable shave.

When I received it, it was so shiny it looked out of place next to everything else in my bathroom. After a couple of months though, the shine has dissipated and a nice darker patina is beginning to develop in the nooks and crannies. It's really a good looking razor. I've thought of chemically accelerating patina formation but haven't decided yet.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
when it arrives, send it to me and I will work out the angles and report back to you

ha ha ha

jk congrats nice razor
I love the timeless and have considered adding this one. let us know how you like it

forgot to mention that today I received a Truefitt & Hill sample package, look forward to a new and exciting upcoming week!!

I love this razor, and I can get a very close shave from it. The heft and balance are nearly perfect for me. You'll find the sweet spot in no time, but even if you miss it you'll experience a comfortable shave.

When I received it, it was so shiny it looked out of place next to everything else in my bathroom. After a couple of months though, the shine has dissipated and a nice darker patina is beginning to develop in the nooks and crannies. It's really a good looking razor. I've thought of chemically accelerating patina formation but haven't decided yet.
I'm curious to your cleaning/storing practices. It stay in the bathroom? You wipe it down after use? Etc.

Mine has yet to turn. I'm sure it's because I keep it dry when not in use.

I'm curious to your cleaning/storing practices. It stay in the bathroom? You wipe it down after use? Etc.

Mine has yet to turn. I'm sure it's because I keep it dry when not in use.

Yes, it stays in the bathroom next to the sink and the room is usually on the humid side. I wipe the handle off before placing it back in the stand but never wipe the head. I generally keep 3 razors loaded and ready so the Timeless gets used about every 3 days. The shine is gone. The razor is darkening in places but it still looks relatively new.

I bought some liver of sulfur recently to accelerate patina but I'm not convinced that I want to use it.

If you haven't received your razor yet...you may get some relief by watching the new Timeless Bronze review on IAMCDB on youtube...not sure if I can mention that here :001_unsur

My best shaves with this razor have been with Astra SP, but after over a week of use, I find it's easier to get a couple of weepers than a close shave. I really want to like this razor, but it's no feather AS D2.

Well I pulled the trigger yesterday and ordered a Timeless Bronze so it should be hear in a couple of days. I was hoping for some advise on finding the sweet spot as to razor/ blade combination and for any other thoughts you may have.
Congratulations! I love my Timeless Bronze DE. I use either Personna red (Israeli) or POL Silver blades. Perfect BBS shaves every time with minimal risk of injury.

*I did recently acquire the open comb cap for this razor. For any of you out there who aren’t getting a buzz out of the Timeless Bronze straight bar, kick it up a notch and get the OC cap - rivals the Muhle R41 for firepower! :gunsmilie:

Did you ever get your timeless Btonze? Hoe did it work for you?

FWIW with a mild razor I can get a closer shave with a less cushioned shave cream, like Cremo, Kiss My Face, or Trader Joes. Any of those and a feather or Kai blade helps in getting a closer shave. For my aggressive razors, Bronze OC, Ikon Tech, etc, I use the most cushioned lather I can get, MWF, to avoid nicks.

I use Kai and Feathers and the Timeless gets me there I just prefer a more aggressive razor, and lately I have I have been buying vintage Gillette's that I enjoy very much.

Top Bottom