What's new

Timeless Bitsa

Just got my Timeless .68 SB. I bought the SS top cap and .68 Ti base plate, which amounts to 31g. I did not fancy the weight of the whole SS head. I also didn't buy a handle as I wanted to use a handle around 60g maybe 70g at most. Here it is paired with a Razorock UFO and Haloed UFO handle, both weighing 60g. It feels great in the hand at this weight and balance.

1593451873147.png

1593451929816.png

Obviously I had to have a go on it ASP so first shave was with a Nacet on 2 days growth. What can I say? Very nice. Very nice. To be honest it feels very like my Game Changer .68 OC. That's not a bad thing. I consider the GC .68 OC to be a fantastic razor and the Timeless had to be at least as smooth, comfortable and efficient as that, especially against the grain. Why would it be worth keeping it wasn't?

There's a little blade feel but very comfortable and no way is it too mild for me. I am impressed and I am relieved about that. There's no point buying something at this price and winging about it but we do want the razor to be something above average eh? I was also a bit worried about the Bitsa approach, and mixing stainless parts with Ti parts, but it has paid off. The smooth SS top cap weighs 14.1g and the Ti SB plate weighs 16.9g making 31g. The same configuration in SS is 55g and Ti is 25g, so the Bitsa is a nice middle ground. I like it a lot and will no doubt use it exclusively for a wee while, then I will use the GC .68 and draw some conclusions about them together.

There's plenty already been said about the quality of production. It's top notch and I have nothing to add. Well one thing maybe...I was surprised to find they hadn't polished the bottom of the base plate. That's probably a minor quibble but considering the cost plus an extra $25 for polishing, I must say I was a tad disappointed.

1593454026032.png

Other than that it's spot on. The razor was dispatched a day after ordering and arrived at my door in the UK within a week. Customs, VAT and Fedex theft charge cost me £52. I could cry. But the razor is a belter of a shaver. :badger:

1593455204527.png

Last edited:
Love my .68 Ti - great balance between mild and efficient. I do like the Ti handle, and the balance and weight are perfect for me. You probably won't have any problems mixing Timeless titanium and Timeless stainless - compatible with dry contact, and short-term wet shouldn't be an issue, although stainless long-term can stain or corrode with many metals. As with any SS, dry after use and don't leave a blade in. Nice looking set!

Last edited:
Just got my Timeless .68 SB. I bought the SS top cap and .68 Ti base plate, which amounts to 31g. I did not fancy the weight of the whole SS head. I also didn't buy a handle as I wanted to use a handle around 60g maybe 70g at most. Here it is paired with a Razorock UFO and Haloed UFO handle, both weighing 60g. It feels great in the hand at this weight and balance.

1593451873147.png

1593451929816.png

Obviously I had to have a go on it ASP so first shave was with a Nacet on 2 days growth. What can I say? Very nice. Very nice. To be honest it feels very like my Game Changer .68 OC. That's not a bad thing. I consider the GC .68 OC to be a fantastic razor and the Timeless had to be at least as smooth, comfortable and efficient as that, especially against the grain. Why would it be worth keeping it wasn't?

There's a little blade feel but very comfortable and no way is it too mild for me. I am impressed and I am relieved about that. There's no point buying something at this price and winging about it but we do want the razor to be something above average eh? I was also a bit worried about the Bitsa approach, and mixing stainless parts with Ti parts, but it has paid off. The smooth SS top cap weighs 14.1g and the Ti SB plate weighs 16.9g making 31g. The same configuration in SS is 55g and Ti is 25g, so the Bitsa is a nice middle ground. I like it a lot and will no doubt use it exclusively for a wee while, then I will use the GC .68 and draw some conclusions about them together.

There's plenty already been said about the quality of production. It's top notch and I have nothing to add. Well one thing maybe...I was surprised to find they hadn't polished the bottom of the base plate. That's probably a minor quibble but considering the cost plus an extra $25 for polishing, I must say I was a tad disappointed.

