What's new

Timeless 85mm vs 100mm Handle

Anyone else prefer the 100 over the 85? I used a Weber PH for about 4 years before looking for something a little more aggressive/efficient. My search ended with the Timeless . 95 scalloped. I purchased it with the 100mm Pineapple handle. At first it felt somewhat unbalanced and a little awkward, perhaps because I had been using the Weber Bulldog handle for so long. On the recommendation of others, I added the 85mm dimpled handle. It has been really awesome with great balance and nice grip. On a whim, I switched back to the 100mm and found that my shaves have moved to even a slightly higher plateau based on efficiency and smoothness. I think its because I have improved my technique with this razor and using this razor's heft instead of pressure, I am getting zero irritation even using the .095 as a daily driver and obtaining BBS shaves. Anyone using the 100mm Barber Poll handle and enjoying it?

I got to be honest I've had both the Barberpole and Pineapple handles in 100 mm and I felt they were a little to long and picked up the 85 mm Barberpole and I like it a lot more as I think the razor has better overall balance at least for me and decided to sell my 2 100mm handles.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
100 all the way
I love the feel balance and size. For whatever reason it's more natural to use in my neck too .

i bought a backup timeless the one on sale but now think I set myself up to get another head .Ugh I hate saving money this way!

I’ve got the 100mm pineapple, but I plan to swap it for an 85mm (when I get off my butt to do a BST). I’ve learned I like shorter handles.

Gotta agreed with Frank (Dragon...). Tried the 100 first and it was you long and heavy for me. Switched to a 85 and it was the right choice for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

To each their own. I prefer the 85, but that's a personal preference. The Barber pole in either length is a winner :001_tt1::001_smile

M

member 119848

Generally, I find the sweet spot for the lenght of a handle being between 3 and 3.5 inches.
85mm is therefore perfect for me, despite finding the pinapple estheticaly more appealing.
100mm would certainly be too long for me, but I might get used to it.
I chose the 85mm x 12mm knurled handle, and find the thicker 85mm x 13mm barberpole very attractive too.

I got to be honest I've had both the Barberpole and Pineapple handles in 100 mm and I felt they were a little to long and picked up the 85 mm Barberpole and I like it a lot more as I think the razor has better overall balance at least for me and decided to sell my 2 100mm handles.

I had the same experience with my 100mm Barberpole handle. I found it to be awkward to use due to the weight and length. I picked up the 85mm version of the Barberpole handle and it's a keeper.

Top Bottom