What's new

Timeless .95 TI and .95 SS on the way!

Just prior to the 2019 sabbatical I took the plunge on ordering a Timeless. Well, two, actually! I ordered both the Ti and SS razors In SB at .95 gaps. My plan (I hope) is to find one like better and return within the 30 day window. Included with the order I threw in an extra .68 baseplate for the SS to cover most of the bases.

I really enjoy heavy razors, using a Rockwell 6S as my daily driver. I also owned a Timeless Bronze, and although I loved the weight, it simply didn’t agree with my face.

But the quality and precision of the Bronze along with all the positive feedback for Timeless otherwise had me coming back for more!

From prior experience with multiple OC razors I think I know enough that a SB version will fit me best (I love smoothness). I also have a hunch that the .95 gap might be a hair much to shave daily with, comfortably. I also had a hunch that the .68 would be too mild for my face. All hunches and assumptions, who really knows until the blade hits the face.

I did read or see in several places, however, that guys feel as if the Ti .95 is a bit smoother and a little less aggressive than the SS due to the weight difference. That’s mostly why I ordered both razors. At the end of the day, I absolutely love the aspect of weight to SS razors, and I’m a real sucker for the polish. At the end of the day, however, I don’t want to be stuck in between gaps and not totally happy with the shave. I’ll gladly accept the utilitarian look of the Ti if it means the shave of my life. What do you guys think?

Good idea getting both and returning what you don't want. The Timeless .95 SB is on my bucket list. Hope it's everything you hope it'll be.

Ha! I too ordered a Timeless pre-2019 sabbatical (SS .68 smooth cap, scalloped base with .88 barber pole) and received the shipping notification today. Getting fired up to give it a spin. Enjoy your new equipment!

Good idea getting both and returning what you don't want. The Timeless .95 SB is on my bucket list. Hope it's everything you hope it'll be.

It's a good idea until I love them both and can't part with one of them!

Ha! I too ordered a Timeless pre-2019 sabbatical (SS .68 smooth cap, scalloped base with .88 barber pole) and received the shipping notification today. Getting fired up to give it a spin. Enjoy your new equipment!

Congratulations! Let me know what you think of the .68 scalloped. I think the scalloped plate will be a great fit with the smooth cap.

I am interested in hearing a comparative update after you put them to the test.

Absolutely. I'm going to start with the .95 SS for a week and then move to the .95 Ti for a week before finishing up my last few days with the .68 SS plate. I'll let you know how it goes.

No doubt you will like it especially as you have plate options also.

Enjoy and I look forward to your updates.

It's a good idea until I love them both and can't part with one of them!

Congratulations! Let me know what you think of the .68 scalloped. I think the scalloped plate will be a great fit with the smooth cap.

Absolutely. I'm going to start with the .95 SS for a week and then move to the .95 Ti for a week before finishing up my last few days with the .68 SS plate. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks! I now need to decide what blade gets the inaugural shave.

Kudo's to everyone getting a new Timeless regardless of Ti, SS, SB, SC, OC, polished, or matte... I now have 2 and not sure I want to part with either!!
20190101_083900.jpg

At the end of the 2 weeks try doing a half face shave using the Ti on one side an the SS on the other. I'm guessing it will give you a good read on both razors and the slight differences between the 2 razors. For me there is a difference even though they both give a great shave.

Just a suggestion and congrats on getting a Timeless.
thanks for the input, dragon! Could you tell us a bit more on the diff between 95 SS and TI? I got the 95 SS and im really itching to also get the Titanium but don't know if it will be redundant to have both.

At the end of the 2 weeks try doing a half face shave using the Ti on one side an the SS on the other. I'm guessing it will give you a good read on both razors and the slight differences between the 2 razors. For me there is a difference even though they both give a great shave.

Just a suggestion and congrats on getting a Timeless.

That’s a great idea. Something I have never done but have certainly read about [emoji12]

Good move!! :a29::a29:

My only question is, “What happens if you really like both?”

Oh BigJ.... that’s easy. I just wish they looked more similar to better fool SHMBO!

Hello my friend.
Yes the main differences are the Ti has a unique feel to it like all Ti razors. The best word to describe it is Ti has a soft face feel that is different than SS. The lighter weight makes it a bit more maneuverable but the efficiency is just a slight bit behind the SS so a little pressure is needed to equal the SS. With good technique an equally good shave can be achieved by either razor. I prefer the looks of the SS and I have the DC so I like the efficiency but after shaving with both if I had to make a choice to only keep one I’d go with the Ti as I like the smoothness and face feel it provides. Hope that helps.

Man, I am convinced you are one of the best writers here. you can articulate your thoughts so well that everyone can easily understand the message you are wanting to transmit! Seems like I need to include the Timeless 95 on my Buy List!!!

Thank you sir for the kind words. May I ask which .95 will you opt for? Ti or SS, SB, OC or DC? I have the DC and I really enjoy having the option to use either side or both when shaving.
Keep us updated!

I alreasy have ss 68 oc and ss 95 SB. Both with the scalloped top cap. But now I also want the titanium 95, probably Scalloped or OC, To change it a bit from the 95 stainless i already have [emoji4]

Congratulations on your purchase, Timeless is a wonderful razor! I'm sure with the options you're getting you're going to find the one that suits you. Looking forward to reading your reviews.

Can’t speak to the Ti but I have the SS open comb in 0.68 and 0.95. Love them both. My timeless is the only razor I use now.

17396072-05FA-4D9A-80E9-BE92C527CC04.jpeg
Timeless SS polished .95 scalloped with scalloped top and 85mm barber poll.
Got it over the holidays and it fells and looks great. Still trying different blades, stated with Astra and next one is Feather. Wonderful razor, my point of reference is original ATT R1 and now with added M2.

Forgot to add, I am curious about .68 and if somebody is trying to offload one in polished SS, I am looking for one especially with OC. Unfortunately still can’t post in BST forum yet.

Beautiful razor @fx67!

The razors are scheduled for delivery on Saturday but I'm hoping Friday will be the day. My plan is this:

Using consistent variables while shaving daily I will:
  • Use my favorite blade each time, a vintage Polsilver (I get my best shaves across all razors with this blade)
  • Use the same soap each day, Vespers in this case. It's a soap I can lather consistently well, and it didn't get the attention it deserved in December.
  • Shave five times with the SS .95 (only switching to the .68 plate if having rough shaves or too close)
  • Shave five times with the Ti .95
  • Shave five times using both razors, one on each side of my face. I will alternate sides on different days as my beard isn't quite the same on each side. For example, my right neck is a bear to shave while the left side is pleasant and worry free.
Hope it all goes well... I'll report back on the findings and give a little more detail at that time about my beard and prior experience with razors to provide context to the review. My goal would be to emulate the exceptional work of @Dragonsbeard to provide concise and thoughtful feedback to others who may wish to choose between these two razors in the future.

What I found that shaves with Timeless last for a bit longer. I am trying to verify it a few times before declaring it a true. I am also trying to figure out if I can shave every other day. Unfortunately today I could not hold myself and did shave with ATT M2 with Feather (and it was great). You may see that your test will be long as you may find that by the morning you don’t have enough stubble. Too many great razors, too slow stubble grows.
Enjoy your razor, truly a work or industrial art.

Top Bottom