1593454026032.png

Other than that it's spot on. The razor was dispatched a day after ordering and arrived at my door in the UK within a week. Customs, VAT and Fedex theft charge cost me £52. I could cry. But the razor is a belter of a shaver. :badger:

View attachment 1119391
Nice review. I ordered a Ti 0.95 Scalloped polished which is on its way and should have it sometime this week. When ordering I noticed a note on their page:

We keep the underbelly of our caps unpolished so that they keep a tight tolerance on the pinch of the blade so it does not move around.

I knew this when I placed my order but only because I happened to go their base plate page by chance.

Nice review. I ordered a Ti 0.95 Scalloped polished which is on its way and should have it sometime this week. When ordering I noticed a note on their page:

We keep the underbelly of our caps unpolished so that they keep a tight tolerance on the pinch of the blade so it does not move around.

I knew this when I placed my order but only because I happened to go their base plate page by chance.

I was commenting on the bottom of the base plate not being polished not the cap.

Love my .68 Ti - great balance between mild and efficient. I do like the Ti handle, and the balance and weight are perfect for me. You probably won't have any problems mixing Timeless titanium and Timeless stainless - compatible with dry contact, and short-term wet shouldn't be an issue, although stainless long-term can stain or corrode with many metals. As with any SS, dry after use and don't leave a blade in. Nice looking set!

It does look good sitting on my razor stand.

Ah gotcha. Have you contacted them about it? Curious to see what they say.

Though sounds like you are enjoying it outside of that. Right?

No I'm not going to contact them. Even if it was an error I'm not sending it back to the States. I might give it a polish myself. I did my Game Changer top cap and it came out nice.

Other than that yeah it's a great razor. I'm done trying new razors now.

Ah gotcha. Have you contacted them about it? Curious to see what they say.
No I'm not going to contact them. Even if it was an error I'm not sending it back to the States. I might give it a polish myself. I did my Game Changer top cap and it came out nice.

I had the same surprised reaction when I first received my Ti razor head. I did contact Timeless about it, thinking maybe it was because I ordered scratch & dent parts, and this was Matt’s response:

“The titanium; especially the bottoms of the baseplates have a grain look similar to wood in the material. We sand/polish in the same direction as the grain to get it as uniform as possible. The rest of the baseplate is curved and is easier to hide this grain look. The stainless does not have this issue.

Thank you
Matt
Sales department
Timeless Razor“

I had the same surprised reaction when I first received my Ti razor head. I did contact Timeless about it, thinking maybe it was because I ordered scratch & dent parts, and this was Matt’s response:
Ah thanks for letting me know this ahead of time. I went for the polished version of the scalloped titanium razor and will know to expect the same. So no surprises :)

So it's not an error. Thanks for that. I gave mine a polish by hand and it looks better, although the 'grain look' is still visible. I'm good with it now.

Second shave with the Timeless and what a shave. I'm just impressed is it really. The .68 is deceptively efficient. It feels as smooth and comfortable as razors like the 34C etc with just a tad more blade feel. It is really a much more efficient razor though. Impressive is the word of the day. I must say it's nice to find something that gets so much hype to actually cut the mustard. I find that rare but this razor does deserve the praise it gets.

1593612587514.png

I use a Razorock Barberpole with my Ti .95. Oddly enough, I compare the shave to my Gamechanger .84 - which I reach for more than the Timeless if the truth be told. Both give me my best shaves ever.

I use a Razorock Barberpole with my Ti .95. Oddly enough, I compare the shave to my Gamechanger .84 - which I reach for more than the Timeless if the truth be told. Both give me my best shaves ever.

After a few more shaves with the Timeless I will compare it with my Game Changer.68 OC, which I consider a fantastic razor.

The Gamechanger 0.84 has to be considerably less expensive than the Ti 0.95 Timeless, does it not?

Top Bottom