What's new

Timeless Aluminum Razor Set

My Timeless Titanium .95OC is my absolute favorite razor. The Aluminum is a close second with a Feather blade.

Yes I agree, my .95 Titainium is my favorite razor. You never know after a few more shaves with the Timeless Aluminum razor we may be in total agreement on that too, time will tell Lol..

All The Best,
Bill G

So I got my Timeless Aluminium today. Tried it out on a 4 day growth. I didn't find it to be overly light. Overall, very intuitive to use. Did 3 passes. Very efficient and I found it pretty smooth and I'd say it has a low learning curve. At 75 it is a no brainer and a real bargain. I'll try it again Sunday morning on a 2 day growth. No cuts, no nicks, no weepers. Now I want to try the bronze.....this was an almost BBS Shave without really trying. I'd compare it to the results I have gotten with GEM razors, but not as nerve wracking and easier to use. Also, I don't do 3 passes with Gems. I used Stirling Scot Pine Sheep and a new GSB blade. Finished with Stirling Coniferous Witch Hazel and Ozark Mountain splash.

So I got my Timeless Aluminium today. Tried it out on a 4 day growth. I didn't find it to be overly light. Overall, very intuitive to use. Did 3 passes. Very efficient and I found it pretty smooth and I'd say it has a low learning curve. At 75 it is a no brainer and a real bargain. I'll try it again Sunday morning on a 2 day growth. No cuts, no nicks, no weepers. Now I want to try the bronze.....this was an almost BBS Shave without really trying. I'd compare it to the results I have gotten with GEM razors, but not as nerve wracking and easier to use. Also, I don't do 3 passes with Gems. I used Stirling Scot Pine Sheep and a new GSB blade. Finished with Stirling Coniferous Witch Hazel and Ozark Mountain splash.
You will definitely like Bronze but it is much heavier. Unfortunately neither worked for me. Aluminum is gone but Bronze is waiting for new owner

You will definitely like Bronze but it is much heavier. Unfortunately neither worked for me. Aluminum is gone but Bronze is waiting for new owner
Yeah...most of my razors are heavier. This one I think could use a little more weight in the head. Maybe a shorter handle would help if they made one. Is your bronze on the for sale threads?

I received one yesterday...and I shaved with it today...and it didn't go to well. I ended up with irritation. I never have bad shaves nowadays, not even when I use my Fatip. As a matter of fact, it's been years since I finished a shave with irritation. The Timeless is efficient, but not very smooth (at least not this first shave). I'll try again this weekend.

I received a second batch Timeless yesterday and had my first shave this morning. Polsilver as my blade choice. I started carefully to avoid pressure, as warned of here.

As the shave progressed, I really did not feel the need to change my normal technique. I got a very close shave with no damage. Very smooth razor. I did use extra care on the touch up on my neck, going side to adam's apple - this is my hardest part to shave.

The razor is impressive and I like the light weight. I will soon have to decide between this, my 3one6 blue handle, and my Rocca. I think these all are similar in their efficiency, and can be used daily. So no need for all 3.

A little update,

I have a few Shaves now on my second batch Timeless Aluminum and my opinion from my first posting has been reinforced. I love this razor it's a great shavor for me. The razor is very easy to use and I am getting fantastic 2 pass Shave with some light touch up on my troublesome neck areas. BBS Shaves no irritation what's to complain about.

Timeless in my opinion for the price and quality of this razor has hit it out of the Ball Park.

I love my Timeless.95 Titainium as well and both these razors do a fantastic job. I like the size and the lighter weight of both these razors. I find the lighter weight of both these razors a tad easier to control/manage on my more troubled neck areas.

Another razor that is light and performs well for me in the lighter category is the Razo Rock Game Changer both the .68 and the .84

All The Best,
Bill G

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I received mine last night. I will give it a shot tomorrow. Probably use a polsilver, as thats been my number on blade these days. I have a Bronze, so i assume there wont be much learning curve. I do love Timeless Razors. But @ $75, this thing is cheaper for the whole set than a SS topcap. :)

I received mine last night. I will give it a shot tomorrow. Probably use a polsilver, as thats been my number on blade these days. I have a Bronze, so i assume there wont be much learning curve. I do love Timeless Razors. But @ $75, this thing is cheaper for the whole set than a SS topcap. :)
That's exactly why I bought it and was happily surprised!

I received a second batch Timeless yesterday and had my first shave this morning. Polsilver as my blade choice. I started carefully to avoid pressure, as warned of here.

As the shave progressed, I really did not feel the need to change my normal technique. I got a very close shave with no damage. Very smooth razor. I did use extra care on the touch up on my neck, going side to adam's apple - this is my hardest part to shave.

