Starting the reserve list off is
14 @Cut Throat
15 @jbreakfield
16 @Flintstone65
17 @emwolf
18 @gwsmallwood
19 @Badger in the Sun
20 @benos
@Steve_in_CT had to drop out due to some work travel. If he can get back in he will let me know and I will put him back on list at my discretion. Thanks everyone.

Yeah.... Got It! An amazingly smooth and effortless shave tonight. Want to thank @P@tsfan6484 for getting this pass around started and lighting the fire of RAD in this stellar acquisition. Truly a fabulous shaver is the Timeless...

Timeless SS .95 OC/Rapira Pampa SS/Yaqi 28mm Barber Pole/Wickham 1912 Russian Leather/LEA Classic after shave Locion
4F5A69EF-06E9-4A80-B92A-9C6DD07CDAA5.jpeg

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Yeah.... Got It! An amazingly smooth and effortless shave tonight. Want to thank @P@tsfan6484 for getting this pass around started and lighting the fire of RAD in this stellar acquisition. Truly a fabulous shaver is the Timeless...

Timeless SS .95 OC/Rapira Pampa SS/Yaqi 28mm Barber Pole/Wickham 1912 Russian Leather/LEA Classic after shave Locion
View attachment 1050389
Well done, sir!!! That is a beauty!!!

I've had 3 more shaves with the 0.95 since my last report.

First one was a shave off with my 2-piece RFB. I can report that the shave off was a virtual tie in both smoothness, efficiency, and joy. If you know the RFB that I'm using, you'll know that the weight differential between it and a stainless Timeless razor is substantial. However, if you're able to adjust for this, the results are remarkably similar.

The second shave was my Saturday shave. On Saturdays, I go for a 3-pass shave and try to get as close as possible, knowing that I'll likely not shave again until Monday. I will admit to being a little disappointed by the Timeless in this regard. While I got a great shave that was comfortable and close - basically BBS - I didn't find it to be especially outstanding in comparison to other razors that I own. I was hoping that the 0.95 would be a smoother version of my most efficient razors. While I have no complaints about the shave I got, I'm not sure that the 0.95 is sufficiently different than some of my other razors to put it to the top of my "to-buy" list.

My last shave was this morning. With two days' growth, the Timeless was able to quickly and cleanly mow down my beard. Yet another enjoyable shave.

I highly recommend the Timeless to anyone looking for a mild to medium-efficiency razor. It is extremely smooth and a joy to use. Having said that, I haven't found the niche that makes me want to rush out and buy another one.

Thanks again @P@tsfan6484 for the opportunity to try the Timeless 0.95. I'll be sending the set off to @ShavePastor tomorrow.

Bob

View attachment 1050389
Congrats! Looks awesome. Enjoy every shave more than the last.

I've had 3 more shaves with the 0.95 since my last report.

First one was a shave off with my 2-piece RFB. I can report that the shave off was a virtual tie in both smoothness, efficiency, and joy. If you know the RFB that I'm using, you'll know that the weight differential between it and a stainless Timeless razor is substantial. However, if you're able to adjust for this, the results are remarkably similar.

The second shave was my Saturday shave. On Saturdays, I go for a 3-pass shave and try to get as close as possible, knowing that I'll likely not shave again until Monday. I will admit to being a little disappointed by the Timeless in this regard. While I got a great shave that was comfortable and close - basically BBS - I didn't find it to be especially outstanding in comparison to other razors that I own. I was hoping that the 0.95 would be a smoother version of my most efficient razors. While I have no complaints about the shave I got, I'm not sure that the 0.95 is sufficiently different than some of my other razors to put it to the top of my "to-buy" list.

My last shave was this morning. With two days' growth, the Timeless was able to quickly and cleanly mow down my beard. Yet another enjoyable shave.

I highly recommend the Timeless to anyone looking for a mild to medium-efficiency razor. It is extremely smooth and a joy to use. Having said that, I haven't found the niche that makes me want to rush out and buy another one.

