15 @jbreakfield
16 @Flintstone65
17 @emwolf
18 @gwsmallwood
19 @Badger in the Sun
20 @benos
21 @shotgun233
Looking forward to your reviews and comments @CJB3

I say sign up your name to try it out first as the package contains both the .68 & .95 plates. I'm like you in that I prefer smooth & efficient shavers & have 5 out of the 6 you listed. For whatever reason the Timeless just wasn't at the comfort or smoothness level I expected from it. This may be one of my first real cases of ymmv & I'm sure I'm the exception rather than the rule. I'm glad I tried it first because I have always wanted to get a Timeless, but now know for me & my whiskers there are better razors out there. Again take this with a grain of salt, as most have raved about it.

It might of been your blade choice, not saying it was but could of been..

I have the 0.95 SS and it’s so smooth, and the level of smoothness depends on the blade.

The polsilver is the perfect blade for me for this razor, perfect blend of smooth v sharp..

The rapira is the smoothest by far, super smooth but not as sharp

Feathers I generally like but feel rough for me in the timeless

German Wilkinson sword, super sharp and also smooth

Never tried a GSB

Well my .68 arrived already. Quick trade for one of my back up razors.

Beautiful construction, lovely feeling with the OC and was able to get a good DFS and BBS in spots. Hard to find the angle and a bit too mild for my liking. Had I not been impatient and joined the pass around, I suspect I would have enjoyed the .95 more. I might trade for the .95 or pick up a scratch and dent. Going to give it a few more shaves.

The scalloped head is a first for me, but I kind of liked it. I liked how rigid the head holds the blades, and I really like the lather channels.
1D805231-ED7B-4690-8D0F-756AAE7FCCAB.jpeg

@P@tsfan6484 is really kind to offer his razor up for members to try. My curiosity was peaked by this thread.

1 @GlazedBoker ( complete)
2 @dmshaver ( complete)
3 @CarlosAT ( complete)
4 @cgr86 ( complete)
5 @NJDJ ( complete)
6 @steelcity2 ( complete)
7 @bobmsp ( complete)
8 @ShavePastor ( complete)
9 @CJB3 ( in hand)
10 @PlutoViola ( on deck)
11 @Tim Meneely ( in the hole)
12 @dezmil
13 @SolidSnake03
Starting the reserve list off is
14 @Cut Throat
15 @jbreakfield
16 @Flintstone65
17 @emwolf
18 @gwsmallwood
19 @Badger in the Sun
20 @benos
21 @shotgun233
Looking forward to your reviews and comments @CJB3

Hi all,

I had my first shave with the Timeless today. I tend to prefer moderate to aggressive razors, so I selected the .95. It is definitely a looker, and I’ve always like the aesthetic of the Timeless scalloped top and baseplate.

For the shave, I used my Simpson Chubby 2 Super and Murphy & McNeil Claddagh soap for a 2.5 pass shave and topped it off with Floid Vigoroso.

While others wax poetically, I tend to be a bit laconic in descriptions, so I will keep it fairly short. The razor felt smooth enough, and I achieved an acceptable DFS. I would say that it was a decent shave, but that I probably still need to dial in the razor a bit, so I’ll check back in after a few days.

I will confess that I am a relatively new Wolfman owner (WR2 SB 1.25). I’ve been using that razor exclusively since getting it, and the Timeless is the first “other” razor I’ve used in a few months.

I do appreciate the opportunity to try it out, however, and this is a first impression.

Hi all,

I had my first shave with the Timeless today. I tend to prefer moderate to aggressive razors, so I selected the .95. It is definitely a looker, and I’ve always like the aesthetic of the Timeless scalloped top and baseplate.

For the shave, I used my Simpson Chubby 2 Super and Murphy & McNeil Claddagh soap for a 2.5 pass shave and topped it off with Floid Vigoroso.

While others wax poetically, I tend to be a bit laconic in descriptions, so I will keep it fairly short. The razor felt smooth enough, and I achieved an acceptable DFS. I would say that it was a decent shave, but that I probably still need to dial in the razor a bit, so I’ll check back in after a few days.

I will confess that I am a relatively new Wolfman owner (WR2 SB 1.25). I’ve been using that razor exclusively since getting it, and the Timeless is the first “other” razor I’ve used in a few months.

I do appreciate the opportunity to try it out, however, and this is a first impression.

Hi @CJB3 , I would be very interested in a comparison between your Wolfman and Timeless!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Hi @CJB3 , I would be very interested in a comparison between your Wolfman and Timeless!

Having owned a Timeless .95 OC (Titanium), a Timeless .95 SB (stainless steel) and a Timeless Bronze .38 — none of them achieved the same level of excellence (for my face) as my Wolfman WR2 1.25 SB, and they have all left my den in favor of the Wolf.

I’m not quite ready to give my final assessment yet. The Timeless is a nice razor. I feel like I’m still dialing it in.

After two uses, however, I’m fairly certain it won’t dethrone the Wolfman in my den.