The razor is impressive and I like the light weight. I will soon have to decide between this, my 3one6 blue handle, and my Rocca. I think these all are similar in their efficiency, and can be used daily. So no need for all 3.
Surely you can’t be serious it’s better than the Muhle Rocca, THE most underrated razor on this forum. I doubt it’s better but you would know, hence you have both. Please start a thread comparing all three. I’m sure lots of B&B members will be delighted. Thanks

M

member 119848

My (first batch) Aluminum finally arrived today.

It has been held by the german customs for 4 weeks... and because off that, DHL punished me with 6€ for the storage fees on top of the 16€ import taxes lol
I ´m still happy to get my razor, but I wished we lived in a free-market world.

FYI: I sold my Timeless bronze a few weeks ago, and used a Fatip until the Aluminum arrived. So my first impressions can be related with the use of my 2 latest razors.

My first shave with the Aluminum was this morning! :001_smile
The weight of it is jolly good! Much more substantial than a bakelite razor, and light enough to be held with 2 fingers while shaving.:thumbup:

In comparison with the Fatip, it´s smoother and more efficient.
And much more efficient than the .38 bronze. Not as aggressive as with the .78 plate, but not far behind. The shave with the aluminum is easy, but it gave me a few red dots. It will take a few shaves until my technique dials in.

Overall I´m happy with it. I´m glad I sold the bronze as it was too heavy for my taste, and looked more like a jewel than a tool.
The stand is a nice feature. After each shave I wipe the razor and let it sit disassembled for further drying. That way the handle has no chance to roll over.

I just need a bit of time to see if the Aluminum is smooth enough to be used as a daily.

Last edited by a moderator:
My (first batch) Aluminum finally arrived today.

It has been held by the german customs for 4 weeks... and because off that, DHL punished me with 6€ for the storage fees on top of the 16€ import taxes lol
I ´m still happy to get my razor, but I wished we lived in a free-market world.

FYI: I sold my Timeless bronze a few weeks ago, and used a Fatip until the Aluminum arrived. So my first impressions can be related with the use of my 2 latest razors.

My first shave with the Aluminum was this morning! :001_smile
The weight of it is jolly good! Much more substantial than a bakelite razor, and light enough to be held with 2 fingers while shaving.:thumbup:

In comparison with the Fatip, it´s smoother and more efficient.
And much more efficient than the .38 bronze. Not as aggressive as with the .78 plate, but not far behind. The shave with the aluminum is easy, but it gave me a few red dots. It will take a few shaves until my technique dials in.

Overall I´m happy with it. I´m glad I sold the bronze as it was too heavy for my taste, and looked more like a jewel than a tool.
The stand is a nice feature. After each shave I wipe the razor and let it sit disassembled for further drying. That way the handle has no chance to roll over.

I just need a bit of time to see if the Aluminum is smooth enough to be used as a daily.
I use my Aluminum almost daily. I have the Timeless SS .68SB and the Bronze .38SB and just reach for the Aluminum out of habit. You are right the Bronze is a hefty one but I still enjoy it in my rotation. It will take you about a week to dial in your shaves with the Aluminum, but once you do it will become one of your favorites. Enjoy your shaves!

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
First shave with the Aluminum today. All I can say is "Wow!" What a great shave. I have several other aluminum razors and dont like any of them. So my hopes were not high. This one however was great. Good face feel. Decent weight, although it's still really light. Excellent shave results. Easy BBS. No irritation. I do have a a Timeless Bronze, 68 SS and 95 SS. So I'm no stranger to the excellent Timeless shave. Used a new Polsilver blade. Rock on gents!

20190914_073446.jpg

M

member 119848

Ok, this morning I had my second shave with the Al.45 and this time it was great.
The result was a close shave with no irritation issues. Because I use one razor at a time for several months, my technique has to adapt when I get a new razor.
Up to last year I used to be a bakelite fan-boy. The reason why I departed from bakelite razors was to enjoy the perfect tightness that CNC-machining offers. In my journey with razors, I have bought and sold SS and bronze razors that were too heavy for me, but like a fool I kept buying them again... I wish I had tried aluminum razors earlier!
So here we go, one more satisfied Timeless customer here.
By the way, for those hesitating with choosing Aluminum as a metal for a razor. Aircraft-grade Aluminum is awesome. This Timeless is definitely a BIFL razor!
736BED85-3EAD-42B7-9856-998164544DBD.jpeg

I had a second shave with this razor...and the result was much better than the first time. It was smooth, efficient and irritation-free shave.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I did an interesting experiment this week. Never been a fan of super light razors. So I tried the Aluminum with a RR stainless HD handle, then went back to original handle the next shave. I found the shave to be better with the original aluminum handle. Better balance, better results. So that was surprising. Maybe I will try a titanium handle next.

Top Bottom