What's new

Timeless Almunimum - best angle?

Hi all,

I hope everyone had a safe and happy holiday season. I don't post much so I hope this is a good place to post this question. I just received my first Timeless today (the alumunum) and was wondering if I could get some suggestions on the best angle for a smooth shave with this one. I have sensitive skin and have loaded it with a Voskhod in an anticipation for my first shave tonight with 2 days growth. I'd say my beard is medium. Thanks for the help!

I have the Timeless Al. Generally I'll start with the guard first (steep angle) and then it goes to neutral sometimes. I don't really think about it much anymore.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Agree. I shave Timeless and couldn't tell you what angle I ever use, it's unconscious.

Congrats on the new razor, though! :punk:

AA

I use the ALSB.45 a lot and agree that the angle(s) sort of work themselves out.

I would recommend starting with a steep angle and no pressure to start and adjust as you get comfortable.

Additional info: I really like Voshkods and use them in my Timeless Bronze SB but my go to blade in the Timeless Aluminum SB is Perma-Sharp Supers, nice sharp edge and very comfortable shaves in the ALSB .45.

Good luck and take your time getting accustomed to the razor.

I use the ALSB.45 a lot and agree that the angle(s) sort of work themselves out.

I would recommend starting with a steep angle and no pressure to start and adjust as you get comfortable.

Additional info: I really like Voshkods and use them in my Timeless Bronze SB but my go to blade in the Timeless Aluminum SB is Perma-Sharp Supers, nice sharp edge and very comfortable shaves in the ALSB .45.

Good luck and take your time getting accustomed to the razor.
Nice. Thanks for the blade recommendation. I've never tried one. Will have to pick up a few.

Reactions: GNR
Top Bottom