Thanks again @P@tsfan6484 for the opportunity to try the Timeless 0.95. I'll be sending the set off to @ShavePastor tomorrow.

Bob
Excellent review,sir. I truly appreciate honest reviews and yours was educational and a good read overall.

Ok gents, the razor has arrived safely, first shave will be Sunday morning using the .95 scalloped plate, fresh GSB blade, & A&E Signature soap.

Here are the first 15 to sign up.
1 @GlazedBoker ( complete)
2 @dmshaver ( complete)
3 @CarlosAT ( complete)
4 @cgr86 ( complete)
5 @NJDJ ( complete)
6 @steelcity2 ( complete)
7 @bobmsp ( complete)
8 @ShavePastor ( in hand)
9 @CJB3 ( on deck)
10 @PlutoViola ( in the hole)
11 @Tim Meneely
12 @dezmil
13 @SolidSnake03
Starting the reserve list off is
14 @Cut Throat
15 @jbreakfield
16 @Flintstone65
17 @emwolf
18 @gwsmallwood
19 @Badger in the Sun
20 @benos
Looking forward to your reviews @ShavePastor !!

Thank you Dennis for the privilege of being able to test drive the Timeless setup!

Initial impressions:
Gorgeous looking razor! Knurling on handle feels great in hand; balance & weight are excellent; love the design of the base that makes the blade sit on it almost all the way to the edge providing excellent blade rigidity. All's good so far!

Shave Experience:
Used the scalloped cap & scalloped. 95 plate for first shave. I must say this thing can mow down some whiskers with ease! Loaded a fresh GSB blade into it & made a great lather. I usually do a modified 2 pass shave where the first pass consists of the typical WTG & then using residual slickness I do adjusted angles for XTG. Then I relather & finish up with ATG for my second pass. In doing this I had a drama free shave, no nicks, cuts, or weepers. I did feel considerable amount of blade feel though. Not bad, didn't hurt, didn't give irritation, just it was a little more blade feel than what I'm used to with the GC .84sb, Rockwell 6s, Karve, etc... I prefer to experience of less blade feel for a smoother feel while still being real efficient at whisker removal. So far for me the .95 leans moretowards being efficient than smooth. But this is all just initial thoughts. We'll see how it goes further

Ok, the razor has been cleaned & packaged for shipping tomorrow morning to @CJB3. And special thanks to @P@tsfan6484 for doing this passaround.

I've had a few more shaves in with both plates & for whatever reason this razor is just not as smooth as what others experience. Strange! It's plenty efficient & only got very little to no irritation, but it just felt like too much blade feel. Anyway, very gorgeous, very well made, glad I got to try it, but I gotta say it don't hold a candle to the GC .84sb IME!! Thanks Dennis

Man I’m tempted to get one of these after reading this thread.

Stuck between deciding the .68 and .95. Since I like the 6s on 5, .84 GC, Rex on 2ish, Fatboy on 5, Karve B, ATTr1, and generally prefer a smooth efficient razors:

.68 seems to be where I should start, anyone try some of the above and both timeless plates? what do you gents say?

Stuck between deciding the .68 and .95. Since I like the 6s on 5, .84 GC, Rex on 2ish, Fatboy on 5, Karve B, ATTr1, and generally prefer a smooth efficient razors:

.68 seems to be where I should start, anyone try some of the above and both timeless plates? what do you gents say?

Based on what you have, I would say the .95. The .68 is probably a little too mild.

I say sign up your name to try it out first as the package contains both the .68 & .95 plates. I'm like you in that I prefer smooth & efficient shavers & have 5 out of the 6 you listed. For whatever reason the Timeless just wasn't at the comfort or smoothness level I expected from it. This may be one of my first real cases of ymmv & I'm sure I'm the exception rather than the rule. I'm glad I tried it first because I have always wanted to get a Timeless, but now know for me & my whiskers there are better razors out there. Again take this with a grain of salt, as most have raved about it.

Top Bottom