What's new

Time to buy some cheap soaps. Reviews needed please.

Time to buy some soaps, Im out of stock? Nah Im just on vacation and I got the "appeal" and cant do much because of the pandemic.
Col conk soaps have good reviews on amazon. Im looking for a cedar or rainforest scent and found that col amber soap and cedar AS available at a cheap price.
Time to try some stuff that I saw on the forum:
I already added the kilo of cella in my cart and the tabac stick refill ( to shave it because its cheaper ) and was looking for some other I could add.
La toja soap is sold out, cream is available, does it worth it?
I also generally prefer creams ( should I get tabac and cella creams instead of soaps? Reviews of tabac cream arent as good as soap)
Should I add arko?
Should I add wilkinson?
Should I add williams?
Should I try that amber col conk?
Thanks all.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Cella is a good bet at $10 for a tub for the red, almond one. Very good, quality shaving cream. I'd take a look at some of the Goodfellas' Smile soaps. I've seen some around $12-$13 US. One of my favorite soaps from them is called Abysso, great aquatic scent. Also...I know someone will eventually post...there's Arko for around $5-$6.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I guess it depends what you call cheap.

Stirling is a good soap for the money. Haslinger can also be had very inexpensively. PdP No.63 is a very nice quad milled soap that lasts seemingly forever with a scent I dont get tired of. A light airy scent thats slightly citrus, slightly sandalwood.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Not at all intending to blow you off, but rather I offer this advice as a way to help you get the most out of this site. One of the great things about B&B is the search option. Most soaps (as well as brushes, razors, after shaves, etc etc) have a dozen or more threads about them. There is a wealth of info here.

Not at all intending to blow you off, but rather I offer this advice as a way to help you get the most out of this site. One of the great things about B&B is the search option. Most soaps (as well as brushes, razors, after shaves, etc etc) have a dozen or more threads about them. There is a wealth of info here.
I actually took all these soaps ideas over the forum. Just wanted to know if I missed some out of that list. Also I dont consider tabac cheap but I have to try it from what Ive red.

For $20 you can get Ariana & Evans. Arko is great for the price, but a great soap and a good brush will drastically improve the quality of shaving. A&E comes in a 5oz container and will last months. No substitute for the best slickness out there. But not everyone enjoys the same things. I’d love to know what you think of anything new you get your hands on :)

... I’d rather be shaving! [emoji631]

If a budget is important, Def opt in for a synthetic brush knot. Maggard has a Timberwolf synthetic that is my personal favorite with decent backbone and soft tips. The knot is priced in the teens and you can choose a build your own option handle (your choice of 3 usually). Full brush was about $30 and it’s my daily go-to. I’ll show pictures of the A&E soap (tallow Kaizen base) and the mentioned brush. Hope it helps.
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

For $20 you can get Ariana & Evans. Arko is great for the price, but a great soap and a good brush will drastically improve the quality of shaving. A&E comes in a 5oz container and will last months. No substitute for the best slickness out there. But not everyone enjoys the same things. I’d love to know what you think of anything new you get your hands on :)

That soap seems very nice, also red comments in another thread about it. They dont have it on where I order and if I go where they have it they are out of stock of tabac and only have the small cella. Choices have to be made... What scent of a&e do you recommand?

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Most soaps (as well as brushes, razors, after shaves, etc etc) have a dozen or more threads about them. There is a wealth of info here.
This place is rather like google when it comes to someone having asked the very same question. Best of all, you don't have to wait for the answers they are already there.

Another tip for searching the web at large for info about an item. Say I want to search for info on somerazor. If I type in "somerazor review" I'm going to end up with a ton of crap sites that are all built on wordpress and filled with a 200 - 500 word review and affiliate links. (some days I wish wordpress had never been invented, it lowered the barrier a little too far).

So if you want to hear what real people, other shave enthusiasts think about somerazor, then here is what you type into the search engine. "somerazor forum". Having the word forum in there is going to skew the results to somerazor that are from a forum which presumably is real people talking about somerazor. Doing this knocks the junk affiliate sites to the bottom of the heap or weeds them out all together.

Also look at the Ogallala line. These are melt and pour but are solid performers and the scent is excellent! These are going for about 6.00 USD at Maggards.

Oh, forgot about your questions

Yes on Arko and Wilkinson. No so much on the Williams and Col Conk. While these may be ok, there are other soaps in that price range that perform better and the scents are much nicer but as always YMMV.

Top Bottom