What's new

Timeless Bronze .38 Gap

Newbie to B&B, Ive been a wet shaver for about 2 years and am looking at the beautiful looking Timeless Bronze with a .38 gap. Razors in my Den are a Mergress XL (My Fav), 1959 FatBoy E-4, Rockwell 6S. I typically do a 3 pass shave and I shave daily. For daily use I set the Mergress at 2.5, Fatboy at 3 and Rockwell plate 3. Will the Timeless feel to mild at the .38 blade gap?

Welcome to B&B. I have a Timeless SS razor with the .68 SB configuration. It is one of my favorite razors. I don't have the bronze so can't off an opinion.

I have had the bronze Sb and the ti .95. I sold the bronze if that tells you anything. The .95 is with every red cent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have had the bronze Sb and the ti .95. I sold the bronze if that tells you anything. The .95 is with every red cent.

I sold the 95 and kept the Bronze if that tells you anything.

No, gap tells you very little . The Bronze has greater exposure so the gap is misleading.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

No, gap tells you very little . The Bronze has greater exposure so the gap is misleading.

I would agree. I didn’t say it was inefficient. Just that I much prefer the shave of the .95. Don’t know if it was the weight or the exposure but I ended up with much more irritation and weepers with the bronze and for me it was not even close to as efficient. To each their own. I would say the blade gap is very misleading on the bronze.

I would agree. I didn’t say it was inefficient. Just that I much prefer the shave of the .95. Don’t know if it was the weight or the exposure but I ended up with much more irritation and weepers with the bronze and for me it was not even close to as efficient. To each their own. I would say the blade gap is very misleading on the bronze.

I shave my head against the grain and the extra rigidity of the bronze and aluminum razors make it more effective in that task. Not by a lot mind you, but given how expensive the 95 was I couldn't rationalize keeping it at the time.

I don't think you are going to find it mild. I shave with my Fatboy on 6 and I find my Bronze to be smooth and efficient. I have the solid bar version and it gets the job done! I just got BBS this morning with three passes and no touch up.
20200505_115604.jpg

Last edited:
I have the Bronze .38SB. It’s a heavy razor and not near as smooth as a SS or Ti .68SB. I used it exclusively for about a month then the weight got to me. It is a looker, but consider that it will need to be polished unless you like a patina on it. I still have mine, but it doesn’t get used much.

It's not mild or inefficient but it definitely is heavy. Smooth and comfortable with the right angle. Wish they would make one in SS.

The Timeless Bronze TRBR38 is my daily driver and I shave every day. Although the TRBR38 has a narrow blade gap it is still efficient based on the head design and blade exposure. It took me a solid week of shaves to adjust to the weight of the razor. In the beginning my “light touch/No pressure” was too ham fisted due to the weight of the razor. I find it smooth and can dial it up (Permasharp Super) or down (Gillette Winner) whenever I want. I also use the Timeless Aluminum ALSB45 which has the same head design and is super lite. This head design works well for my face and shaves. The Timeless Bronze is beautiful and the craftsmanship is fantastic. Between Timeless Razor’s return policy and the BST you can’t go wrong if you really want to try it. I recommend contacting Timeless Razor and discussing with them how you shave, your stubble factor, and current razors, they will steer you the right direction.
9358E278-53AF-43F4-8D67-B2F59B32C559.jpeg

I’ve used a bronze Timeless & didn’t consider it a mild razor. I consider it a smooth razor that is efficient. Good suggestion from @GNR about calling Timeless.

The .68 timeless (in either SS or Ti) feels almost identical to the Rockwell plate 3 to me. I have the bronze too and it is a totally different feel. More blade feel and less forgiving than the .68 timeless, Rockwell plate 3 and Fatboy setting 3. I think you’d be happier with a .68 timeless

for a .38 blade gap I've heard a lot of people say it feels a lot more aggressive then what you'd think. My SS Timeless .68 is one of my favorite razors.

This. The head geometry has much more impact than the blade gap (you'll notice a short, flat SB). My bronze is one of the smoothest, most efficient razors I've used, but I wouldn't include "mild" in the description. It's easy to get out over your skis with this razor as far as angle of attack, which likely accounts for some of the "aggressive" comments in reviews. It's a heavy razor (which I like), so not necessarily a beginner's razor either, especially combined with the efficiency, but a great razor and in my opinion now a classic. Not bad looking either. :thumbup1:

Last edited:
Bloom Water / Proraso Green Pre Shave
Fine Stout Synthetic Brush
B&M Reserve Classic Soap
ATT Windsor SE1 / Feather Pro Guard Blade (1)
Alum Stick / Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel
Stirling Unscented Post Shave Balm
Stirling Sharp Dressed Man Eau de Toilette

DFS/BBS shave but had 6 weepers and some irritation so may just return to Kai Captain Guarded blade. Feather may be too aggressive for me. Will try it again, but think I have made the right conclusion.

Top Bottom