What's new

Timeless Aluminum Razor Set

So I shaved a few hours ago and used Astra SP blade again as planned. I used no pressure and angle so that handle is very close to the face and got very little razorburn. To reduce razorburn and irritation I would recommend avoiding or using ATG strokes and use XTG instead especially for cleanup and buffing. Also use aftershave balms instead of splashes. I will do several more shaves with different blades before I decide if I want to keep Aluminum but definitely not the Astra SP
Try sharper blade. Using a Gillette Platinum and very happy with the shaves. Am happy so far with the razor!

I have been shaving with the Timeless aluminum everyday since last Thursday.
For me it delivers an easy, smooth 2 pass BBS shave with no worries. The fact I’m still using it tells me how good it is. I buy all kinds if razors and tend to rotate. It’s a much easier shave than the .78 bronze.
I have been using a Nacet blade. I intend to try out a one of my Timeless SST handles at some point but I haven’t yet.
For $75 one cannot go wrong here.

M

member 119848

Thanks for the comparison, @roosty
The .78 OC gives me irritation if I shave everyday with it. That's why I use the .38 SB as a daily driver.
I hope the Aluminium to be comfortable enough to become amy new daily driver.

Thanks for the comparison, @roosty
The .78 OC gives me irritation if I shave everyday with it. That's why I use the .38 SB as a daily driver.
I hope the Aluminium to be comfortable enough to become amy new daily driver.
Agree with Roosty the Aluminum is easier to manage than the .78 Bronze. But maybe a bit less easy to get a perfectly comfortable shave with than the .38 Bronze. Still only 3 shaves in with Aluminum, still climbing the learning curve so expect shaves to get easier to manage. Definitely a no brainer at $75, another great Timeless Razor. Just love what they do.

It’s almost a tie but maybe the .95. I don’t use the .95 everyday as it does lead to irritation for me but so far the Aluminum has not done that. I may need more days shaving with it to really choose a winner. I have found I don’t need to buff with the Aluminum like I do with the .95. That could be a weight thing, but so far I am singing praises for the Aluminum. YMMV.

Thanks.

I have a Timeless Titanium .95OC. My Aluminum is to arrive Thursday. I'm excited to compare them.

:thumbup1:

I used the Al for the third time today, again with a Personna Red. I've found it to be quite aggressive, more so than the .95. I had some very minor irritation on the first two shaves, to my suprise. This is definitely a no pressure razor for me. I used an extra light hand on the third trial and got a very nice shave.
The build quality, like my .95, is excellent. I'm still adjusting to it, so I won't make up my mind just yet.

I used the Al for the third time today, again with a Personna Red. I've found it to be quite aggressive, more so than the .95. I had some very minor irritation on the first two shaves, to my suprise. This is definitely a no pressure razor for me. I used an extra light hand on the third trial and got a very nice shave.
The build quality, like my .95, is excellent. I'm still adjusting to it, so I won't make up my mind just yet.

When you got irritation, did you apply more pressure than you normally do when you use the .95?

So I shaved last night and used fresh Gillette Platinum blade and got very minor razorburn but you need to go slow with it and make sure you are maintaining the right angle and absolutely no pressure. I decided not to keep it since I have multiple razors which are easier to use for me but if you don't have sensitive skin I would definitely recommend it

can anyone compare this Timeless to a 37c in terms of comfort and aggressiveness?
The 37c is another razor I reach for when I want an easy, close shave. For me the Timeless AL offers a very similar experience with a touch more efficiency. I use no pressure and have had nothing but great shaves with it. It’s not aggressive for me. My Asylum RX on the other hand is what I would call an aggressive razor.

I recieved my Timeless Aluminum today. What a light weight beauty. First use will be tomorrow morning. Planning on using PannaCrema Nuavia Blu, Simpson's Chubby 2 Super Badger. Going to use the Aluminum on the left side and the Titanium .95 OC on the right just to compare the 2. Will head shave with the Aluminum if all goes well on the face. Standby for a review kids!

When you got irritation, did you apply more pressure than you normally do when you use the .95?
Maybe yes, It was minor irritation, more noticeable when applying aftershave. I am more used to using ss and brass razors, where it’s easy to let the razor to the work. Al is very light and it seems natural to apply some pressure to achieve the same face feel.
I also recently picked up the Lupo and wasn’t chastened by appling some extra pressure. I’ve very much enjoyed that razor so far, btw.
I still think this could be a very good razor when used with the proper technique. The light weight and aggressiveness may have thrown me a bit this first rotation. I’ll revisit it again shortly and reevaluate. I will reiterate my appreciation for Timeless Razors and their effort to make their great razors available at a more affordable price point.

Third shave , Astra SP, TOBS, best so far. The Timeless Aluminum performs better and better. The key is really no pressure, even thought the razor is light as a feather, if you let it do the work by itself, it will. A smooth BBS, no irritation, no blood. Now definitely in my regular rotation. Thank you Timeless.

I recieved my Timeless Aluminum today. What a light weight beauty. First use will be tomorrow morning. Planning on using PannaCrema Nuavia Blu, Simpson's Chubby 2 Super Badger. Going to use the Aluminum on the left side and the Titanium .95 OC on the right just to compare the 2. Will head shave with the Aluminum if all goes well on the face. Standby for a review kids!
I'm standing by DaddyO

SOTD
Face and Head

Timeless Titanium .95OC
Timeless Aluminum
Astra SP x1 in both
PannaCrema Nuavia Blu
Simpson's Chubby 2 Super Badger
Captain's Choice HD Copper bowl.
Shave today was Timeless Titanium .95OC on right side of face and Timeless Aluminum on left side of face. Left is a little bit harder to shave. The Aluminum is quite a bit lighter than the Titanium. I love light razors. I find the angle to be the same or very close to all the Timeless razors. I was rewarded a BBS+ shave with both razors. I will rank the Aluminum just a tad below the Titanium .95OC in aggressiveness but equal in smoothness. Better than the .68 Titanium OC/Smooth and better than the Bronze. 38 smooth. I find all Timeless to be smooth but that's Timeless. What actually set this razor apart for me was the head shave. Had a great experience on the face so what the heck. Awarded with probably the best head shave ever. This Aluminum is a head shavers dream! 2 pass and done. Fast BBS + shave. Granted, I've used the razor once but it should get better with use. If you have a Timeless Titanium you will love the Aluminum. I'll post more after more use but 75 bucks is a freaking bargain!! As of this time it is hanging with my .95OC. Here are pictures of the setup used today plus a picture of the Titanium, Bronze and aluminum just to show the difference. Yes, that's enough soap for a 3 pass face and 2 pass head shave!
P.S.
No nicks, no redness and no irritation at all with both razors.

20190809_105747.jpg
20190809_105814.jpg
20190809_105848.jpg
20190809_100311.jpg

Top Bottom