Having owned a Timeless .95 OC (Titanium), a Timeless .95 SB (stainless steel) and a Timeless Bronze .38 — none of them achieved the same level of excellence (for my face) as my Wolfman WR2 1.25 SB, and they have all left my den in favor of the Wolf.

had a nice shave with my timeless 0.95 SB this morning.. still waiting for my opportunity to get the wolf and looking forward to it. From what i have read the 1.25 Wolf (which is what i will be ordering if not the 1.15) is more efficient that the timeless 0.95 SB. Just wondering how the comparison is on the face? the timeless is quite smooth IMHO

also did you get your wolf hollowed or solid? sorry cant remember

I’m not quite ready to give my final assessment yet. The Timeless is a nice razor. I feel like I’m still dialing it in.

After two uses, however, I’m fairly certain it won’t dethrone the Wolfman in my den.

Given the cost of each and the accessibility of each I would hope that the Wolfman is far superior. If it is not, that would be a shame.

1 @GlazedBoker ( complete)
2 @dmshaver ( complete)
3 @CarlosAT ( complete)
4 @cgr86 ( complete)
5 @NJDJ ( complete)
6 @steelcity2 ( complete)
7 @bobmsp ( complete)
8 @ShavePastor ( complete)
9 @CJB3 ( in hand)
10 @PlutoViola ( on deck)
11 @Tim Meneely ( in the hole)
12 @dezmil
13 @SolidSnake03
Starting the reserve list off is
14 @Cut Throat
15 @jbreakfield
16 @Flintstone65
17 @emwolf
18 @gwsmallwood
19 @Badger in the Sun
20 @benos
21 @shotgun233
22 @pdieten

Glad to have you aboard @pdieten !!

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Given the cost of each and the accessibility of each I would hope that the Wolfman is far superior. If it is not, that would be a shame.
Dennis, I wouldn’t say the Wolfman is ‘far superior’ than the Timeless. I could see some even preferring the latter. Preference is king around these parts!

Dennis, I wouldn’t say the Wolfman is ‘far superior’ than the Timeless. I could see some even preferring the latter. Preference is king around these parts!
Dan, lets just say that if the cost was more affordable and you could get one as easily as the Timeless, 1000s more people would own one even if they had a Timeless and loved it. Would people think it was that amazing then? Or would it just be another razor in their den? I don't know. Can't get my hands on a Wolfman! But I hope to one day.

My search for "the razor" ended along with my RAD when I purchased a used Ti95/68SB almost 2yrs ago w/ both SB base plates and though to date I have upgraded it to a DC base plate, it still remains the "only" razor in my cabinet. Why, some may ask? Because every other day when I shave it gives me a 20hr+ BBS shave in 2 passes and for the life of me can't grasp the concept of spending 3 times more for a razor that may or may not equal the shave!! If it does at least equal the shave, (can't fathom it can give me a better BBS for longer time period), does that justify spending 3 times more? There are days when the BBS lasts for 26-30 hrs with my Ti95DC... I don't think personally that Wolfman has anything special to offer me and is why I have zero desire to own one, but then again I am on that odd side of the spectrum.

btw, the used Ti95/68SB cost $200 shipped. I sold both base plated for $75ea and purchased the DC plate for $135 at the time so technically the razor only cost $185 total... Major score...

OK, three shaves in, and I think I’ve got a read on this. All three shaves were with a Polsilver/Wizamet blade. I only used the scalloped top gap and scalloped base plate with the .95 gap. I used MDC or Grooming Dept soaps for each shave as well.

I’ll say, first of all, that this is a very nice razor, and it is a privilege to have the opportunity to try it out. Thanks again, @P@tsfan6484! The first shave was a DFS, and each successive shave was closer, and I think this trend would likely continue a bit until leveling off. I found the razor to be very smooth as well. Aesthetically, the scalloped top cap and base plate are absolutely beautiful. I can see what people like about this razor, and if I didn’t have a Wolfman, it would be a contender.

But...I do have a Wolfman. I have a WR2 SB with a 1.25 gap. It’s probably not surprising that it’s more efficient, given the larger gap. What is amazing is that the Wolfman is also considerably smoother. This is my experience, obviously, and this is not to say that the Timeless wouldn’t be the perfect razor for somebody else.

Performance wise, the Timeless .95 reminds me of my Game Changer .84. That might sound like a dig given the price differential, but it’s not. The Game Changer is one of the razors that survived my post-Wolfman den purge, and I think it’s a great razor.

So to summarize: very nice razor, but given my current den configuration, I’m not likely to buy one.

While I'm waiting: What's best practice for cleaning before shipping to the next guy? Is my typical alcohol dip + Scrubbing Bubbles No Bleach adequate? Should I pick up some Barbicide? Something else?

Thanks,
Tim

I had my last shave today using Stirling Spice, my Chubby 2 Super, and a Wizamet/Polsilver (4). I topped it off with Old Spice Aftershave and GD serum.

It was a nice shave, and, again, I appreciate the opportunity to participate in this pass around. I just dropped the razor in the mail, and it’s on its way to @PlutoViola.

-Trey

I had my last shave today using Stirling Spice, my Chubby 2 Super, and a Wizamet/Polsilver (4). I topped it off with Old Spice Aftershave and GD serum.

It was a nice shave, and, again, I appreciate the opportunity to participate in this pass around. I just dropped the razor in the mail, and it’s on its way to @PlutoViola.

-Trey
Excellent!! Thanks for the great reviews.

-Trey
Thanks Trey! I am looking forward to it. Delivery is scheduled for today, so hopefully I will have the box in my hands this evening.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Top Bottom